@Playing With Fire
haha maybe, I'm still learning about the theory. I just feel like there's something to be said if the creator of that image couldn't distinguish between two different people since the theory finds its roots in specificity. I feel like she's right that one style looks better, but her reasoning is semi-flawed in my eyes.

I used to be obsessed with facial symmetry and skin tones, but I don't think I ever looked too deep into color palette theory.

I can sort of see myself in your photos of Natalie Portman, especially in the first photo, except my skin tone is more olive and in the wintertime it borders on translucent, pretty much like a white French person. in the summertime it borders on Brazilian. I've always been into black and white, denim jeans, neutral tones, especially earth tones. I didn't shop at Hollister because I was poor as bricks, but I always enjoyed their color palettes. if I couldn't find something affordable at Hollister, then I'd try to find something similar at a second-hand store. Olive green is by far the most flattering color on me, but I think that depends on my hair color and skin tone, and I don't know where that falls on the color palette theory. All I know is that I detest "loud" colors.

I checked out the Instagram accounts, but even if some of their respective color palettes were "flattering" (according to the theory) their outfits were ugly. I guess it's a matter of preference, but I feel like they're applying the theory way too literally and it's making them look like caricatures of high fashion.

I like this Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/peachiyy