I have a relationship with somebody who I'm currently trying to type, however I'm meeting with much difficulty as the person seems to be very hard to pigeon hole into a category.

I apologize but I feel it's necessary to play the pronoun game as I think people sometimes unknowingly allow gender to influence their opinion :wink: Here's a description of the person:

They're often unreasonably irritable or ill-tempered and contemptuous in their speech and behavior. They have a very crafty sort of intelligence about them but at the same time they have absolutely no ability (or apparent interest) to think things through to their logical conclusion. They think exactly as far as one step ahead, and sometimes not even that.

This person also seems to have narcissistic and sociopathic tendencies and is self absorbed to the point where they often do not notice their own failures, past or present.

They have the tendency to be paranoid over things (I remember hearing that this person is or used to be paranoid about germs. I'm not sure on this point as I haven't actually seen it for myself).
Despite all of their short comings this person is pretty humorous at times and can be fun to be around. They're very dramatic and are prone to speaking quite loudly to the point of screaming.

I hope that was enough information to at least get started. It's obvious that whatever type this person falls under they're probably damaged and do not represent their type.