Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
I read your posts and you seem pretty OK; you're probably just over-thinking things. Fi PoLRs are pretty non-judgemental people anyway, and even when they are being judgemental, it's either very temporary (on a whim, basically) or not deeply felt.
Thank you, that's very kind of you!

I just wanted to understand one thing- what does Fi have to do with my social anxiety? Maybe I misunderstood, but to me, Fi = judging someone based on the ethics of their actions, and deeming the actions and the person's character "good" or "bad". For me, my SA comes from being worried that the person isn't receiving me well, and more so blaming myself for not being socially competent.

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
Also, are you taking medication of any kind? I had paranoid delusions of persecution for a year when I was put on this god-awful (and unnecessary, as I later found out) brain medicine. (not joking)
I am currently not, but waiting for some financial things to work out before looking for a therapist. Definitely think this would help me
Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
I usually explain Si as sensing inner impressions, whatever they might be. The environment and the materials around us is constantly making an impact on us and Si senses this impact/impressions. Comfort as an experience also belongs to this category, but it is not the whole story.

SEIs themselves don't necessarily think of this as "inner life". They just see this as "how things are". But when comparing with other people one can start understanding Si more.

Just like any other function Si too needs to be put to use, and refined. Cooking, working with interesting materials, drawing, taking care of clothes, playing an instrument, painting, technical work with metals, tools, decorating, making the home a cosy place, photography etc.
So...do you, as an Si-dom, continue with these "Si" things? In other words, you constantly work to make your environment around you as pleasant as possible, or you do things which sensationally make your inner world feel at place, e.g. technical work with tools? You focus on how the environment makes you feel constantly... do you find that you are very in touch with these sensations? Do you focus less on how things make you feel emotionally, e.g. avoid reading or doing something which might make you feel sad and/or insecure?