Hybrid View

Like think it twice but never, never learn. Vex's Avatar
    TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing I hate about being a soft dramatic is how I can’t wear comfy and “relaxed” clothing without looking so matronly and lazy.

Also I’m probably a deep or true autumn, but that’s not going to stop me from wearing so much black.

Though I had all this stuff figured out before discovering Kibbe, essences, and seasonal color analysis.

I guess that in my eyes, I see all these systems as overcomplicating fashion. But I will admit that it’s cool to know where I fit in systems like this, especially with the personality traits that are usually assigned to types in those systems.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

Model G: IEI-CNHD
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Also I’m probably a deep or true autumn, but that’s not going to stop me from wearing so much black.
    yeah I’ve slowly been moving towards just wearing all black everyday for the last couple of years. I was just thinking, I’m only buying black clothes from now on. Black is the best color! Even if it ‘supposedly’ isn’t my color! lol

Though I had all this stuff figured out before discovering Kibbe, essences, and seasonal color analysis.

I guess that in my eyes, I see all these systems as overcomplicating fashion. But I will admit that it’s cool to know where I fit in systems like this, especially with the personality traits that are usually assigned .
    same here. I felt like I got a lot of this stuff already without having a name for it. But it’s fun!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miiiiiiight be a classic second in kitcheners system, I tend to gravitate to cleaner or polished pretty designs (in clothing and jewelry). Prooooobably Romantic first. I did this thing where I pulled up pictures of clothing jewelry etc. next to a pic of my face which I thought reasonably accurately represented my irl appearance (cameras distort appearance a lot too) and those are designs I gravitated most to. Seemed like ‘polished mature yin’ (romantic and classic) might jibe best with my appearance, and secondarily the young/innocent/playful/whimsical touches from the ingenue and gamine. I did not like the excessively ingenuish designs next to my face, or sort of cheaper material like a children’s beaded jewelry next to my face either even though it’s playful. I felt a need to simplify somewhat excessively ornate designs but all in all probably Romantic first so I still like them but yeah. Something like this seemed better than say something like this or like this. I personally tended to gravitate to ethereal essence in the texture and coloring not the overall silhouette but it’s possible it might be because I am a soft/blended coloring. Soft summer might be the closest approximation in the regular color system
    Last edited by necrosebud; 12-08-2023 at 01:54 PM.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this dress on Pinterest I really like. I’d wear it if I had somewhere to wear it to. I guess I could make a reason lol. But I think it really matches up with my essences, too.

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kibbe's dreamspinner is probably the closest I have read something come to describing my physical "essence"

R: Magnetic essence. Dreamspinner.
    "Your inner essence is magnetic, charming, and totally enchanting"
    "gracious, beautiful, and filled with sweet radiance"
    "Artistic, charming, and diplomatic"
    "coaxing, coercing, and diplomatic charm"
    "enchanting, magnetic, inspiring"

it's not 100% or perfect as there might be more going on but I find his ideas more practically helpful and less nebulous (than say Kitchener's essences). I don't think I have ever seen myself objectively to be completely honest and coming across Kibbe sort of surprised me.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watching myself on video - overwhelming classic influence vibes, also aligns with 4w5

also natural, but I kind of just look depressed with that essence influence on me (?)

but I get it, I don't tend to do make-up or go for a very polished or high maintenance look so natural will peek through. It's something that is organic or comfortable to me I guess. But also, I mean I have been told I have a calming influence, and I do look relaxed or casual etc. so I may have that essence. I also have asymmetrical features, soft square face and so on. https://ourfashiongarden.com/the-nat...omplete-guide/

Naturals don't look depressed in their element tho, the opposite

Ingenue is relatively hidden, Romantic less hidden.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may need to tentatively settle on romantic classic ingenue gamine

romantic from the lush rounded and full characteristics in both my face and body
    classic (?) I’m not sure, but AI recommended it multiple times and I tend to gravitate to RC as well it doesn’t feel off. My facial features are not excessively lush even tho my body might be
    ingenue from smallness and roundness and also personality
    gamine from my square shaped face mostly, sharp Cupid’s bow too

might be a touch of natural due to “irregular” or asymmetrical features but I should prob figure out how to put my more dominant essences into action first

i wonder if this necklace might be a good example of this essence blend: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1549405158/
    Last edited by necrosebud; 12-12-2023 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    I may need to tentatively settle on romantic classic ingenue gamine

romantic from the lush rounded and full characteristics in both my face and body
    classic (?) I’m not sure, but AI recommended it multiple times and I tend to gravitate to RC as well it doesn’t feel off. My facial features are not excessively lush even tho my body might be
    ingenue from smallness and roundness and also personality
    gamine from my square shaped face mostly, sharp Cupid’s bow too

might be a touch of natural due to “irregular” or asymmetrical features but I should prob figure out how to put my more dominant essences into action first

i wonder if this necklace might be a good example of this essence blend: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1549405158/
    Have you tried uploading your photos and have ai type you?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    Have you tried uploading your photos and have ai type you?
    Yes but it misses things humans might pick up on (I also had people type me online) and I generally photograph terribly (exaggerates sharper features and undermines softer ones) makes me look wide and flattened out.

still, I thought there might be something helpful so I did ask ChatGPT. However, recently, it refuses to do so because of policy change or something

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I thought there might be something helpful so I did ask ChatGPT
    There is one possibility with photos and Yandex pics search.
    It seem takes into account mimics (face nonverbal behavior), besides static traits. Arises a chance to see people with same or close types as you. Then you may suppose types of those people to understand better own type.

I generally photograph terribly (exaggerates sharper features and undermines softer ones) makes me look wide and flattened out.
    Sounds like a lens/angle issue. I once came across a post somewhere that showed how different a person can look through each type (diameter?) of lens. Can you ask someone who has good gear to photograph you, maybe using various lenses? I'm putting this on my vision board fwiw U.U *me manifesting a si-sli*

Now that I think about it, people are instructed to type themselves using photos taken with the camera at chest level, but maybe lens and other kind of specifications could help as well. Maybe AI can already make such "corrections"? Anyway, you sound pretty settled on type, kewl ×!×

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a lens/angle issue. I once came across a post somewhere that showed how different a person can look through each type (diameter?) of lens. Can you ask someone who has good gear to photograph you, maybe using various lenses? I'm putting this on my vision board fwiw U.U *me manifesting a si-sli*

Now that I think about it, people are instructed to type themselves using photos taken with the camera at chest level, but maybe lens and other kind of specifications could help as well. Maybe AI can already make such "corrections"? Anyway, you sound pretty settled on type, kewl ×!×
    I don’t know maybe I have just noticed I look diff than irl if photographed even professionally and from different angles because I have very softened features I guess; 2D feels like it flattens and widens me in general. I read somewhere photos exaggerate angular features and do not really capture softened features well; a cube might be more ‘accurately represented’ than a sphere. I have been using professionally photographed pictures too with AI. Plus I think chatGPT makes obvious mistakes sometimes (got my face shape completely wrong) so not 100% sure it’s seeing things objectively lol
    Last edited by necrosebud; 12-12-2023 at 10:01 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Now that I think about it, people are instructed to type themselves using photos taken with the camera at chest level, but maybe lens and other kind of specifications could help as well.
    To identify types is used nonverbal behavior. From visual quality part are needed good light to see nonverbal data, common settings for closely situated camera and acceptable resolution. Other is not significant.
    As about photos, - except physiognomistic heretics, the majority prefers to use videos and not photos.

"makes me look wide"

The common problem with close distance is barrel distortion. The camera should be situated farther, be used other camera settings (reduced angle by optical zoom, lenses for close distance, macro/selfie modes) or be fixed then by a software. People should read manuals.

> you sound pretty settled on type

She mistakes in it for years, despite knowing alot against it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://imgur.com/a/FjgFPcL

jewelry and bag I recently bought

I also wonder if I may have some of Olga's Rose Ethereal

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This crop top created by Dall-E I would 100% try I like it so much but I literally cannot find something similar anywhere

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to have had a thing for Disney Princess influenced aesthetics from when I was quite young

my furniture I still have in my room which I picked around the age of 14 is this, bigger bed and not the desk:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/IZ4AA...G/s-l1200.webp

better pictures here diff color
    https://www.roomstogo.com/furniture/...droom/3601992P

and I still love it

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have thought this and overthought this lol

but I think my instinct initially might have been correct? Romantic Ingenue Natural. I don’t think I’m particularly intimidating/mysterious and suspect I come across as “approachable/calm” if I’m not intentionally being reclusive and avoiding people. Also seem to get treated a bit younger than my age sometimes and maternal/paternal “sweetheart” etc (which I understand might be common in general too but) I do get the sense I might have that ingenue piece. Romantic is probably the first piece but essence Romantic is a lot more glamorous and mature and my vibe is definitely softened more towards endearing due to ingenue influence and relaxed/approachable due to natural influence. I may have a dash of gamine because literally everyone saw it on a post I made online. So RING (heh) perhaps although I wouldn’t know what that might look like

I don’t jive with all of TIB’s recs for RNI but it might be in the right direction regardless. I do prefer understated and not high maintenance looks if it is for the reason of some physical essence or it’s just me (or both) idk but at least seems potentially sustainable
    “sweet and sexy and always comfortable” is doable probably and might not look that off

ingenue makes R seem like a younger R, and N makes it less polished so like an “undone romantic”? Kind of my own phrasing rn

that’s being said it was easy for me to relate to ALL RI blends on TIB’s website and I recognize elements of other types too aside from N and G. And maybe more that this essence system does not capture.

TIM
    INTx 5w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm an autumn, but I mostly wear black and white which are apparently winter colours, and I think they look pretty good on me. Sometimes I'll wear off-white or dusty rose if I'm feeling colourful . I'm too dark for Spring or Summer, but I have had a bit of a tricky time figuring out whether I'm warm or cool toned. I honestly think I look more warm toned generally, but I think silver jewellery looks a lot better on me. I don't like the way the gold just blends into my skin. Silver makes me feel and look like an elf princess or something and I just love that. My hair is dark brown, my eyes are hazel, and my skin is fair with a slight olive undertone.

I have disproportionately large boobs so apparently I'm a 'top hourglass' body shape and I am a soft classic according to a DIY Kibbe test I just took (https://ourfashiongarden.com/kibbe-body-type-quiz/). As for my style essence, I am equal amount classic and angelic (5 points for each) with a bit of ingenue (4 points), according to another DIY test I took (https://ourfashiongarden.com/what-is...-essence-quiz/). I feel like that quiz may not be the best for me however as I have a strange sense of fashion and for some questions none of the options were that appealing to me. But I think I do relate a lot to the angelic style and somewhat the ingenue.

This stuff is pretty fun but I just know I am definitely wrong about something.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by endlessfloating View Post
    I think I'm an autumn, but I mostly wear black and white which are apparently winter colours, and I think they look pretty good on me. Sometimes I'll wear off-white or dusty rose if I'm feeling colourful . I'm too dark for Spring or Summer, but I have had a bit of a tricky time figuring out whether I'm warm or cool toned. I honestly think I look more warm toned generally, but I think silver jewellery looks a lot better on me. I don't like the way the gold just blends into my skin. Silver makes me feel and look like an elf princess or something and I just love that. My hair is dark brown, my eyes are hazel, and my skin is fair with a slight olive undertone.

I have disproportionately large boobs so apparently I'm a 'top hourglass' body shape and I am a soft classic according to a DIY Kibbe test I just took (https://ourfashiongarden.com/kibbe-body-type-quiz/). As for my style essence, I am equal amount classic and angelic (5 points for each) with a bit of ingenue (4 points), according to another DIY test I took (https://ourfashiongarden.com/what-is...-essence-quiz/). I feel like that quiz may not be the best for me however as I have a strange sense of fashion and for some questions none of the options were that appealing to me. But I think I do relate a lot to the angelic style and somewhat the ingenue.

This stuff is pretty fun but I just know I am definitely wrong about something.
    Hi! You're probably not autumn, honestly. I'm a deep autumn and the last things I'd wear is off-white/dusty rose/silver jewelry haha. I also avoid black and white, it doesn't look horrible, but it's not great either. If silver looks that good on you, you're definitely cool-toned.
    Personally, I lean warm and I'm fine with gold, but deep autumn is a bit on the border of cool vs warm (it's next to deep winter which is the same except for it being cool), and accordingly, the more neutral rose gold looks better on me than gold

TIM
    INTx 5w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    Hi! You're probably not autumn, honestly. I'm a deep autumn and the last things I'd wear is off-white/dusty rose/silver jewelry haha. I also avoid black and white, it doesn't look horrible, but it's not great either. If silver looks that good on you, you're definitely cool-toned.
    Personally, I lean warm and I'm fine with gold, but deep autumn is a bit on the border of cool vs warm (it's next to deep winter which is the same except for it being cool), and accordingly, the more neutral rose gold looks better on me than gold
    Thanks a lot for the response, as for the silver vs gold thing, I would look up posts online where people are comparing gold vs silver jewellery on their skin, and people who seemed to actually know the theory would prefer the gold on their skin, saying that it blends in more and it makes it look like they are wearing the gold rather than 'the silver wearing them'. And I suppose, going by that logic, I myself would be warm toned, since gold blends into my skin much better. But I think that's boring, I prefer the way the silver pops, so that might just be a more stylistic thing than what actually looks better according to the theory. I also have a preference for silver over gold generally, so I could be blinded by that.

Perhaps you're right, maybe I am cool toned. I think the only way I'll get an answer is it I were to just go to a professional.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by endlessfloating View Post
    Thanks a lot for the response, as for the silver vs gold thing, I would look up posts online where people are comparing gold vs silver jewellery on their skin, and people who seemed to actually know the theory would prefer the gold on their skin, saying that it blends in more and it makes it look like they are wearing the gold rather than 'the silver wearing them'. And I suppose, going by that logic, I myself would be warm toned, since gold blends into my skin much better. But I think that's boring, I prefer the way the silver pops, so that might just be a more stylistic thing than what actually looks better according to the theory. I also have a preference for silver over gold generally, so I could be blinded by that.

Perhaps you're right, maybe I am cool toned. I think the only way I'll get an answer is it I were to just go to a professional.
    I see!
    Gold also blend a lot into my skin, almost literally lol. Sometimes I try and wear my roommate's silver cause it pops out more but it just clashes so bad
    My favorite favorite is rose gold but I'm still on the fence about it for other reasons, I don't feel it's as classic as gold.. sigh

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this one is from Claude. I asked for descriptors (like the ones in Truth is Beauty website) for this style essence mix (which I suspect might be mine) and so anyways, in case this is helpful to anyone else -
    Here are some shorter phrases to describe a romantic-natural-gamine-ingenue essence mix:

1. Whimsical Charmer
    2. Playful Dreamer
    3. Mischievous Sweetheart
    4. Enchanting Pixie
    5. Innocent Temptress
    6. Naturally Beguiling
    7. Coy Cutie
    8. Spontaneous Darling
    9. Endearing Sprite
    10. Artless Allure
    11. Guileless Flirt
    12. Impish Ingenue
    13. Wide-eyed Romantic
    14. Captivating Naif
    15. Effortless Enchantress

Someone with a romantic-natural-gamine-ingenue essence mix can explore various styles that capture their unique blend of qualities. Here are some clothing suggestions that could work well:

1. Flowy, romantic dresses in soft, natural fabrics like cotton or linen
    2. Delicate, lacy blouses paired with jeans or a playful skirt
    3. Soft, oversized sweaters with leggings or fitted pants
    4. Pinafore dresses layered over a simple top for a youthful, gamine look
    5. High-waisted, A-line skirts with tucked-in, feminine blouses
    6. Playful, printed sundresses with whimsical details like ruffles or bows
    7. Overalls or dungarees with a cute, fitted top underneath
    8. Babydoll dresses or tops that emphasize a youthful, innocent aesthetic
    9. Cropped, fitted cardigans over dresses or paired with high-waisted bottoms
    10. Balloon-sleeved blouses or dresses for a romantic, dreamy touch
    11. Soft, pastel-colored clothing that enhances a sweet, innocent vibe
    12. Delicate, strappy sandals or ballet flats for a feminine, natural look
    13. Vintage-inspired pieces with a romantic, whimsical flair
    14. Simple, unstructured dresses that flow and move with the body
    15. Eyelet lace or embroidered details on clothing for a touch of romance

Accessories could include:

1. Dainty, delicate jewelry like small pendant necklaces or stud earrings
    2. Floral or bow-adorned headbands for a sweet, youthful touch
    3. Soft, slouchy bags in natural materials like cotton or woven straw
    4. Simple, understated hair accessories like small hair clips or ribbons
    5. Sheer, lightweight scarves in soft colors or floral prints

The key is to choose clothing and accessories that feel natural, innocent, playful, and romantically feminine, all while maintaining a sense of effortlessness and authenticity.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which pendants would you prefer on me? Trying on something new: https://imgur.com/a/ZP5ICGV

and how would you wear the brooches? Never worn any before so curious

I am RNI for context, maybe a touch of classic. Probably a touch of everything honestly haha

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest every time i try to do this test it makes me mad with how exacting it is about things i can't perceive. i might just not have the sensory awareness for it? i just see people as people and clothes as the things people like to wear. lol i want to care about it because i love typology systems, but damn, this is just not for me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg, wait! I have something to share in the girly thread! (for the first time ever, lol)

This woman is a genius:

She figured out there are 16 personal color types, not 12 (which, for people like me who could never figure out their type before, has made such a huge difference)

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    I got into this stuff maybe about 5 years ago. It actually helped me quite a bit. I keep a lot of it in mind when I'm shopping. I used to think I had cool skin tone because I'm very pale, but I can't wear black without looking like the living dead. Once I was at school and had a black turtle neck on and a substitute teacher wanted me to go to the clinic because she said I looked extremely pale, and one of my friends was like, she always looks like that

Anyway, I've had difficulty placing myself in this theory because I'm so pale and I think a warm, but I think I can wear some cool colors. So this makes me thing I'm possibly a soft autumn with some soft summer.

I think, what I once read, that helps a lot, is to take note of the colors that people compliment you in the most. I get it the most in Terra Cotta, light lavender with an oatmeal color.

But I think I'm terrible at this, because when I see the women doing the drapes, I always guess what looks best on them different than the 'experts'. Haha.

I'm still working on finding the right lipstick color after all these years.

I'm not a professional, but indeed this is most characteristic of the Soft Seasons. It can be difficult deciding when you're very neutral, have you tried testing this tie breaker method? Red is the more reactive color of all (it took me forever to find my correct red too) so try these colors:

One article that help me decide what Winter was better before getting professionally draped was this Seasonal Deal Breakers:

https://www.truth-is-beauty.com/blog...-deal-breakers

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres a pic of me completely sans makeup and natural hair color to show what I'm working with here:

Please don't quote pic. Not keeping this up long.

I kind of think soft autumn but I might be biased because I like soft autumn colors more. Also, one thing that I see as problematic about soft autumn is I think I'm not as 'goldish' looking as some of them. But I think I look better in gold than in silver.
    Rather soft summer than soft autumn. Your skin is pinkish.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Rather soft summer than soft autumn. Your skin is pinkish.
    Actually you can't tell if a person is cooler or warmer based on overtone, specially if they're neutral. It's the undertone that matters, and we can't see it, only how colors react to it. But she is indeed a Summer based on this pic.

@reverie

I found the color very easily, would you prefer if I post the pics here (not yours), or should I PM you a side by side comparison?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    Actually you can't tell if a person is cooler or warmer based on overtone, specially if they're neutral. It's the undertone that matters, and we can't see it, only how colors react to it. But she is indeed a Summer based on this pic.

@reverie

I found the color very easily, would you prefer if I post the pics here (not yours), or should I PM you a side by side comparison?
    I know. But autumn is rather warm even if it's neutral....and she would look awful in that lilac/mauve if she was indeed autumn, even soft. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo...

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I know. But autumn is rather warm even if it's neutral....and she would look awful in that lilac/mauve if she was indeed autumn, even soft. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo...
    No, she wouldn't necessarily look worse, she could pull it off just fine in theory. The amount of heat on a person's skin is not necessarily the same of others in the same season, many people lean one way or another, is rare that someone fits right in the middle of what's expected. That's why not all colors of your palette will necessarily look great on you, some might be just ok, or even a no-no.

A Soft Autumn would look terrible in a True Summer mauve, but a Soft Summer mauve? Only if they are really close to Warm Autumn, which she clearly isn't.

And there's no reason for attitude.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@reverie

Since you like autumn warmth, you could use a cooler version of the moss green, and recreate the vibe:

Lipstick colors:

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    Actually you can't tell if a person is cooler or warmer based on overtone, specially if they're neutral. It's the undertone that matters, and we can't see it, only how colors react to it. But she is indeed a Summer based on this pic. Also, veins on face.

@reverie

You can see undertone, for example, looking at veins. Blueish veins- cool undertone, green- warm undertone, if you cant tell or you have both- neutral. We can see veins like through filter, which is warmer or cooler skin.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    You can see undertone, for example, looking at veins. Blueish veins- cool undertone, green- warm undertone, if you cant tell or you have both- neutral. We can see veins like through filter, which is warmer or cooler skin.
    This thread is about Sci-Art, which is scientific, based on the Munsell system. The vein test and also the gold vs silver jewelry trick, that's anything but. My veins are quite purple even in the summer for example, but I'm neutral. And gold generally looks better on me even though I'm a winter.

The undertone is this:

You can't see them by looking at your skin, if you see yellow for example (my case), that's the overtone. Sometimes they coincide (True seasons), but in neutral seasons they never do.

@Velvet

"Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    This doesn't really work sometimes I noticed, it all comes down to draping it seems? I was deluded with this as well as my veins seem cold-toned. Checked indoors and outdoors! But when I throw on some light blue I look like an angry ugly surgeon You see the color first not me, and I don't feel well in it. Also because I'm soft > bright. A strong eggplant - worse. Those veins don't mean a thing. Beige and olive on the other hand, boom! Queen Chae... haz árriv'd. You won't believe it, I look A+ in military clothing Tried on army pants somewhere and they were perfect, but too short. So I will try to get my hands on some of these elsewhere, also fits the pear shape I see:

Matching shoes: combines well with mustard there imo.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@maniac

That dark green does look good against your skin. So this is not your natural hair color? Or are you talking about the way it looks in the pic? I feel like you are an autumn but I suck at this. I thought you pulled off that red really well in your last post, too.
    I have about 10 centimeters of my natural hair color, and the rest isn't. But I guess theres not a huge difference anymore.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    @Chae. I'm 5'3". Is that too short to be Romantic?
    Not at all! Romantic is 5'5-5'4 average and especially all heights below since it's the shortest type next to Gamine. So it fits perfectly The line of the dramatic type is the largest, and Romantic is at the opposite of the spectrum.

Here is the physical comparison. One mistake in there, Beyoncé is also Romantic, not Flamboyant Gamine. Tina Turner would've been a better choice.
    Romantic is curvy, Gamine has a straighter body like a Dramatic just shorter.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    !

That Jason Momao has such awesome style.
    Yes! He does everything right. Elongated broad frame, elongated broad fashion, he understood it. There is no point in trying to model one's body to another standard. It's about working with what you have which is already flawless and ready to be molded into a super-personal style. Jason knows that and is courageous enough to do it. Handsome guy

Beyond the fashion I also like the tattoo on his left arm, you see that?

Flamboyant Natural does well with anything that's between tribal and geometric. Many people can spoil their look with the false type of tattoos. Like Andy Biersack has many small rounded details all over him that are at odds with his long, lean body. Gladly he's just like Jason and hardly dresses in the wrong lines so it evens out.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    @aster you might be warm and delicate (video up above)

you only posted two seasons but in those two autumn looks better on you
    relatively speaking summer makes you look greyed out to me...
    ...and that’s all the Si I can muster lol.

autumn is not “it” though; some of those colors are perhaps a little too bright...or little too something. You may be some kind of warm though.
    Thank you

yeah I’m not really feeling autumn or summer on those either. I also got true spring a few times. Never winter though, so maybe that says something...
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.truth-is-beauty.com/9792...next-door.html
    this one is my "type" I guess? I don't know.

Perhaps I should try at least a couple of them lol
    lucky! shopping must be easy for you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never worn them though
    Honestly I have gravitated more towards the girlish outfits in the second link (edited post) my whole life

idk if im ingenue by appearance though, but by vibe/personality I would say yes.

im confused by the way she is organizing these. I am soft natural in kibbe but she "romantic natural" is the closest she has to that.
    the idea is that kibbe is an incomplete system that doesnt account for variance in female aesthetics, leaving out ingenue and ethereal is akin to leaving out dramatic and gamine w/ kibbe. thats why you cant translate the types directly, you'd need all seven! here's a link that explains everything

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast