Hybrid View

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Your Color Palette & Body Type.

Hello everyone! Time for the fashion experts, learners, and the curious Get ready for some very content so don't trust me okay

A) Ladies and the occasional gentleman: You've heard of it as Seasonal Color Analysis, Your Color style, or Personal Colors. If you are familiar with these, did you find your matching palette? If you want, type other people into these systems if you like.

B) Whatever system you prefer to use, do you know your body type? Yes the men can join, too (ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph)! Here's a random calculator for women, dunno if this is the best one.

For the extra mile, include face shape, too.

As of lately, I tried to gauge mine, needs some fine-tuning.

A) Fell for the initial trap and typed as winter - wrong! Upon closer inspection: Soft/Muted, Warm Undertone, Medium. Dark blonde + green muddy eyes + light beige-yellowy skin that is. So, Soft Autumn in the seasons apparently. My palette (among other variations I've seen!) is approximately this one:

The colors I love the most are the beige, turquoise, peach/coral, or camel inspired ones. The color I miss is black I still wear it anyways.

The surprising color twin is my crush Angelina Jolie :

B) Oval face shape, body: pear shape. Measurements: 90-74-100 in cm and (ugh this was difficult to convert) 35,43-29,13-39,37 inches?

Another crush: subsequent pear shape twin is my queen Beyoncé. Also an autumn type I've read, she pulls off gold so nicely:

Last edited by Chae; 02-12-2018 at 11:33 PM.

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae you are lucky to be a Soft Autumn if that's your correct season, such a lovely feminine ethereal palette. You share seasons with Namjoon too!
    The late afternoon, warm, comfortable light makes every colour glow with heat that is more full-bodied, not bouncy like Spring’s. Soft Autumn is Amaretto sliding down your throat, not whisky, not Sprite, and not green tea. The nectar, not the juice.

The best online resources for color analysis is by far 12blueprints.com. the owner is Christine Scaman, author of "Return to Your Natural Colours", a wonderful I recommend for those interested in knowing more about the essence of your season. There are many articles on the site about each season that explore their energy core in a poetic illustrative way. I would also recommend visiting truth-is-beauty.com, they have the best online test available at the moment and there are also articles on body type, though the author has created her own system that expand's on Kibbe's original 13. For those looking to find complete look pertaining to their season I recommend following Pinterest boards and Polyvore, another option is the website 30somethingurbangirl.com.

For the sake of understanding, I shall share an oldie but goodie, the original VHS video of Color Me Beautiful. This was the first color system available, back then there were just 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. The nowadays Sci-art system recognizes the existence of 12, with other independent systems going up to 16.

Originally:

The biggest issue with this over simplistic view of the types was that it held no space for deviations of the norm, the season was judged based on appareance and not skin reaction to colors. This meant that ladies of color were always Dark seasos, which doesn't hold true to reality. Contrary to what some (not Sci-Art) believe, women of color can be Light seasons too.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who doubt or oppose the theory but want to avoid lengthy explanations, I'll share some visuals that clearly illustrate the effects of correct vs incorrect colors on a person's complexion. Whenever a person uses their right colors, their skin looks healthy, fresher, smoother and brighter:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends got me hooked on Colour Analysis last year and I think Winter is the best match for me.

My favourite colours are Teal Blue and Blue Green, also inlove with all the violets.
    For me it was only hard to determine whether I had warm or cool skin undertone and what helped me the most was the silver/gold jewlery test and it turns out that mine is cool.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ida View Post
    My friends got me hooked on Colour Analysis last year and I think Winter is the best match for me.

My favourite colours are Teal Blue and Blue Green, also inlove with all the violets.
    For me it was only hard to determine whether I had warm or cool skin undertone and what helped me the most was the silver/gold jewlery test and it turns out that mine is cool.
    The Brights are neutral seasons, so it figures you'd look good in both but better in silver, since it's your dominant.

Palettes for all seasons:

DISCLAIMER: While this particular representations of the palettes is the most popular, is important to notice that the lady that created them passes away before she could remake them. This means that some colors are missing from a couple palettes, like the reds from Bright Spring.

Later on I plan on making a post for each season, I'll then include more modern versions which are more inclusive.

Should I lump the same version of the palettes for all seasons, or make a post for each season with every version in it?

BONUS: Top 3 Best Colors for each season

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ida View Post

Ah! A true fave.

^^^^^^^

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I just want to say I love this look, in the spoiler. The doe eyes and light makeup.

I own a lot of makeup but have no idea what to do with it beyond the basics. I don't know much about shading or highlighting (other than light bronzer to highlight) and when I had it done professionally I felt like a clown and wiped a lot off before I felt presentable. Mostly the blush and brows. It looked awful to me.

I look fine with crimson red lips but not a bright red unless I am tan (I stopped tanning). If I am tan I can do some dark shades of orange. Anything salmon looks awful on me though. When my hair is red I just do an auburn brow but the pro made them dark brown and heavy. It threw my face off balance. I am not sure why she chose to do it that way. I like several shades of purple but not to wear, except on lips if my eyes are done right. I own a lot of nail polish and can get away with more color on my nails than face. I can do black or dark electric blue on nails and it looks good but I don't think I look good in any blue usually. I have pulled off a sky blue but my hair and skin were the right shades at the time. I can't wear blue eye shadows at all. I can do teal liner.

I decorate my home in a lot of deep jewel tones and earthy colors. I can often blend well with my home decor. I think @reverie is very pretty without makeup. I noticed her skin tone is more like my ESE sister. She also has pink/reddish undertones. She has a different dad. My full sister has olive skin which is very different from my mom and me. I feel she can wear a lot of color I can't and vice versa.

I rarely wear blush but the look above is a soft, just got out of bed pretty makeup. I probably do this look the most, when I wear makeup now. For years I focused only on eyes and lips, regardless of the color used because I feel my cheeks are too prominent and high. I have Greek features but was born blonde. My lashes and brows are still blonde but my hair has gotten darker. It looks more ash brown to me but I still have natural gold highlights.

My mom is gray now but it isn't even gray. It is the most beautiful shade of silvery white, straight out of LOTR. The colorist told her that women pay a lot to get her color. I had to talk her out of dying it brown once she went all white. She didn't realize how beautiful and unique it is. My grandmother on her side was the same. I don't think my olive skin sister will get that color when she gets older but I will because I take after my mom more than my dad. I will have to make color adjustments when the time comes.

Since I was a teen, I chose to go red (usually auburn but many shades, some awful like strawberry blonde) for many years because I felt it expressed the fire inside me that most people did not realize was there at first. Maybe it was a symbolic warning to all trespassers. lol I wanted an intense color to balance out my introverted aspects. I stood out.

Hair colorists always tried to get me to go blonde. More than one said I had the perfect base color for blonde but I tried blonde a couple times and didn't like it. Maybe because it was closer to what looked natural than the reds or magenta (I did that too). Now I am thinking about going a little blonde, or golden brown, just to try it out but then I feel a lot of the colors I wear now would look different. I did bronze brown not long ago and the color suits me. It also complemented more of the clothes I own than the auburn does. I have more color options with the bronze brown. I liked that.

I can also wear both gold and silver jewelry. I prefer silver. If I do a spray tan I cannot say which looks best. I like vintage copper jewelry which does look good whether I am pale or darker. I can wear some shades of red but others look awful. I can wear white and black. I can only wear some pastels when I am tan (and my hair is the right color) otherwise I feel washed out in pastels. But, creams, beige or tan is fine on me and doesn't look boring. Whatever I wear I always add something to stand out that makes it all work, like vintage emerald green and copper chandelier earrings and taupe knee high suede boots, which I would wear with the colors the girl has in the pic is wearing but I might add a crimson lip stain instead of the pale lips with them. I have women and men compliment me on these boots all the time and ask where I got them. More women than men actually.

My mom is the only person I know who has never worn makeup but when she gets dressed up she looks polished and she stands out. Makeup does not do her any justice. She has pale blue eyes and silver white hair with perfect skin (even at her age now). When her hair was brown naturally it was the same. She could dress up for a night out without a bit of makeup and stand out more than someone in full makeup. Yes, I was jealous. I don't have the blue eyes but we have the same skin tone. My eyes are more amber but I call them hazel. My aunt always said I had "cat eyes" because the color always changed depending on what I was wearing or the lighting.

Does this sound like deep autumn still? @Playing With Fire

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colors to differentiate seasons with the same dominant characteristic:

TRUE SPRING VS TRUE AUTUMN (ABSOLUTELY WARM):

TRUE SUMMER VS TRUE WINTER (ABSOLUTELY COOL):

DARK AUTUMN VS DARK WINTER:

SOFT AUTUMN VS SOFT SUMMER:

LIGHT SPRING VS LIGHT SUMMER:

BRIGHT SPRIG VS BRIGHT WINTER:

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I probably look best in soft to warm autumn colors. People have said I look good in red and black too (not at the same time, either all black or all red.). When I dyed my hair various shades of red I could play with different colors than these.

I have gone more dramatic at night and it looked fine but at some point you have to reapply to keep it looking good. If I stick with the look GB has in the center, when I choose to wear it, it doesn't matter much when it fades since I look pretty much the same.

I have more clothes than I know what to do with at this point. I probably should organize and give away what I don't wear again. I have so many choices yet I stick to a few things for a long time. I have things that looked like a good idea but in reality do not suit my personality. I have a lot of shoes too. I guess I have an eclectic sense of style. At home I wear yoga pants and t-shirts a lot, oh, and men's boxers too (in the smallest size).

Your body type is: Top Hourglass

As a Top Hourglass Body Type, you have a beautifully defined waist and bust that is larger than your hips. You have gently rounded shoulders that align nicely with your hips. Your waist is obvious and gracefully curves out to your hips. You most likely have a rounded bottom and beautiful side as well as front profile. Your upper body is proportionate in length to your legs which are shapely.

How to Dress a Top Hourglass Body Shape

The key to dressing a Top Hourglass body type is to balance your lower body with your ample bust while accentuating your enviable waist. This is achieved by selecting clothing cuts that will fill out your lower half. You have great legs so feel free to play with skirt lengths. Read the advice below to learn more about tops, bottoms and swimsuits for your figure.
    Tops

Look for tops that will accentuate your waist and help balance your bust with your hips. Look for:

• Narrow v-necks.
    • Tops with banding or nipping at the waist.
    • Wrap-style tops.
    • Tailored shirts and jackets.
    • Dark colored tops.

Edit: Oval face
    Last edited by Aylen; 11-04-2017 at 08:24 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

There must be something wrong with me because I don't think this is a thing. When I look at those pictures Playing with Fire posted that are supposed to illustrate "good and bad colors" on people, I dont see a difference with the different colors, and in some cases I prefer the "bad" color on them. I prefer Mary-Kate Olsen with red lips and all, it looks way more interesting than that boring, blank picture beside it that is supposed to "look good". The picture with the ginger girl in orange is obviously not going to work because of her hair, but if she had other hair it could work.

A part of this is that I kind of like the anemic/sick look. Then actually this can be helpful, I just need to do the complete opposite of what is recommended.
    Last edited by maniac; 11-04-2017 at 08:39 PM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    There must be something wrong with me because I don't think this is a thing. When I look at those pictures Playing with Fire posted that are supposed to illustrate "good and bad colors" on people, I dont see a difference with the different colors, and in some cases I prefer the "bad" color on them. I prefer Mary-Kate Olsen with red lips and all, it looks way more interesting than that boring, blank picture beside it that is supposed to "look good". The picture with the ginger girl in orange is obviously not going to work because of her hair, but if she had other hair it could work.
    There is nothing "wrong" with you, it's kinda like the whole "is this dress white or blue" thing: you just don't have fine color perception. The brain of different people process color uniquely, that's why those memes were such a thing. Some brains discount some colors, others don't.

Color analysis is for people who prize naturality and harmony in terms of look, when you follow your palette there's no conflict because the colors you wear are already present in your body. You personally simply doesn't care for it, which is fine.

I think Mary Kate looks like a total clown with those red lips and black makeup, but then again, this is not what "blank" looks like to me:

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    There is nothing "wrong" with you, it's kinda like the whole "is this dress white or blue" thing: you just don't have fine color perception. The brain of different people process color uniquely, that's why those memes were such a thing. Some brains discount some colors, others don't.

Color analysis is for people who prize naturality and harmony in terms of look, when you follow your palette there's no conflict because the colors you wear are already present in your body. You personally simply doesn't care for it, which is fine.
    People don't "not process color as finely" unless they're colorblind. People who process color normally have a huge variation in what they see. http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/color2.html#individualdiffs The palettes are nice for building a theme but that seems like about it. What colors to wear seems like more of a personality-based preference like playful people choosing true spring and grumpy librarians choosing soft autumn to me. None of the palettes displayed on the computer screen are ever going to match anything you can physically wear due to the light source and that's a fact.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by entelecheia View Post
    People don't "not process color as finely" unless they're colorblind. People who process color normally have a huge variation in what they see. http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/color2.html#individualdiffs The palettes are nice for building a theme but that seems like about it. What colors to wear seems like more of a personality-based preference like playful people choosing true spring and grumpy librarians choosing soft autumn to me. None of the palettes displayed on the computer screen are ever going to match anything you can physically wear due to the light source and that's a fact.
    The irony here is your complete lack of self awareness. You claim color is nothing but preference, yet everything you said here is based on just that. There is no fact here no matter what your "nobody puts me in a box" mind prefers to believe. If you wanna discredit Munswell then go ahead, come back with scientifically results that prove him wrong. The burden of proof is with you.

But about the bolded, colors os a screen can't match fabric you say? Pantone is shook:

It even matches food lol:

And plants:

Some examples of the collective hallucination called "matching your seasonal color fan to fabric, makeup and acessories":

Oh and take your ugly stereotypes about people's personalities somewhere else while you're at that.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The irony here is your complete lack of self awareness. You claim color is nothing but preference, yet everything you said here is based on just that. There is no fact here no matter what your "nobody puts me in a box" mind prefers to believe. If you wanna discredit Munswell then go ahead, come back with scientifically results that prove him wrong. The burden of proof is with you.

But about the bolded, colors os a screen can't match fabric you say? Pantone is shook:

It even matches food lol:

And plants:

Some examples of the collective hallucination called "matching your seasonal color fan to fabric, makeup and acessories":

Oh and take your ugly stereotypes about people's personalities somewhere else while you're at that.
    I looked up the theory and it's fine but Chae explained it reeeeally poorly, and it's also still a fact that computer screen colors can't match the colors from clothes and people's complexion to show how it really works. The theory is based on hue, chroma, and value (which are on a scale, so there aren't boxes in it either, just trends) and computer screens have a very limited range there and can't capture subtle nuances that distinguish the really similar-looking colors at all.

I basically just have an issue with the fact that maniac came in here wanting to understand this, and you basically just told her to piss off because she's fundamentally incapable of understanding. She might've been a bit uncivil about it, but wasp also said the same thing more civilly. I know this color theory stuff so I can reference it in real life and learn that way (so I take back the thing about personalities, that has more to do with accents and neutral colors), but people without that foundation are just going to feel sort of locked out and look on this thread like some sort of elitist circlejerk. To be honest, I'm not sure either of you really understand or you'd be able to explain better.
    Last edited by Pallas; 11-06-2017 at 04:50 PM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen

Dark Autumn then, they can usually wear black really well, the only Autumn type that can:

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am soft summer (low contrast) and inverted triangle body shape and I think I may have diamond face shape with hooded eyes.

@maniac I think that the right colors just make you look healthier... (Mary Kate)

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@reverie

You're definitely a lovely Soft lady Give me a minute and I'll try and find a perfect match for that mauve. Don't worry, I'll just keep the pic open while I compare and then I'll close the window.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think that's Ashley on the right.

Ashley has always had more effeminate, symmetrical facial features (more conventionally attractive, if you will). she carries more natural weight in her face, softer melding of the facial features, fuller cheeks, and less of an obvious pout, more of a smirk. Mary-Kate's face is slightly more gaunt, longer, and her pout is one of her trademarks. it pulls her face downward, kinda like it's melting, which I believe is due to less natural weight in her face. I think that Ashley's sun-kissed skin makes a bigger difference than anything else (even if I agree it's a flattering dress) and Mary-Kate's makeup is just poorly done.

Edit: the funniest part is that if you reverse google image search that picture of Ashley, it still comes up as Mary-Kate. I had to find a video from the event to confirm that it was actually Ashley because I know that I find one more attractive than the other. holy crap these twins are the ultimate optical illusion

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire Gold has different shades too, so it is not a surprise:
    20160628Th1sHAGy7NoWPnzL_QkaHl_large.jpeg
    It is problematic to tell undertone for olive skin tone.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wasp

They are both the same season, but it's still funny

@Diana

Precisely. The so in vogue rose gold is only for Softs and Lights, for example.

In order to avoid confusion and unnecessary "arguing" in the future:

"Seasonal Color Analysis" is an umbrella term under which several different systems operate. Each subsystem have their own parameters and set of rules. My analysis and comments on this thread are based on the Sci-Art method, which uses calibrated fabric drapes to observe skin reaction to color. This calibration process is based on the Munsell system, which is scientifically approved. I chose this system because in my experience it's the most accurate, but that doesn't render others obsolete. Different strokes for different blokes.

If you are interested in personal color palettes but don't subscribe to Sci-Art and its rules, we are simply speaking different languages. I like learning so if you have a new method to introduce, please do.
    Last edited by PrettySavage; 11-04-2017 at 10:42 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey wow - this blew up, everyone! #Shook
    Grazie for the interest. Y'all are marvelous 16types as the color analysis collective demographic, incredible. @Playing With Fire your resources are awesome, thanks for the help

I use Jen Thoden's typology. She's a spring as far as I know, I don't really doubt it

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae

Well when I like something I'm all in, no half measures

Yes Jen is a Spring for sure, Bright Spring to be exact. I watched a bunch of her videos earlier this year. I think her system is great for women who aren't so demanding (like me lol). There's less rigidity, some of the absolute accuracy is sacrificed in name of more inclusion and options.

Many women mourn the loss of their favorite colors (black would be #1) after getting their analysis done. The professionals behind simpler systems usually allow for "cheating", they teach their clients how to do that while minimizing negative effects. I respect that not every woman puts "objectively" looking good before satisfying their personal tastes. For me there's no choice, 'cuz you know, overload

Later I'm going to make a post on my personal Kibbe + Seasonal Palette. I'm thinking about doing posts on celebrities of every season later on (including K-idols), what do you think? We could share our style inspirations.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae

Well when I like something I'm all in, no half measures

Yes Jen is a Spring for sure, Bright Spring to be exact. I watched a bunch of her videos earlier this year. I think her system is great for women who aren't so demanding (like me lol). There's less rigidity, some of the absolute accuracy is sacrificed in name of more inclusion and options.

Many women mourn the loss of their favorite colors (black would be #1) after getting their analysis done. The professionals behind simpler systems usually allow for "cheating", they teach their clients how to do that while minimizing negative effects. I respect that not every woman puts "objectively" looking good before satisfying their personal tastes. For me there's no choice, 'cuz you know, overload

Later I'm going to make a post on my personal Kibbe + Seasonal Palette. I'm thinking about doing posts on celebrities of every season later on (including K-idols), what do you think? We could share our style inspirations.
    That's great tho - and if you're demanding, the system advances. We can't put up with the old seasons idea isolated from what you said, new input from Sci-Art.

It's tricky yes, also typing oneself into the season with your favorite colors in it just because! I say, let's get smart and combine cleverly to snatch that look knowing that your colors are not authoritative, but you are the authority, still. Tried this today, if I wanna wear black I will, but put an aubergine shawl on top. I keep in mind that I don't entirely exist to look good or am under the obligation of lookin pretty & perfect, and select colors to keep my wardrobe endlessly combine-able instead. What I find useful about it is that shopping for clothes is now less of a challenge, definitely. Options lowered. Color analysis is super handy and should be far more popular and practiced by everyone.

Ayyy Looking forward to the #facts - the burning question I got is BTS Jimin's season If you're down, Jungkook, too. I think he looks dashing in bright red, what's going on.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MEGAN

@fox You're neutral like 98% of the population, what's bizarre about that? Lucky you, you get more room to play.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire
    haha maybe, I'm still learning about the theory. I just feel like there's something to be said if the creator of that image couldn't distinguish between two different people since the theory finds its roots in specificity. I feel like she's right that one style looks better, but her reasoning is semi-flawed in my eyes.

I used to be obsessed with facial symmetry and skin tones, but I don't think I ever looked too deep into color palette theory.

I can sort of see myself in your photos of Natalie Portman, especially in the first photo, except my skin tone is more olive and in the wintertime it borders on translucent, pretty much like a white French person. in the summertime it borders on Brazilian. I've always been into black and white, denim jeans, neutral tones, especially earth tones. I didn't shop at Hollister because I was poor as bricks, but I always enjoyed their color palettes. if I couldn't find something affordable at Hollister, then I'd try to find something similar at a second-hand store. Olive green is by far the most flattering color on me, but I think that depends on my hair color and skin tone, and I don't know where that falls on the color palette theory. All I know is that I detest "loud" colors.

I checked out the Instagram accounts, but even if some of their respective color palettes were "flattering" (according to the theory) their outfits were ugly. I guess it's a matter of preference, but I feel like they're applying the theory way too literally and it's making them look like caricatures of high fashion.

I like this Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/peachiyy

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wasp

The names of the seasons are not meant to be taken literally, if you are a True Cool season for example, all that means is that those 100% cool colors make your skin look better, not that your skin itself is to totally cool. That's scientifically impossible.

Human skin is fulled with microveins where blood flows 24/7, there's always a bit of warmth. Thecnically speaking, if you're alive you have both warm and cool pigments on your body, but one will trump the other in terms of dominance.

There is no such a thing as a totally neutral person, no one gets to wear two palettes equally well.

@reverie Some of the companies I shared the IG accounts of sell costume made makeup according to season. Elea Blake cosmetics is a makeup company built on that premisse for example.

I don't wear foundation, the only thing I put on my face is BBCream, so I really don' t know much about skin coverage.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@wasp I feel like you're answering questions I didn't ask, but I reread my post and I see where it got confusing. I'm not implying that summer = tan or winter = pale. I'm saying that my skin tone varies greatly depending on the season (independent from the seasonal tones mentioned in the theory) so it's hard to place myself anywhere because I could see myself in several tones. I'm not yet knowledgeable enough in the theory to know how to distinguish between different shades of olive skin and how they correspond with various color palettes.

what I'm curious about is how my color preferences (black and white, earth tones, and colors associated with Hollister, such as maroon) match up with the theory + the tidbit about detesting "loud" colors, which may or may not be related to color palette theory, hopefully that clarifies things
    Last edited by wasp; 11-05-2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Edited to make more sense

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have a very poor sense of fashion, really, but I'm very curious to learn more about color palettes. I have noticed that even subtle changes in colour can affect the impression you give off to others.

For the record, I am a Dark Autumn.

I like "warm", "deep", "powerful", "passionate" earthy types of colours. I wear a lot of red, black, white and creams, browns, roses, and I occasionally wear blues, as well, if they have this same effect. However, I do not like green or purple.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 11-05-2017 at 12:58 AM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae I missed your post, what's up with that?

BTS:
    Suga- Dark Winter
    J-Hope- Dark Autumn
    Jungkook- True Winter
    Jin- Soft Summer
    RM- Soft Autumn
    Jimin- Bright Spring
    V- Bright Spring

I'll include them on my K-Idols by season posts.
    @wasp

You made that comment about the creator of the theory not being able to differentiate a person, it seemed pretty direct to me. I guess it was a misunderstanding them.

There's no palette that includes those colors. Black & white are present on the 3 winters, with Dark Autumn wearing many reds and a warm black well, but no white, just cream. Bright Spring wears black well (it's more variable here) and has a couple very coral reds, but the lightest it goes is ivory.

If you can take cream or compromise with let' s say ivory instead of true white, you should be fine.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae I missed your post, what's up with that?
    Oh?

BTS:
    Suga- Dark Winter
    J-Hope- Dark Autumn
    Jungkook- True Winter
    Jin- Soft Summer
    RM- Soft Autumn
    Jimin- Bright Spring
    V- Bright Spring

I'll include them on my K-Idols by season posts.
    You included all of them, you read my mind Suga is absolutely dead on as Dark Winter, this is giving me life! He instinctively dresses like that, does he know?

Ahh okay now I know why red is perfect on Jungkook, and Jimin has no issues with yellow. RM - man he rarely wears his colors! Even in KimDaily

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wOe I TAGGED MYSELF

I'm keeping it tho

if that's the creator of the theory then that makes sense. I thought it was made by a random internetter with access to paint. I'll check out those palettes next time I'm on the computer... maybe, if I can remember

Black, white, and denim master race

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm a soft summer (probably of the shaded variety) and I really like my season's color palette.... but I have sometimes wished I was a bright winter, because there are a lot of looks I love that they can pull off that I can't. If such a thing were possible, I'd like to switch between the two depending on my mood.

SOFT SUMMER
    1565786b85e3787614844426faf3b10f--soft-summer-makeup-summer-colors.jpg
    201243b8e51a0f7b51fdbfd8b4bf9972.jpg
    cbf6a6a1bf8c452475006859d664138f--adriana-lima-without-makeup-adriana-lima-makeup.jpg

BRIGHT WINTER
    2c75edc638a9e603dc07beeec3f8e64b--clear-winter-dark-winter.jpg
    82ecb582c899146b5486fdb8229e4734--clear-winter-color-theory.jpg
    0bddbe7e05d143db21502960c7e57ffe--winter-makeup-winter-beauty.jpg

TIM
    IEE-ENFp; ENFP 6w7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,
    I love it so
    I'm a winter, dark or bright winter not exactly sure
    Body shape hourglass (not a pronunced one but still one ahah)
    face shape heart (not a too pronunced heart but still slightly heart)
    Kibbe type either SG or TR, I read the distinction posted on this thread but when comparing with real life TR and SG I feel like TR have a curvier body so I don't know between those two

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rihanna is my favorite summer type.

Best tones on her for me would be:

Don't mind the hair here, look at eyes-eye shadow-fabric-lips-skin tone:

There is a reason why she was declared the empress of the Met gala despite blush overload. So many summer colors!

Stunning
    (I also noticed that she looks happy in her colors )

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Which one looks awful in pastel yellow? Because I do.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Which one looks awful in pastel yellow? Because I do.
    Cool undertone + bright + rather dark season for increased contrast so I would say clear winter. Pastel yellow's opposite color is some intense purple which winters can pull off. If your 4-ness dictates you wanna look deliberately awful & revel in being excluded for ugliness, go for pastels. It works. For that effect I wear horrible bright grey and white (conflicts completely with autumn colors), it drives other people away

If you wanna be left alone, wear the no-go colors. That's also a benefit of season analysis.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae of course he knows, he's Mintradamus ain't he?

Joon loves his black way too much, but at least he likes beiges and camels so it's not always so bad. Thankfully his hair is the perfecy shade of blond most of the time. It compliments his tanned skin beautifully.

Actually I'd say that compared to most celebs, Bangtan ain't so bad in terms of colors. Of course Kookie had to not only be the one with the rarest and most extreme season, but also the one who religiously follows his palette on his own time

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae of course he knows, he's Mintradamus ain't he?

Joon loves his black way too much, but at least he likes beiges and camels so it's not always so bad. Thankfully his hair is the perfecy shade of blond most of the time. It compliments his tanned skin beautifully.

Actually I'd say that compared to most celebs, Bangtan ain't so bad in terms of colors. Of course Kookie had to not only be the one with the rarest and most extreme season, but also the one who religiously follows his palette on his own time
    Mintradamus Giiirrrlll this name matches his type so well. And he's a 5 so I bet he's read about it and won't tell the others

I agree that his blonde is quite convenient, as is Jimin's (!). And oh yes? I suppose that Junkook is enough to understand what combines neatly with him. Even if everyone seems to hate the 100% white tee wardrobe

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast