Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I really don't operate with a coherent system. My feelings, "values," and etc. tend to fluctuate fluidly over time. I don't care much about consistency with past static elements of my life. There are a few things about myself, certain qualities and traits, that I think I value, moreso than any external "values" themselves. I think these are more consistent over time.

And yeah, the things I hold to be true have yielded unwanted results. But if I cared that much about what I was doing, that took precedence over anything else. I can't really say that the "things I hold to be true" though have necessarily guided my actions. That's inaccurate and doesn't really portray how I act and behave. I tend to go based on my feelings, my instincts, and my intuitions. Whatever I feel is right for me in the moment, that is what I do. I don't consider myself beholden to some universal principle of any kind. Those are all artificial in my opinion. I think there is some truth to the idea that one's own nature should be the highest principle from which one acts. That sounds closer to what Fi is than following values that apply in every case. I don't think there is a situation in life that is without exception, so it's necessary to think from the situation rather than from principle.
    Tactics/Strategy

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keranos View Post
    Tactics/Strategy
    Could it be that your questions contained an inherent assumption of a strategic approach, which is why I had to contradict the premise of the question itself?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Could it be that your questions contained an inherent assumption of a strategic approach, which is why I had to contradict the premise of the question itself?
    That occurred to me. It seems that to avoid overlap with other traits, it's best to refine definitions.

@Aramas , additionally, your only has 3 dimensions. Not your base function. So if the OP is 100%, your most natural inclinations would serve as a poorer reflection of it compared to someone who's base function was or .
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 11-12-2017 at 10:04 AM.