0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 25.00%

0 0%

1 25.00%

1 25.00%

1 25.00%

Thread: Typing using Reinin Dichotomies - How would you rate this methodology?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Exception View Post
    I'm not sure how valid all of the Reinin Dichotomies are, but I find the static/dynamic one very useful. Static and dynamic perceive reality quite differently. Static sees things as basically unchanging and when they do change, it's a sudden jump. Static thinks more in snapshots while dynamic constantly tracks all of the subtle changes and thinks more in terms of a video- constant motion.

A good static/dynamic exercise we did in a socionics workshop is to close your eyes and picture a meadow. Static sees it more as a snapshot, little to no motion. Dynamic see more motion, perhaps the grass blowing, a butterfly flying, etc.

The writing styles of static/dynamic are different too. Static tends to use shorter sentences, more dashes, pauses. Dynamic is more smooth flowing but too a static can seem like a big long run-on sentence. As a static type myself, I find myself having to strain myself at times to fully absorb highly dynamic writing.

The mental and vital rings in model A directly relate to the static/dynamic dichotomy. The mental ring is what you are more conscious of, mentally thinking about. It includes functions 1-4. The vital ring is more just doing it, more subconscious. It includes functions 5-8.

As it turns out, static types have all of the static functions (Se, Ne, Ti, Fi) in their mental ring and all of the dynamic functions (Te, Fe, Ni, Si) in their vital ring. It's exactly the reverse for dynamic types. Static and dynamic types are truly aware of very different things as a result.
    How very interesting; where was this workshop?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    How very interesting; where was this workshop?
    There is a local socionics interest group where I live (Minneapolis). I co-organize the group and we hold monthly meetups.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP