0 0%
  • ENTp

0 0%
  • INTj

0 0%
  • INTp

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: EXTENDED HOTELAMBUSH QUESTIONNAIRE - Desperate to know my type - hopeless case - every kind of help is welcome

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you both for your time! Let's assume that I am most probably an EII-Ne with a chance of being an EIE (unless ITR proves otherwise/some fx ego type digs out this thread and corrects me, hahah)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hullothere View Post
    Thank you both for your time! Let's assume that I am most probably an EII-Ne with a chance of being an EIE (unless ITR proves otherwise/some fx ego type digs out this thread and corrects me, hahah)
    I had an idea, do you relate to the social instinct in enneagram? Because I did notice some soc themes in your OP before and I wonder if that's the Fe-ish behaviour for you. That is, you do more Fe-ish things (and even utilizing some Fe information processing for it) because of soc instinct purposes but otherwise you don't focus on Fe information in the way you'd focus on a valued Ego function. Let me know if this makes sense.
    Last edited by Myst; 09-07-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I had an idea, do you relate to the social instinct in enneagram? Because I did notice some soc themes in your OP before and I wonder if that's the Fe-ish behaviour for you. That is, you do more Fe-ish things (and even utilizing some Fe information processing for it) because of soc instinct purposes but otherwise you don't focus on Fe information in the way you'd focus on a valued Ego function. Let me know if this makes sense.
    No, this is the least likely instinct. I've got some other revolutionary idea... Will write more in a few days, on vacations, deprived of internet

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

No, this is the least likely instinct. I've got some other revolutionary idea... Will write more in a few days, on vacations, deprived of internet
    Any luck?

Btw, if you can describe that anchor thing of yours more, it could be more clear as to what it exactly is.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any luck?

Btw, if you can describe that anchor thing of yours more, it could be more clear as to what it exactly is.
    Oh, sorry, had to think a bit about it. It still sounds too "revolutionary" for me.
    My idea was that when Ne is my social disguise, something with which I would serve others, it demands certain behaviours then. In the quest of entertaining others (which is some of Ne skills), I sometimes may need some back up of Fe to implement that. This back up might be superficial, like adding unserious atmosphere to what I say or trying to manipulate a bit to convince others to some ideas. This is not a developed, mature Fe which would be more about making groups oneness and communicating, emotional empathy etc. I got the idea because of the descriptions of Fi-subtype and Ne-subtype. Ne seems more extraverted in a Fe way: making jokes, having fun, Fi subtype is more serious, focused, seems to have more developed Ni because of being less scattered and more mystical. They are more interested in reading quietly, attending any kind of masses etc., or at least I think so - superficial aspects of Ni. It serves their deep values of Fi. EII-Ne still would have more imaginative skills, and EII-Fi would be more skilled socially, mature aspects of both IMs. This seems like some kind of heresy to me and I'm hesitant to share that, I should think about it more time than a week

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: I recently asked a random person skilled and seizing up people about my personality, and what I got was a definition of Fi (that I was emotionally cold, analysing everything rationally when facing a problem, hating shallow relationships, but deeply valuing true connections, very loyal, devoted to my friends' problems and helping them rather with a solution rather than accomodating emotionally), so I thought that if it is so obvious first impression, then there's something about that, it was bizarre to hear this description. Well... I'm not emotionally cold, but probably that's my vibe and that's what he meant. My point is, I'm more probably a Fi leading on a Fi/Fe scale, but the case is still open because I'm not an obvious example

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

what I got was a definition of Fi (that I was emotionally cold
    F types are not emotionally cold. Fi types have lesser expressed, quiet emotionality, but in their eyes you'll see emotions anyway

> analysing everything rationally when facing a problem

+ to T type

> hating shallow relationships

hating? then introversion

> but deeply valuing true connections

anyone

> very loyal

J types are loyal generally

> devoted to my friends' problems and helping them

it's what friends do - share life and help with each other

> rather with a solution rather than accomodating emotionally

ST types tend to help practically. not supporting emotionnaly + to T type

> I'm not emotionally cold

compared to F types - you are. emotions of T types are not well expressed as in high degree they are in their subconsciousness

> I'm more probably a Fi leading on a Fi/Fe scale

LSI/ISTJ you are most probably

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anchor thing is very abstract and difficult to explain, and I might have to come back here to explain it further if anything more comes to my mind. I have some essence of who I am, what I believe in, in what I trust, who I like/love and so on. This isn't what I feel in any moment; more like a planner kept in a backpack or a cross necklace on neck for catholic, or family's photographies in the wallet. This is what I can look at at any moment when I feel lost or sad or anything. I feel it when I know when I do something that is not exactly my style. This is when this "anchor thing" is very conscious and aching. Other times, it is rather subconscious and I feel it rather briefly. When I consciopusly do something in line with those things, resembling them, I feel very warm and comfortable.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Oh, sorry, had to think a bit about it. It still sounds too "revolutionary" for me.
    My idea was that when Ne is my social disguise, something with which I would serve others, it demands certain behaviours then. In the quest of entertaining others (which is some of Ne skills), I sometimes may need some back up of Fe to implement that. This back up might be superficial, like adding unserious atmosphere to what I say or trying to manipulate a bit to convince others to some ideas. This is not a developed, mature Fe which would be more about making groups oneness and communicating, emotional empathy etc. I got the idea because of the descriptions of Fi-subtype and Ne-subtype. Ne seems more extraverted in a Fe way: making jokes, having fun, Fi subtype is more serious, focused, seems to have more developed Ni because of being less scattered and more mystical. They are more interested in reading quietly, attending any kind of masses etc., or at least I think so - superficial aspects of Ni. It serves their deep values of Fi. EII-Ne still would have more imaginative skills, and EII-Fi would be more skilled socially, mature aspects of both IMs. This seems like some kind of heresy to me and I'm hesitant to share that, I should think about it more time than a week
    No worries .

Hmm, well, Ne isn't about controlled behaviours, that's more Feeling (Fi/Fe). Then Fe isn't necessarily about group oneness, that requires the social instinct too.

As for the entertainment part. Your way of entertaining here on the forum reminds me more of @GuavaDrunk for example than any EII, tbh. Like you say jokes in a certain way for effect or something like that. Just my impression.

Anchor thing is very abstract and difficult to explain, and I might have to come back here to explain it further if anything more comes to my mind. I have some essence of who I am, what I believe in, in what I trust, who I like/love and so on. This isn't what I feel in any moment; more like a planner kept in a backpack or a cross necklace on neck for catholic, or family's photographies in the wallet. This is what I can look at at any moment when I feel lost or sad or anything. I feel it when I know when I do something that is not exactly my style. This is when this "anchor thing" is very conscious and aching. Other times, it is rather subconscious and I feel it rather briefly. When I consciopusly do something in line with those things, resembling them, I feel very warm and comfortable.
    I might've misunderstood your earlier mention of the anchor thing as a Ji lead orientation then. This doesn't sound like that. Mind giving an example of doing something that's not exactly your style and say why it's not your "style", whatever that means.

Update: I recently asked a random person skilled and seizing up people about my personality, and what I got was a definition of Fi (that I was emotionally cold, analysing everything rationally when facing a problem, hating shallow relationships, but deeply valuing true connections, very loyal, devoted to my friends' problems and helping them rather with a solution rather than accomodating emotionally), so I thought that if it is so obvious first impression, then there's something about that, it was bizarre to hear this description. Well... I'm not emotionally cold, but probably that's my vibe and that's what he meant. My point is, I'm more probably a Fi leading on a Fi/Fe scale, but the case is still open because I'm not an obvious example
    Analysing rationally isn't really making me think of Fi. : p Fi just feels what they like/dislike (this applies to all Feeling, Fi is the introverted side of that).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries .

Hmm, well, Ne isn't about controlled behaviours, that's more Feeling (Fi/Fe). Then Fe isn't necessarily about group oneness, that requires the social instinct too.

As for the entertainment part. Your way of entertaining here on the forum reminds me more of @GuavaDrunk for example than any EII, tbh. Like you say jokes in a certain way for effect or something like that. Just my impression.

I might've misunderstood your earlier mention of the anchor thing as a Ji lead orientation then. This doesn't sound like that. Mind giving an example of doing something that's not exactly your style and say why it's not your "style", whatever that means.

Analysing rationally isn't really making me think of Fi. : p Fi just feels what they like/dislike (this applies to all Feeling, Fi is the introverted side of that).
    What I mean, was Ne creation of a role/absurdity/humour context/perceiving what needs to be done to achieve conceptual wholeness, and then using just the Fe functions (superficial ones) to make it happen(because Fi is useless there), eg trying to make statement convincing or adding some acting to a joke. I lurked through some of his/her posts lol, and it looks like something I would write/my type of humour. He/she is an E9 though as I could read or at least GuavaDrink thinks about his/herself this way, so it's definitely atypical example of an EIE type, introverted one. (Sorry here if he/she ever happens to read that just had to spy a bit )And yes, here with humour/ in social situation I mostly try to loose the atmosphere, jokes are rather soft, pleasant, and for an effect. My own inside jokes are rather morbid, and people are rather surprised when they hear any examples of what makes me laugh
    in "anaysing rationally"I meant what I came off to others (to this person gifted at catching human behaviours). Rather not emotive nor expressive. Fun fact: close friends confirm that, but strangers/newly met people generally think that I'm super positive, cheerful and nice.
    Why this doesn't sound like ji lead?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, so I'll try to give some examples.
    1. masses when I think that all this fuss is very suerficial, I can see people checking something on the phone/wearing furs/ priests not being devoted to what they do, just"doing their job", when I get thoughts like"but I'm not even a catholic what do I do there I'm not even sure if I'm a believer I don't belong there shouldn't be here it's a blasphemy for all these believing people must run away"
    2. if I'm in some popular group of peple and they demand me sacrifices like doing something which sounds to me shallow, for example going for some next party instead of just talking. Or if I know I have toabandon some friend of mine/a person promising as a friend to keep up with popular ones and build up my social status ughh. Or when that group says something stupid about someone I admire.
    3. I wouldnt be able to abandon my country, because I would feel like an alien there no matter what because of cultural upbringing. and I am often secretly mad at friends having plans in other cities or countries because I try to keep up relationships and maintain them once they aremade and I treat something like that as a sabotage. I wouldn't abandon my place of living because of friends and family, though moving away would be certainly materially/intelectually more rewarding and wiser.
    4. when doing a part-time job which seems stuid I think of a long-term goal
    I can write a bit moreif something is not clear