Thread: Random people of certain types you met recently or earlier

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The probability of E type (SLE, for example) is higher. LSI on 1st meetings by role Fi express softness (in case there was no alcohol) and are not sincere to tell about own feelings so quickly. Base T types prefer to talk about feelings to closer people. Also extraverts like shyness, not introverts.

> and also kept setting me challenges to keep eye contact for at least five seconds because he pointed out that I tend to avert my eyes

also I types are shy, including LSIs. he'd expected to hide own eyes on 1st dates, instead of challenges
    Yes I figured either LSI or SLE. He seemed less expansive than SLEs I've known / seen videos of, which is why I went for LSI. He also seemed sort of controlled but that might just be S-type / being more comfortable in his body than I'm used to since I'm sort of awkward in mine. He had a lot of stillness. I took it for IJ.

But you are right about the shyness thing - he seemed to thrive more and get more excited the shier I was, which led him to take control of the conversation whereas it was fairly equal at the beginning. The more I stepped back, the harder he pushed forward (and, consequently, the harder he pushed the more I recoiled, which then excited him further).
    @Adam Strange, thank you!!
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    Yes I figured either LSI or SLE. He seemed less expansive than SLEs I've known / seen videos of, which is why I went for LSI. He also seemed sort of controlled but that might just be S-type / being more comfortable in his body than I'm used to since I'm sort of awkward in mine. He had a lot of stillness. I took it for IJ.

But you are right about the shyness thing - he seemed to thrive more and get more excited the shier I was, which led him to take control of the conversation whereas it was fairly equal at the beginning. The more I stepped back, the harder he pushed forward (and, consequently, the harder he pushed the more I recoiled, which then excited him further).
    @Adam Strange, thank you!!
    @mrrrmaid, you are very welcome.

SLE's seem to have a reputation on socionics sites for being pushy, overbearing jerks with tattoos on their faces who don't know when to stop getting into your space. In my experience, I only know one SLE like that (and he doesn't have any tattoos). All the rest are normal, fun, thinking guys who care a lot about the people close to them and who are often found standing at the edge of a crowd, observing and drinking in the energy and not making a fuss. They actively try to act like heroic gentlemen, because they respect those values.

It is only when you observe them for a while that you realize they are making small pushes for personal space when the opportunities arise.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @mrrrmaid, you are very welcome.

SLE's seem to have a reputation on socionics sites for being pushy, overbearing jerks with tattoos on their faces who don't know when to stop getting into your space. In my experience, I only know one SLE like that (and he doesn't have any tattoos). All the rest are normal, fun, thinking guys who care a lot about the people close to them and who are often found standing at the edge of a crowd, observing and drinking in the energy and not making a fuss. They actively try to act like heroic gentlemen, because they respect those values.

It is only when you observe them for a while that you realize they are making small pushes for personal space when the opportunities arise.
    See it's interesting - I actually think of SLE as like Jason Momoa or Chris Hemsworth. Both genuinely lovely but with huge movements (even bigger than their giant bodies need). And cheekily pushing boundaries where they can. I guess more like excited bull terrier than asshole criminal. So when this guy was quite still and contained I thought LSI since he didn't seem to have fluidity in his movements. BUT I also only know 1 SLE in real life and no LSIs (the only exception being @Karatos, who has kindly and patiently entertained my socionics noob questions over discord) so maybe when I have examples that aren't celebrities in chat shows I'll see the difference more.

I really like your description of them not making a fuss and being heroic gentlemen though. They sound great
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher