Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    the problem here is you may link certain actions with the wrong IE or type & then your future typings will be based on a wrong association. I think when trying to type others irl one should be with an expert to act as a measurement tool for your skills and provide feedback about the things you seem to have trouble with so you will avoid making wrong associations
    but I don't think it is a very practical idea, I mean it is not like socionics experts are available everywhere
    Maybe wrong associations but you can correct them when you notice inconsistencies. You just have to be up for refining things ...and eventually go beyond Socionics's framework

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Maybe wrong associations but you can correct them when you notice inconsistencies. You just have to be up for refining things ...and eventually go beyond Socionics's framework
    But most people don't like (or even fear) re-examining their understanding
    It is not very pleasant to admit you were wrong so many avoid considering that they could be wrong specially if they had that biased understanding for a long time their pride doesn't let them admit being wrong I guess

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    But most people don't like (or even fear) re-examining their understanding
    It is not very pleasant to admit you were wrong so many avoid considering that they could be wrong specially if they had that biased understanding for a long time their pride doesn't let them admit being wrong I guess
    True that some people don't like to face cognitive dissonance.