Thread: L from Death Note- ILE?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default L from Death Note- ILE?

A common typing for L is LII but Fi POLR seems to fit. He lacks the care for politeness and doesnt really consider his relations with others. He also seems to be slightly better with Se as he is willing to do things that could really get him in trouble and sometimes having an "ends justify the means" sort of belief. So could I (along with others) be right about L being ILE or am I just deluded?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, ILEs tend to have this kind of collected scatteredness.

The way ILE sits
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Idiot View Post
    A common typing for L is LII but Fi POLR seems to fit. He lacks the care for politeness and doesnt really consider his relations with others. He also seems to be slightly better with Se as he is willing to do things that could really get him in trouble and sometimes having an "ends justify the means" sort of belief. So could I (along with others) be right about L being ILE or am I just deluded?
    He's still quite polite in some ways, even though he doesn't care much about social conventionalities. If I remember correctly, he was always polite with Misa and Light, even though there were moments when he could have been really obnoxious to them. Fits into Fi Role.

What you pick up on as "Fi PoLR-like" is "just" his Social blindspot, I'd say. (I type him as Sp/Sx.)

I find he's very much LII-Ti. The Ti subtype has boosted Si, and following that "shielded" Se. Also, it results in weaker Ethics.
    So, his Se is not the worst, but it's still rather weak; and his Ethics are weakened.

I don't see him displaying any kinds of Ne lead behaviour. His Ti reasoning skills are top-notch.

Having said all that, he's a fictional character, so... Their personalities are often times more "flexible".
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think both are wrong.

He uses Ni extensively. And his inability to pull the trigger without 100% proof even when he was 99% certain is a clear sign of Te > Ti. A Ti 99% sure is 100% sure.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think this what would call ILE-Ti normalizing type. Internal + darkness got best of him and resembles LSI. Welcome to the Causal-Deterministic or Dialectical-Algorithmic world. Internal logic starts to torment you inside and wallow in your past.
    Yes, LSI-3Ti is more reminiscent than LII.

But I can see ILI.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. He's definitely ILI because he's my crush. Hihi ♡

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not really ILE because he uses Ni more than Ne. Never seen Ne.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L was obviously Se PoLR, and it's what kills him. He knows Light is Kira, but he doesn't have the ability/willingness to force his way and assert his authority and reputation. Instead he lets himself be killed -- his final conversation with Light as well as the conversation with Watari prove he knows he's about to die -- because without the support of his colleagues/subordinates he doesn't have the motivation to continue fighting. I can't really imagine an ILE going down like that, or being as depressed and introspective as L seems to be.

I also think it's obvious he had 4D Ni, and wasn't Ni-ignoring.

As for Fi, if you look at his conversations with Light I'm not sure how you could say it was 1d. Role is perfectly appropriate IMO. Doesn't really encapsulate his approach to life but approximates how he handles his interactions with others.

Near is a clear example of an ILI that should contrast well to L. Very similar to Light (an LIE); much more so than L. The last chapter/episode establishes this.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 01-03-2022 at 11:29 AM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    L was obviously Se PoLR, and it's what kills him. He knows Light is Kira, but he doesn't have the ability/willingness to force his way and assert his authority and reputation. Instead he lets himself be killed -- his final conversation with Light as well as the conversation with Watari prove he knows he's about to die -- because without the support of his colleagues/subordinates he doesn't have the motivation to continue fighting. I can't really imagine an ILE going down like that, or being as depressed and introspective as L seems to be.

I also think it's obvious he had 4D Ni, and wasn't Ni-ignoring.

Near is a clear example of an ILI that should contrast well to L. Very similar to Light (an LIE); much more so than L. The last chapter/episode establishes this.
    Yeah. L's 4d Ni told him he's about to die, but after all it's still an unvalued function, Se polr and Te ignoring make him did nothing to actually stop it. This guy is the smartest but also the weirdest of the four.

Near could end the game faster in a more brutal way (just straight up kill Light), but instead he chose to end it in "L's way" due to respect L (Fi). When L did that way due to his Ti perfectionism. You can see both Fi and Ti could be very stubborn in their own ways.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree though, he pressed Light several times, one of these scenes would also be an example:

I didn't see Ne towards this example, but doesn't mean I don't doubt ILI/ILE either.

But I don't disagree that Near is an ILI though, both probably are differentiated by subtypes better.

One more thing is that, I couldn't see him as a Holographical-Panoramic user.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an epiphany the other day and might have apprehended that he is actually SLI-Te.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My typings of the other genius characters:

Mello- ESE-Fe 3w4
    Light- ILE-Ti 1w2
    Near- LIE-Ni 5w6