Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

Hybrid View

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Since I am recently torn between Summer and Autumn and want to disperse doubt entirely, I tried something new today. Maybe you enjoy when I share it.

I took pictures outside so the lighting was good, no direct sun so I hope it worked, no make-up as I usually am. I simply tried on something turquoise that was recommended for autumn. Then my light pink scarf (I made this one myself since I learned to knit Maybe you like it) on top, too see how it goes for summer. I realized the turquoise is more cool hence better to test summer, and the scarf warmer to test autumn - even if I technically borrow from both seasons. OH NO!

While realizing this, I discovered: rather than experimenting with colors I don't fully understand yet, I go in with my photo editing tool! It has a pipette function where I can select any color taken from the photos. So, drawn right from the pixels. I made my own palette with all the colors I could possibly find in myself (with the picture on the left) given that it does reflect me well, and the tone I wear don't entirely manipulate the complexion. I picked out as many colors as possible until I found the same ones again, creating dots to compile it all. The results were surprising, have a look.

What is it in the distance that I look critically at

The palette I made is here:

- first the colors from my skin
    - then all the colors from my hair (it was toned at the bottom earlier this year to a reddish brown, but it faded. Otherwise, never dyed it)
    - colors from my eyes

Colors from

- the lips
    - neck(line)

Now I think that so much earthy green, beige, and brown has to be autumn, ivory > true white, though the method may be flawed. What I know is that there are quite a lot of dark and especially soft colors, nothing bright. I couldn't pull off summer's baby blue. and know from experience that it doesn't match, it overpowers me. At least I know what I can work with now to complement me, needs further investigation. If you lovelies looked at this and had a definite insight outside of my tentative self-perception, "hell no! cool summer! here's why:", give ya girl a sign
    Last edited by Chae; 11-15-2017 at 08:12 PM.