Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

Hybrid View

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Flamboyant Gamine can wear just about any type of glasses and make it a signature look, even if it's nowhere near their essence except maybe too much R. Much more room for branching out to other types. Only the second row isn't optimal but the rest... FG allows a lot of experimentation.

^ the blue one from the bottom row looks particularly cool. Quite astounding how he can get away with a goatee as well

Lmao I also love how Chris Evans just sneaked in there.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. Now go join the fashion industry.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Awesome. Now go join the fashion industry.
    Not my type o' branch but if they ask me to pick a fit for Evans and Pratt I'm right there, alas

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After reading over the types and trying to figure out which traits best fit me, I think I'm a Cool Summer type.

I have blue-green eyes, dull ashy medium-brown hair, and my skin undertone is... well I still don't know lol. I can't help but not ignore the fact I only see more yellow than pink, and that my veins appear more green than blue. But the issue is that my lower legs and forearms, the places where my veins show best, are the same places where I have the "yellowest" tannest skin. Everywhere else is up for debate.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Shirin David — Theatrical Romantic

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sophia Thiel — Soft Natural

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a deep winter

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rectified, I compared my pics to colors palettes and think I'm a clear winter now :/
    @Chae, when you're around could you give me a personal consultancy?

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I’ve finally come to terms with being a soft summer. I’ve been building my wardrobe around it....think I wanted to be an autumn... But can still wear some autumn colors
    Last edited by Aster; 05-03-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I think I’ve finally come to terms with being a soft summer. I’ve been building my wardrobe around it....think I wanted to be an autumn... But can still wear some autumn colors
    I have absolutely no idea what any of this means but it sounds sweet

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t care for this subject. It stressed me out and annoys me to no end. I just have a few practical pieces of clothing that I wear until they die. My ex boss’s wife used to buy me clothes and I was so greateful for her. She was SEE and she designed her house in nice colors painted the walls in light blue with pretty carpets and stuff
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-03-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure this stuff is quite Si

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, there is no point in bothering, pretty obvious what she’s doing and why. More passive aggressive BS
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I came home one day and found my SLI then-wife sitting at the kitchen table with a pack of color samples, and remarkably enough, they were all the colors of the clothes that I had ever seen her wear. She was going over them with a clothes catalog in front of her, and I asked her what she was doing.

She said she was a something-summer and those were her colors. She tended towards cool pastels, blues, yellows, tans, etc. I asked her if that was why she refused to wear that red plaid cheerleader outfit I liked, and she said No.

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember my mum asking me if her pants were blue or black to match her jumpers ç__ç and I would never notice the difference like "mum go under the window, ok that's blue... but if you come closer it's black (??)"

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw where is @Chae? : (

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have no interest in drawing people into me and no interest in what others think of me in terms of sizing me up in a group setting or otherwise. All I care about is loving the people I feel warmly drawn to. I can live in a grey shirt a sweater plain any color will do and jobbing pant. No need to look at my hair face my dress no dazzle needed
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I am a cool winter. I mostly wear dark colors like black, dark blue, dark green, and dark purple. I didn't do this on purpose. You can look in your closet to see what colors you wear most and can find out which one you are.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is supposed to be true. I looked into this stuff before, and people unconsciously often select colors that look on them. Hearing a consistent color mentioned as looking good on you helps too of course
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    I think I am a cool winter. I mostly wear dark colors like black, dark blue, dark green, and dark purple. I didn't do this on purpose. You can look in your closet to see what colors you wear most and can find out which one you are.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent some time studying color analysis but struggled to find my season. I eventually realized there isn't one that captures the tonal combination of Cool, Muted, and Deep which I've taken to calling "Dark Summer".

To date, I'm not entirely sure how the system explains this omission as well as the omission of Cool+Clear+Light (Pale Winter?), Warm+Muted+Light (Pale Autumn?), and Warm+Bright+Deep (Dark Spring?).

In practice, I find that I can borrow from parts of Summer, Autumn, and Winter but there are also large swaths of those seasons that look terrible on me. So I'm ultimately not comfortable classifying myself as any one of them.

If anyone knows why these combinations were left out in the metaphorical cold, I'd love to hear about it.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a warm spring

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hm I might actually be cool or clear winter.

I do love wearing brighter gem-like blues and greens pretty often. And black

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love wearing black and unfortunately my stupid ass has a white dog that sheds like crazy.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I love wearing black and unfortunately my stupid ass has a white dog that sheds like crazy.
    Get a white poodle. They don't shed, since they have hair rather than fur.

Downside: You have to give them regular haircuts or they turn into hairballs.

Upside: You can give them outrageous haircuts. But be careful. They are smart enough to know when they look ridiculous.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, yeah poodles are very smart. I think they are fairly chill as well, don't need a ton of activity? Maybe I'm wrong on that. Unfortunately, my dog and I are rather attached to each other which is part of what has kept me in my current living situation longer than I'd like as she loves this house, has a dog door, loves the other people here, etc. etc. Going to get an apartment again soon and having a bit of a dilemma regarding that... I've gone off track in regards to this convo topic though : p

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Get a white poodle. They don't shed, since they have hair rather than fur.

Downside: You have to give them regular haircuts or they turn into hairballs.

Upside: You can give them outrageous haircuts. But be careful. They are smart enough to know when they look ridiculous.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    Lol, yeah poodles are very smart. I think they are fairly chill as well, don't need a ton of activity? Maybe I'm wrong on that. Unfortunately, my dog and I are rather attached to each other which is part of what has kept me in my current living situation longer than I'd like as she loves this house, has a dog door, loves the other people here, etc. etc. Going to get an apartment again soon and having a bit of a dilemma regarding that... I've gone off track in regards to this convo topic though : p
    I don't know how much activity a Poodle needs. He and I would go for walks every day after I got home from school, and we both really enjoyed them, but I don't know if Poodles actually need walks any more than people do.

And yes, he was really smart.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick glance at this, and I'm True/Dark Autumn. Dark brown hair, brown eyes, and yellow-ish skintone.

VK8cb5p.jpg

And looking at my wardrobe, it fits too... My jackets are dark indigo, olive, and dark fuchsia, which are all included here, and the colours of pants I have/used to have are olive, that third orange in the bottom row, and again, dark fuchsia... Lol. I didn't realize I'd fit so exactly in this. The left side of this palette also looks like the makeup palette I use... I guess I just know what looks good on me
    Last edited by voider; 01-06-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Not happy. Maybe grumpy. DropDeadRed's Avatar
    TIM
    1w9 sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did that with a professional, but she didn't go into details (fast group learning), and so I'm skeptic of the results.

She said I was autumn, and maybe, but really not dark autumn, I actually relate more to light spring, and some autumn.

Definitely warm palette, gold is my savior to wear black, and a white shirt + silver makes me look like a corpse.

Orange/coral/peach/ivory for my make-up works fine, brown eyeliner or mascara (blue eyes).

I'm more a rectangle body type, on the X side. Square traits so I should wear rounder glasses.

It was interesting and it's useful knowledge to have. It goes with non verbal communication. It's also nice to look at your advantage (for yourself as well).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting, I hear for the first time

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what season I fall under, but I have warm olive undertones, clear with hint of muted, deep.

THIS WEBSITE is absolutely amazing. I fall under "deep warm", specifically deep warm soft:
    If you suit gold or bronze best, but silver can work as well. Bright orange-red, ivory, chocolate, golden brown, bright peach, golden yellow and forest green are your best colors. In general, vibrant, pure, deep, warm, bold, golden colors are fantastic on you. Black can look quite good on you, but it's not your best color. Your natural coloring is deep, dark, earthy, golden and warm. The color of your eyes and hair, and at least the undertone of your skin, is rich and warm. Some DEEP WARM can flow into DEEP COOL, and wear some DEEP COOL colors. Dusty, cool tones and soft, cool pastels, does not do you justice. Try to keep your look bold and warm, and remember, a true DEEP WARM is earthy with a high contrast level. A typically good look for a DEEP WARM is the classic, stylish, bold, warm and glowing, 70's glam-look.

And this: DEEP WARM soft, (Kristin Kreuk) looks her best in DEEP WARM colors, but needs a little splash of grey in them.

Basically, I look good in deep, rich, intense colors that have a hint of grey in them. That means that a color like bright, intense pink will look a bit off, but if you mute it a tiny bit it looks perfect on me!

As for face shape I have a diamond face shape (widest point is cheek bones, forehead and jaw line up perfectly.. basically, a smaller forehead than a heart shape)
    My body shape is "ruler" or mesomorph. I'm a bit of a mix between ecto and mesomorph. I build visible muscle quite easy which would be nice if I were a guy lmao.
    And I know you didn't ask but my hair type is 1B.
    As you can probably tell, I really like this stuff

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    I'm not sure what season I fall under, but I have warm olive undertones, clear with hint of muted, deep.

THIS WEBSITE is absolutely amazing. I fall under "deep warm", specifically deep warm soft:
    If you suit gold or bronze best, but silver can work as well. Bright orange-red, ivory, chocolate, golden brown, bright peach, golden yellow and forest green are your best colors. In general, vibrant, pure, deep, warm, bold, golden colors are fantastic on you. Black can look quite good on you, but it's not your best color. Your natural coloring is deep, dark, earthy, golden and warm. The color of your eyes and hair, and at least the undertone of your skin, is rich and warm. Some DEEP WARM can flow into DEEP COOL, and wear some DEEP COOL colors. Dusty, cool tones and soft, cool pastels, does not do you justice. Try to keep your look bold and warm, and remember, a true DEEP WARM is earthy with a high contrast level. A typically good look for a DEEP WARM is the classic, stylish, bold, warm and glowing, 70's glam-look.

And this: DEEP WARM soft, (Kristin Kreuk) looks her best in DEEP WARM colors, but needs a little splash of grey in them.

Basically, I look good in deep, rich, intense colors that have a hint of grey in them. That means that a color like bright, intense pink will look a bit off, but if you mute it a tiny bit it looks perfect on me!

As for face shape I have a diamond face shape (widest point is cheek bones, forehead and jaw line up perfectly.. basically, a smaller forehead than a heart shape)
    My body shape is "ruler" or mesomorph. I'm a bit of a mix between ecto and mesomorph. I build visible muscle quite easy which would be nice if I were a guy lmao.
    And I know you didn't ask but my hair type is 1B.
    As you can probably tell, I really like this stuff

Have a look at this IEI I found: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aqVbMTtOa0s

shes so good at explaining these things in depth
    ترفرف كالأجنحة غير المنظورة حول رأسي

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    Have a look at this IEI I found: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aqVbMTtOa0s

shes so good at explaining these things in depth
    will do, thank you

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I downloaded an app called EyesOnHue where it takes a selfie to tell your season. It keeps telling me I’m a spring!! I give up lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I downloaded an app called EyesOnHue where it takes a selfie to tell your season. It keeps telling me I’m a spring!! I give up lol
    HA I actually got autumn even though i've been pretty sure i'm spring. i thought i was autumn in the past. either way, i've been sure of one of the two, probably falling somewhere in between as i'm very fair/light eyes, but dark hair. i think most people fall somewhere in between the seasons. these colors do actually look like colors i look good in, but i definitely also look good in some spring colors (like peach, pinky peach, and some bright colors)

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    HA I actually got autumn even though i've been pretty sure i'm spring. i thought i was autumn in the past. either way, i've been sure of one of the two, probably falling somewhere in between as i'm very fair/light eyes, but dark hair. i think most people fall somewhere in between the seasons. these colors do actually look like colors i look good in, but i definitely also look good in some spring colors (like peach, pinky peach, and some bright colors)
    yeah, I thought I was in between a soft summer and soft autumn myself....I considered spring before, but it makes me wonder if that app can pick up on the difference between clear and muted
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I thought I was in between a soft summer and soft autumn myself....I considered spring before, but it makes me wonder if that app can pick up on the difference between clear and muted
    Yeah, I was pretty rushed doing it too, I'm not sure it picked up my eye color, looked kind of dark lol. My eyes are light, but kind of muddy as opposed to clear. My coloring is really odd. I'm one of those "towheads" who was born blonde and my hair kept getting darker, blonde body hair, but fairly dark head hair (medium brown now). I've also considered soft autumn before. It's confusing too because I'm clearly more warm, but my veins on my underside of wrists have plenty of blue and purple. I might be neutral leaning warm? I don't know man, this isn't science lol, it does work decently well with colors that look good on people though, but not perfectly. I think I look good in black, which should not be the case, should be one of my worst I think

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty rushed doing it too, I'm not sure it picked up my eye color, looked kind of dark lol. My eyes are light, but kind of muddy as opposed to clear. My coloring is really odd. I'm one of those "towheads" who was born blonde and my hair kept getting darker, blonde body hair, but fairly dark head hair (medium brown now). I've also considered soft autumn before. It's confusing too because I'm clearly more warm, but my veins on my underside of wrists have plenty of blue and purple. I might be neutral leaning warm? I don't know man, this isn't science lol, it does work decently well with colors that look good on people though, but not perfectly. I think I look good in black, which should not be the case, should be one of my worst I think
    personally, I think everyone looks good in black.. Sometimes when I look at pictures of people getting draped, I think they look good in certain colors and it says it makes them look drab! So idk lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just wear dark clothing all the time and i'm blonde and blue eyed and very pale i recently shaved my head cuz i had a britney moment and now i kinda look like death from the seventh seal

Like think it twice but never, never learn. Vex's Avatar
    TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk what any of these mean really. I don't like calculators rofl and I hate when people assign me body shapes, but I either get told that I'm a pear or an hourglass by calculators or IRL. I'm most likely an endomorph ;P. Going by these palettes and what the people look like, I'm most likely a winter and I do wear a lot of darker shades, mainly black, gray, and reds.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

Model G: IEI-CNHD
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pirouette View Post
    Idk what any of these mean really. I don't like calculators rofl and I hate when people assign me body shapes, but I either get told that I'm a pear or an hourglass by calculators or IRL. I'm most likely an endomorph ;P. Going by these palettes and what the people look like, I'm most likely a winter and I do wear a lot of darker shades, mainly black, gray, and reds.
    winter is the best palette to be for a goth

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast