Thread: Duality, make it work

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Duality, make it work

I been thing about this fenomen. I think it is not that your dual is bombarding you with their lead but raigher give you their suggestive element. One which you are fluent with and can deal with. That way you are not drowning in all the information they are dealing with as opposite to them giving you their lead. For any of you trying to make duality work!

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I think within every bit of Te there is an implied bit of Fi and vice versa, such that when duals are communicating they're using their strong function to "find" that bit within the main body of information their dual is communicating and then they sharpen that bit up, and in doing so they convey a very high res picture of their own strong function, which in turn is subject to the same analysis by the dual, which in turn refines the implied bit of Te in the Fi and so on and so forth. This is considered pleasant and informative because it allows each party their own territory according to their own preference and yet maintains its productivity. no one is "shut out" and no one "battles" over "right" rather they mutually perceive what the other needs and wants and provide it for them, which in doing so is its own self esteem boost, because everyone wants to feel useful

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A big part of the dual chemistry is that all functions are matched. So the base-suggestive is just one thing.

Duals can easily move in different activities and also using weak functions and going outside the comfort zone
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    A big part of the dual chemistry is that all functions are matched. So the base-suggestive is just one thing.

Duals can easily move in different activities and also using weak functions and going outside the comfort zone
    Ya. But if your dual stay on their strong side of dimension than it will reject, you create this polarity.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the idea is that if two people see things they like in each other, then they get into a relationship. Quite simply no effort needed. If they aren't idiots about it, then maybe they'll continue on their relationship to marriage. This is absolutely contrary to what my psychology teacher told me should happen though. She was a marriage councilor, and a doctorate of psychology.

The issue is that logically, if someone is of the few that go on to turn into a love relationship, these are duals. If not, then whoops, semi-duals or something. Takes all the analysis in why it fell apart or didn't fall apart and throws it to the wolves. Replace duals with match, semi-duals with not a match, so on and so forth.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    I think it is not that your dual is bombarding you with their lead but raigher give you their suggestive element.
    Dual has leading function the most in his consciousness and hence "bombards" you indeed. The more interest he has to you, the more you'll get it. And the more he perceives you as a friend the more he'll expect your care, support and acceptance of him in superid region.
    Duality effects are more felt in close friendship and romantic love.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This week has been crazy busy for me both personally and professionally, and it won't stop any time soon.

I talked to the SEI secretary at work to rearrange some meetings and complained to her that I have too much to do. She said I'm overbooked and I need to schedule better. I said, "No, I need an extra set of hands in my personal life. Someone who can do stuff. Someone who can just go out and buy stuff that needs to be purchased and is responsible about spending." She said she'd be happy to consider doing that if her present job doesn't work out. I said, No no no, she is like oxygen to the company.

That convo took a wrong turn. I don't know why I can't keep my mouth shut around SEI's.

A week or so ago, I was talking to this 33-yo ESI guy whom I accidentally shared a table with at lunch who isn't happy in his work. He said he thought his ideal job would be to be a Personal Buyer to some rich guy. He said he'd like to be someone who would just go out and find things to buy. He'd charge less per hour than the rich guy makes, so it would be a win-win for both of them. But he had no idea how to find a rich guy, who needed stuff to buy and didn't have time to buy it himself.

Now I'm wondering if a lot of ESI's think this way? Because if so, it would be great for ESI-LIE duality. I think this would be a meshing of Ni and Se. "What to buy" coupled to "where to find it."

God, I can see how this would be seen as a caricature of the ESI-LIE relationship. The LIE earns money and the ESI shops. But you know, it makes perfect sense to me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I give love. I give the world the model of moral ideal. Do I expect ESTj to be the only one to pick it up? No. I give it to random people. Recently an ESTj said “I don’t believe that I matter most days” I told him “I often think of you but I don’t say it because I hold a lot in, but you are in my thoughts.” I am there, present and through the internet it’s hard to gage that from an introvert unless they say it. Extroverts always day it better while the introvert take ma it in

IEE are so much better at the delivery of words that express Fi than myself who holds my feelings inside of me. My IEE friend told him “ you should you are a special person. ������ you have blessed many people including me with your friendship.”
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html