What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    To me, Reverie seems as EII as they come. Just look at her avatar pic. Delta Autumn. She always looks poised and proper and composed. Delta all day long.
    Did you watch her video? To me it was a clear case: ESI.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Did you watch her video? To me it was a clear case: ESI.
    Can you provide a link to the video?
    Thanks.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you provide a link to the video?
    Thanks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2yAIclWTHc
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Thanks. Yes, I have seen this. @reverie looks like and has the mannerisms of the EII secretary I've been working with and taking to lunch for the past seven years (and she has repeatedly tested as an EII). If they are ESI, then something is seriously wrong with one of us, because the vibe I get from EII's is that they are impressively down-to-earth, thoughtful, helpful, wonder people, but there is no romantic "spark" there, as I find there to be with ESI's. The attraction (or appreciation, really) I have for EII's is all intellectual.*

Of course, this is all based on my subjective feelings, and not at all based on socionics definitions. However, I'll bet that if you pressed reverie with socionics questions designed to distinguish between ESI and EII, she'd be EII.

Maybe I can return to this discussions with some of those questions when I have more time.

Truthfully, though, how many times have you seen duals be unable to recognize each other's types because their biases are so high? ("You could never be my dual!") I think I've seen this a lot. I've even experienced it. Lol.

*while the attraction I have for my other "semi-duals", the Mirage LSI's, is all sexual. I won't go into this at any greater length, but it might be an interesting topic for another thread.
    ESI's are somewhere in the middle. Thank goodness.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

*while the attraction I have for my other "semi-duals", the Mirage LSI's, is all sexual. I won't go into this at any greater length, but it might be an interesting topic for another thread.
    ESI's are somewhere in the middle. Thank goodness.
    Good idea for a thread lol, types of attractions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the vibe I get from EII's is that they are impressively down-to-earth
    down-to-earth N types. fascinating

> but there is no romantic "spark" there, as I find there to be with ESI's. The attraction (or appreciation, really) I have for EII's is all intellectual.*

semi-duals are generally have higher "romantic spark" than average. as personally pleasant girls can't be other. it's more clear in irl contact, certainly
    but also for "romantic spark" are important non-types things like pretty body, general femininity, pheromones' level, etc

> intellectual

for intellectual contact for T types are more interesting other T types. F types for T ones are for soul, not for intellect

> how many times have you seen duals be unable to recognize each other's types because their biases are so high?

the important - how much of experience with concrete or similar IR/types you had in past. and could to understand this. as mostly people are bad in typology then this is common. same is with ANY IR, not duals only

> the Mirage LSI's, is all sexual

mirage are not the worst IR as support your 2nd function. they are relatively pleasant as persons
    also as sexuality is mostly linked to S, then for J types mirages are more comfort in this - their duals have similar tastes

> ESI's are somewhere in the middle. Thank goodness.

for sexual attraction I'd range: non-types factors, good IR, your past passion to some types