Thread: Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx- Politics, social issues etc

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    As stated in Soviet Russia, you don't care about politic, politic care about you.
    Whether or not this is intended as a joke, it makes a spectacularly good point. SP/SX or SX/SP types ought to care about politics because it has the potential to radically transform their world -- they can't ignore it anymore than they can ignore diabetes. Power is just another resource after all, and politics is the art of how power can be provisioned systematically.

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    SP/SX or SX/SP types ought to care about politics because it has the potential to radically transform their world -- they can't ignore it anymore than they can ignore diabetes.
    more like unable to ignore it anymore than we can ignore hunger...
    I have zero motivation to sublimate myself into a greater cause; to engage in any kind of activism; or to follow the humdrum business of shifting rivalries and alliances. None. Zero.
    so you're the miraculous subtype of So blind spot (given the opinion of others): the one that... doesn't have any blind spot overfocus... yea, I guess diabetes is a possibility more distant than hunger.
    Except for impaired empathy, an ordinary guy who's looking for down-to-earth, loving, loyal friends and a geeky, warm, voluptuous girlfriend!

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neokortex View Post
    more like unable to ignore it anymore than we can ignore hunger...

so you're the miraculous subtype of So blind spot (given the opinion of others): the one that... doesn't have any blind spot overfocus... yea, I guess diabetes is a possibility more distant than hunger.
    What is blind spot overfocus and what does hunger have to do with it?

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What is blind spot overfocus and what does hunger have to do with it?
    https://www.personalitycafe.com/enneagram-personality-theory-forum/1255538-blind-spot-over-focus-thoughts-experiences.html
    hunger's just a metaphor to how urgent one feels the need to care for their blind spot

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.personalitycafe.com/enneagram-personality-theory-forum/1255538-blind-spot-over-focus-thoughts-experiences.html
    hunger's just a metaphor to how urgent one feels the need to care for their blind spot
    I see. I don't know how "official" this theory is, but it seems like there are a number of ways to experience "hunger" other than the three points I listed.

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see. I don't know how "official" this theory is, but it seems like there are a number of ways to experience "hunger" other than the three points I listed.
    Possibly. But an So blind person may as well be hungry for the inability to hold down a job. And that's more immediate than a distant possibility of diabetes.
    Except for impaired empathy, an ordinary guy who's looking for down-to-earth, loving, loyal friends and a geeky, warm, voluptuous girlfriend!

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly. But an So blind person may as well be hungry for the inability to hold down a job. And that's more immediate than a distant possibility of diabetes.
    Hey, you can completely screw yourself over and still worry about diabetes.