Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/1uJOsXQ

Seems like I always get Classic Summer, Soft Summer, or Classic Autumn depending where I put the analyzer in my hair. Skin/eye color doesn’t seem to change anything. I tried a few pics in different lighting and it was the same with them all
    It seems a long and complicated journey...
    what I have managed to narrow down by using the analyser and trying on solid colour tee shirts is a set of colours to steer away from. For me that looks like: orange, yellow, cream and coral pink.

Your hair has more tones/variation in colour than mine, so in terms of the seasons that would place you somewhere between "true" and "soft" ?

When the analyser picks up the lighter tones in your hair I'm guessing it sums that up as = "less contrast", so your result moves toward soft summer.

Your skin tone appears on the cooler side to me, in both photos.

To my eye the greens and fuschia purple from the True summer palette suit you really well, as do the left hand side blues. The bolder colours on that wheel (thinking of purple) might overwhelm you, if they were the predominant part of your outfit. That's just my take

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    It seems a long and complicated journey...
    what I have managed to narrow down by using the analyser and trying on solid colour tee shirts is a set of colours to steer away from. For me that looks like: orange, yellow, cream and coral pink.

Your hair has more tones/variation in colour than mine, so in terms of the seasons that would place you somewhere between "true" and "soft" ?

When the analyser picks up the lighter tones in your hair I'm guessing it sums that up as = "less contrast", so your result moves toward soft summer.

Your skin tone appears on the cooler side to me, in both photos.

To my eye the greens and fuschia purple from the True summer palette suit you really well, as do the left hand side blues. The bolder colours on that wheel (thinking of purple) might overwhelm you, if they were the predominant part of your outfit. That's just my take
    Ha, thanks! It definitely is! All hairdressers I go to tell me I have warm skin tones, and they always put warm colors on my hair. That’s probably why the hair is picking up differently, I have gold highlights in my hair and I colored it red last October, and I think it’s still clinging a bit. But my hair is naturally a light golden brown color, or you could even call it dark blonde. My face freckles a lot when I get in the sun, it gets covered in light brown freckles and I get a yellowing color. It’s confusing because I’m pretty pale and can seem cool toned. My foundation is neutral.

before this I thought I could be a soft summer or soft autumn, but idk. People tell me certain colors look good on me and I try to stick with them usually, when I pick out colorful colors (pale yellow, cornflower blue, soft reds). Kinda think black makes me look sick but I wear it a lot anyway because it’s my favorite color to wear anymore lol. I look awful in white imo and it’s ok because it gets stains easily anyway.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎