What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I have learned:

The PoLR is the point of (un)balance. A tipping point.

The person is sensitive towards the information but doesn' really know what to do with it.

The stumbling happens not just because it's weak, but because the person is somehow ambivalent towards the information.

Usually the person tries to either ignore the PoLR or he tries to integrate it into the information flow.

Fi and Fe PoLR can create a subjective feedback. ILEs adjust their ideas and thinking under influence of Fi, for example morality. But it depends on the person what it actually is.

SLE can have an emphasized ethics of actions.

Fe PoLR in ILI seems to have something to do with their critical attitude.

Anyway, the information is not irrelevant. It's like a ghost lurking behind the scenes.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Fe PoLR in ILI seems to have something to do with their critical attitude.
    I agree with the rest of your post and was wondering if you have something more to add to what I've quoted (?)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I agree with the rest of your post and was wondering if you have something more to add to what I've quoted (?)
    Maybe a psychologizing attitude? Verbalizing what's "behind" Fe?. Perceived by others as critical.

Or something like Aki Kaurismäki's movies. Aren't you familiar with them? There is a sort of "negative Fe" in them.

laconic expressions and irony?

Or maybe even a tendency to find that spiritual expression that will hit everybody?

But my data on ILI is not very good Don't know that many...

What do you think?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Maybe a psychologizing attitude? Verbalizing what's "behind" Fe?. Perceived by others as critical.

Or something like Aki Kaurismäki's movies. Aren't you familiar with them? There is a sort of "negative Fe" in them.

laconic expressions and irony?

Or maybe even a tendency to find that spiritual expression that will hit everybody?

But my data on ILI is not very good Don't know that many...

What do you think?
    Yes, i'm very familiar with his movies and used to like them way back (less so nowadays). I mentioned at some point that Fe is somehow tied to criteria for things/behaviours etc. So i'm trying to wrap my head around how that translates to Fe polr (dissing something well-established maybe? missing the point? i dunno). I've also noticed Fe Polr disturbs my Fe, which i don't have mass amounts of and it does feel irksome on occasion. Ej - Te don't do this so i prefer their interaction depending on the person. Thanks for your input

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Yes, i'm very familiar with his movies and used to like them way back (less so nowadays). I mentioned at some point that Fe is somehow tied to criteria for things/behaviours etc. So i'm trying to wrap my head around how that translates to Fe polr (dissing something well-established maybe? missing the point? i dunno). Thanks for your input
    It can be integrated though. There are ILI poets for example. Fe PoLR can be indirect persuasion. I suspect that the ILI can have a deeper interest in the spiritual than the IEI for this reason.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 01-12-2018 at 09:12 PM.

(Jung on Si)