Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

There must be something wrong with me because I don't think this is a thing. When I look at those pictures Playing with Fire posted that are supposed to illustrate "good and bad colors" on people, I dont see a difference with the different colors, and in some cases I prefer the "bad" color on them. I prefer Mary-Kate Olsen with red lips and all, it looks way more interesting than that boring, blank picture beside it that is supposed to "look good". The picture with the ginger girl in orange is obviously not going to work because of her hair, but if she had other hair it could work.

A part of this is that I kind of like the anemic/sick look. Then actually this can be helpful, I just need to do the complete opposite of what is recommended.
    Last edited by maniac; 11-04-2017 at 08:39 PM.

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    There must be something wrong with me because I don't think this is a thing. When I look at those pictures Playing with Fire posted that are supposed to illustrate "good and bad colors" on people, I dont see a difference with the different colors, and in some cases I prefer the "bad" color on them. I prefer Mary-Kate Olsen with red lips and all, it looks way more interesting than that boring, blank picture beside it that is supposed to "look good". The picture with the ginger girl in orange is obviously not going to work because of her hair, but if she had other hair it could work.
    There is nothing "wrong" with you, it's kinda like the whole "is this dress white or blue" thing: you just don't have fine color perception. The brain of different people process color uniquely, that's why those memes were such a thing. Some brains discount some colors, others don't.

Color analysis is for people who prize naturality and harmony in terms of look, when you follow your palette there's no conflict because the colors you wear are already present in your body. You personally simply doesn't care for it, which is fine.

I think Mary Kate looks like a total clown with those red lips and black makeup, but then again, this is not what "blank" looks like to me:

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    There is nothing "wrong" with you, it's kinda like the whole "is this dress white or blue" thing: you just don't have fine color perception. The brain of different people process color uniquely, that's why those memes were such a thing. Some brains discount some colors, others don't.

Color analysis is for people who prize naturality and harmony in terms of look, when you follow your palette there's no conflict because the colors you wear are already present in your body. You personally simply doesn't care for it, which is fine.
    People don't "not process color as finely" unless they're colorblind. People who process color normally have a huge variation in what they see. http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/color2.html#individualdiffs The palettes are nice for building a theme but that seems like about it. What colors to wear seems like more of a personality-based preference like playful people choosing true spring and grumpy librarians choosing soft autumn to me. None of the palettes displayed on the computer screen are ever going to match anything you can physically wear due to the light source and that's a fact.

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by entelecheia View Post
    People don't "not process color as finely" unless they're colorblind. People who process color normally have a huge variation in what they see. http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/color2.html#individualdiffs The palettes are nice for building a theme but that seems like about it. What colors to wear seems like more of a personality-based preference like playful people choosing true spring and grumpy librarians choosing soft autumn to me. None of the palettes displayed on the computer screen are ever going to match anything you can physically wear due to the light source and that's a fact.
    The irony here is your complete lack of self awareness. You claim color is nothing but preference, yet everything you said here is based on just that. There is no fact here no matter what your "nobody puts me in a box" mind prefers to believe. If you wanna discredit Munswell then go ahead, come back with scientifically results that prove him wrong. The burden of proof is with you.

But about the bolded, colors os a screen can't match fabric you say? Pantone is shook:

It even matches food lol:

And plants:

Some examples of the collective hallucination called "matching your seasonal color fan to fabric, makeup and acessories":

Oh and take your ugly stereotypes about people's personalities somewhere else while you're at that.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    The irony here is your complete lack of self awareness. You claim color is nothing but preference, yet everything you said here is based on just that. There is no fact here no matter what your "nobody puts me in a box" mind prefers to believe. If you wanna discredit Munswell then go ahead, come back with scientifically results that prove him wrong. The burden of proof is with you.

But about the bolded, colors os a screen can't match fabric you say? Pantone is shook:

It even matches food lol:

And plants:

Some examples of the collective hallucination called "matching your seasonal color fan to fabric, makeup and acessories":

Oh and take your ugly stereotypes about people's personalities somewhere else while you're at that.
    I looked up the theory and it's fine but Chae explained it reeeeally poorly, and it's also still a fact that computer screen colors can't match the colors from clothes and people's complexion to show how it really works. The theory is based on hue, chroma, and value (which are on a scale, so there aren't boxes in it either, just trends) and computer screens have a very limited range there and can't capture subtle nuances that distinguish the really similar-looking colors at all.

I basically just have an issue with the fact that maniac came in here wanting to understand this, and you basically just told her to piss off because she's fundamentally incapable of understanding. She might've been a bit uncivil about it, but wasp also said the same thing more civilly. I know this color theory stuff so I can reference it in real life and learn that way (so I take back the thing about personalities, that has more to do with accents and neutral colors), but people without that foundation are just going to feel sort of locked out and look on this thread like some sort of elitist circlejerk. To be honest, I'm not sure either of you really understand or you'd be able to explain better.
    Last edited by Pallas; 11-06-2017 at 04:50 PM.