Thread: Deltas, offensive humour, and the likes.

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South park used to be really awesome the first few seasons or so- then like it said 'got too stuck up it's own ass with messages.' (while still being quite cruel and angry- only now they were snobs on top of it!) It lost its innocence or something to be more preachy and it was very annoying. Entertainers and actors really need to understand that's all they are... and there's nothing wrong with being just that. The world needs to be entertained, it's a part of life.

Haha Family Guy- I often think they go too far at times but it's great.

I don't think it's particularly funny to mock racial/sexual minorities or women or anything like that unless it is actually clever
    Well in making fun of gay men the punchline is too often 'haha he's effeminate and sassy and not a real man snort snort.' *opens up beer can*

Making fun of gay guys can just be more creative than that like this skit:

Also this hahaha I love this one:

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starrangel View Post
    South park used to be really awesome the first few seasons or so- then like it said 'got too stuck up it's own ass with messages.' (while still being quite cruel and angry- only now they were snobs on top of it!) It lost its innocence or something to be more preachy and it was very annoying. Entertainers and actors really need to understand that's all they are... and there's nothing wrong with being just that. The world needs to be entertained, it's a part of life.

Haha Family Guy- I often think they go too far at times but it's great.

Well in making fun of gay men the punchline is too often 'haha he's effeminate and sassy and not a real man snort snort.' *opens up beer can*

Making fun of gay guys can just be more creative than that like this skit:

Those are funny, especially the first one. I have no problem making fun of gay people, it's more when people use graphic and vulgar humor to make them sound disgusting. Poking fun at any group is always fine with me. It's the way you go at it that matter. I like to mock while leaving the people being mocked with at least a shred of dignity. And it has to be somewhat creative to be funny. And maybe a bit subtle or ironic. For example, nothing that involves women+kitchens+making sandwiches will ever be funny. Maybe the first time it was funny. Now you'd have to add quite a twist for me to not lose all respect for you after hearing it out of your not funny mouth.

Make jokes about "special" folk. I don't care as long as you're not just going "durr durr durr" or being overly cruel about it.

Racist jokes can be very funny, but I prefer to hear them about their own group for the most part. I like the irony, plus I think having really inside knowledge on a group makes it so you can make extra poignant jokes, and in that case I will forgive a lot more offensiveness and cruelty if said about your own group. Really this applies to anything, not just racial stuff.

Without getting too personal, I belong to a group that has its own genre of jokes about it, and for the most part I would not want to hear them. However, I enjoy making these jokes myself from time to time, the darker the better. I also find it funny when others from my group make very dark, self deprecating jokes about us. Truly understanding the subtleties of my experience makes it so you can tell a very sophisticated joke about me/us without spreading any misinformation or old stereotypes. It's easier for them to know where the line is. And how to cross it in the best way possible lol.