Thread: ISFps and ESFjs, anyone actually struggling to make friends?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InkMyUmbrella View Post
    I do this only when I've had enough of the person or feel taken advantage of... Yes it is immature and really I should just let go, but as someone with mental health issues, you only can hold in things for so long lol. E.g. My parents were hypercritical of me growing up, and nowadays I've been taking it less, blowing up at them easily for pushing my buttons, and telling them the times they screwed up as well. Probably an Fe thing more than a Fi thing...
    Yes, I do that to my parents too. (:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Yes, I do that to my parents too. (:
    really? where is Fe in your stacks?

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? where is Fe in your stacks?
    Almost certainly my hidden agenda, but there's always room for doubt, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Almost certainly my hidden agenda, but there's always room for doubt, I guess.
    Same... I relate more to the people who claim to be NTs on most sites, tbh, but I suspect most of those folks are actually just depressed XSFJs and their low self esteem made them spend way too much time in Ti mode lol. At least that's what happened to me

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    You have to get to know the relationships. That's the only way to be sure of your type imo.
    Sorry, do you mind expanding here?

They are often perceived as using it more. Because creative Si can be used in the framework of the base it can be expressed better, like in LSE. It gets a more explicit expression. Base Si is often almost invisible, and just has to be inferred. One just sees aloofness.

The base and creative are different. Base is the primary conscious orientation, Creative more assisting, "less conscious", difficult to use independently of base.

So you think you are ESE? You seem to be asking a lot of questions, that could be a hint of Ti suggestive. Just an idea.
    From what I read, ESE and SEI can really use their Ti a considerable amount if they are really interested in a topic. More often than not, this topic has some practical use in their minds- i.e. they don't just research the topic out of simple curiosity; it has an end purpose and usually to do with strengthening their ties with people.

From my perspective... it seems like "real" users of T/F are the following:
    Fi- Gets their self confidence via developing a strong set of ethical standards, and adhering to those strongly, especially when these ethics/behaviors are different than how other people view morality.
    Te- Gets their self confidence via objective measures of "success" and develop goals in order to reach these measures- e.g. money, visible power, control, social status, etc. They love accolades.
    Ti- Gets their self confidence from being more "objective" than others and trying to be as objective as possible. They love problem solving and accomplishing an intellectual task that not many can figure out.
    Fe- Gets our self confidence from our relationships. We want people to like us, to desire to be with us, to love to have us around. The more people who feel this way, the better.

Since my Fe is whack- meaning I desire social validation via friendships and romantic relationships, but struggle continuously- I go in full on Ti mode. I want to find the "truth" in order to figure out why I'm struggling to make friends, what can I do about it, is it even possible, should I give up, etc. But if there is something that doesn't really help me with my goals, like studying how cars work, then I usually don't give two craps about it.
    Last edited by InkMyUmbrella; 12-03-2017 at 10:53 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, do you mind expanding here?
    There are 16 type relationships between the types. You know that? You have to learn to observe these in real life and how they affect you. Usually people have friends in the same quadra, activators, duals, identicals etc. You have to see how this works, because then it's possbile to type yourself with accuracy.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)