Corrine: Ti-ENTp
    Bob: Ne-ENTp

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the show for a few weeks... Those are the ppl left now..? Wow... what happened to marcus, randy?

I think you have most of the contestants right.

Corrine is def Ti-ENTp, (very similar to this girl I dated in hs... it's uncanny...) Matty is def Ti-ESTp... Bob is Alpha NT--I thought he was INTj at the time, tbh... Crystal is Delta ST.

Sugar was my favorite contestant... She's Gamma SF I think, not Delta... Fi-ESFp... Kenny was the gamer, right? I forget his type.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope nope nope...don't know what you two are smoking but those are wayyy off

corrine: Ni-ENFj 7w6 sx/so (and fucking hot lol)
    randy: Te-ESTj cp6w5 sp/sx
    bob: Ti-ENTp p6w5 so/sp
    crystal: Ti-ISTj 1w9 sp/so
    sugar: Fe-ISFp 4w3 so/sx
    matty: Se-ESFp 7w6 sp/sx
    Ace: Fe-ENFj 7w6 so/sx
    Ken: Ti-ENTp p6w7 so/sp
    Kelly: Fi-ENFp prolly 6w7
    G.C.: Ne-ENFp 7w6 so/sp
    susie: Fi-INFj 9w1 sp/so
    marcus: Ni-ENTj 8w7 sp/sx
    Michelle: Ni-INFp 4w5 sx/sp
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think ur right about sugar... she is either beta or gamma, imo... she's the only one i remember well other than matty, who i think is beta.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way. Sugar is pretty much casebook ISFp, imo. I have no idea why you see her as Se-valuing.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    No way. Sugar is pretty much casebook ISFp, imo. I have no idea why you see her as Se-valuing.
    i thought she was pretty obviously putting on an act ... you may have watched the show more than twice tho... i haven't...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    nope nope nope...don't know what you two are smoking but those are wayyy off

corrine: Ni-ENFj 7w6 sx/so (and fucking hot lol)
    randy: Te-ESTj cp6w5 sp/sx
    bob: Ti-ENTp p6w5 so/sp
    crystal: Ti-ISTj 1w9 sp/so
    sugar: Fe-ISFp 4w3 so/sx
    matty: Se-ESFp 7w6 sp/sx
    Ace: Fe-ENFj 7w6 so/sx
    Ken: Ti-ENTp p6w7 so/sp
    Kelly: Fi-ENFp prolly 6w7
    G.C.: Ne-ENFp 7w6 so/sp
    susie: Fi-INFj 9w1 sp/so
    marcus: Ni-ENTj 8w7 sp/sx
    Michelle: Ni-INFp 4w5 sx/sp
    I like Corrinne too, especially the way how she communicates her messages across and she has a really nice voice.

As of now, the only contestants who are still around and whom I would root for are Kenny and Bob, and probably Matty for his loyalty, consistency and earnestness. The rest are just lucky to be where they are now.

Survivor is prolly the best reality show ever and the only other show worth watching on TV (after The Office).

Btw, what type would you reckon Charlie is?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Just a personal opinion: she seems to give me an air of infantile rather than caregiver. She seems weak, overemotional and depends too much on others. She can be a bit too straightforward as compared to other Fe types I have known, and is quite gullible to the suggestions of others.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Just a personal opinion: she seems to give me an air of infantile rather than caregiver. She seems weak, overemotional and depends too much on others. She can be a bit too straightforward as compared to other Fe types I have known, and is quite gullible to the suggestions of others.
    eh, I don't like the whole erotic attitudes thing; her Fe usage is pervasive. Someone like susie is an INFj: more static, with the self-contained (from a beta perspective) Fi focus. Sugar seems more bouncy, adaptable, and somewhat emotionally manipulative.

As for Charlie, I could never get a definite read on him, for some reason.

ExFp? Probably a 3 or a 6, from what I remember.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp for charlie, i think... when i watched, it looked like charlie, marcus, and corrinne would go to the end... (one person from each quadra...) how the hell is suzy still in it?

seriously... you ppl who have been watching.... how is suzy still in it? she was grating.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    ENFp for charlie, i think... when i watched, it looked like charlie, marcus, and corrinne would go to the end... (one person from each quadra...) how the hell is suzy still in it?

seriously... you ppl who have been watching.... how is suzy still in it? she was grating.
    I haven't caught up yet, but that is despicable. How am I not surprised though, that the passive-aggressive flip-flopper makes it to the end (or almost)? Marcus was the most competent IMO and only got voted off because people were threatened by him. So, maybe in a way, that makes susie the most competent: her incompetency renders her such. What is the world coming to?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol....yeah, she is still in it and did not do much to deserve to be there. I find it more grating that smart ppl like Marcus and Corrinne have been outplayed by less able players such as Suzie and Sugar who are simply here by riding on people's coattails or is lucky enough to find the hidden immunity idol.

To a certain extent, I actually thought that the game of Survivor favours Alpha/Delta types more than Beta/Gamma. Beta/Gammas tend to be more outspoken and appear strong enough for people to regard them as threats. Alphas tend to be likeable and are good in analyzing and manipulating the people/situations around them. Deltas are seen to be dependable and low-keyed, and more often than not, people tend to forget about their presence because they do not strive to have a high profile.

eh, I don't like the whole erotic attitudes thing; her Fe usage is pervasive. Someone like susie is an INFj: more static, with the self-contained (from a beta perspective) Fi focus. Sugar seems more bouncy, adaptable, and somewhat emotionally manipulative.

As for Charlie, I could never get a definite read on him, for some reason.

ExFp? Probably a 3 or a 6, from what I remember.
    Charlie seems like a genuinely nice guy, as compared to Sugar.

I haven't caught up yet, but that is despicable. How am I not surprised though, that the passive-aggressive flip-flopper makes it to the end (or almost)? Marcus was the most competent IMO and only got voted off because people were threatened by him. So, maybe in a way, that makes susie the most competent: her incompetency renders her such. What is the world coming to?
    Maybe she is not significant enough to be considered a threat? I want her gone too. What I cannot stand about her is that there is a lack of consistency in her actions and thoughts. There is no strategy in the world she handles her situation. She seems to have a short-sighted perspective of her situation. As much as it is important to move forward in the game, didn't she realize that the members are from the Onion Alliance (Randy, Marcus, Corrinne, and Charlie) as of now? It is impossible for her (and Sugar) to win a million bucks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope that my favorite contestant Ken will win. He really plays the game really well.

Why do you think he is Ti-ENTp, strrrng? He seems like a P-subtype to me:

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Lol....yeah, she is still in it and did not do much to deserve to be there. I find it more grating that smart ppl like Marcus and Corrinne have been outplayed by less able players such as Suzie and Sugar who are simply here by riding on people's coattails or is lucky enough to find the hidden immunity idol.
    I was going to say something like this in my previous post, but I think it's sort of contradictory. While people like Marcus and Corrine and naturally smarter and more competent, pragmatically this renders them less competent—at least in a tribe setting where people want to band together and eliminate threats. This is sort of why I hate groups, because they facilitate mediocrity winning out over individual ability. It has nothing to do with quadras either; just a disdain for incompetent fools getting by on nothing.

To a certain extent, I actually thought that the game of Survivor favours Alpha/Delta types more than Beta/Gamma. Beta/Gammas tend to be more outspoken and appear strong enough for people to regard them as threats. Alphas tend to be likeable and are good in analyzing and manipulating the people/situations around them. Deltas are seen to be dependable and low-keyed, and more often than not, people tend to forget about their presence because they do not strive to have a high profile.
    I agree. This is probably why alphas and deltas are the most prominent quadras in society.

Charlie seems like a genuinely nice guy, as compared to Sugar.
    Yeah, she's a manipulative girl, and I'm surprised people didn't see through her.

Maybe she is not significant enough to be considered a threat? I want her gone too. What I cannot stand about her is that there is a lack of consistency in her actions and thoughts. There is no strategy in the world she handles her situation. She seems to have a short-sighted perspective of her situation. As much as it is important to move forward in the game, didn't she realize that the members are from the Onion Alliance (Randy, Marcus, Corrinne, and Charlie) as of now? It is impossible for her (and Sugar) to win a million bucks.
    I think the inconsistency is derived from a very consistent disposition: one where she constantly acquiesces to situations, in order to benefit without having to really do anything. Passive-aggressive piece of shit.

Why do you think he is Ti-ENTp, strrrng? He seems like a P-subtype to me:
    Irrational base temperament was pretty clear to me, but the way in which he seemed to discuss things had the more precise (sometimes overly-concrete) quality so common to Ti-ENTp's. He also seems to appreciate Fe, judging by his general demeanor and interactions with sugar. There is a general naivety in that arena, which is partially related to his social anxieties, but manifests through the Fe preference, giving him that childishly friendly manner in dealing with people.

Oh, and crystal is an annoying retard. Way to behave in every way that isn't beneficial to winning. Whether it's crying over some petty shit, or getting all ghetto 'You ain't be knowing me, so shut yo mouth', she's a crazed, self-righteous twat.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you have to be inherently weak in order to go far in the game. I think you have to understand how to manage your own power in a way that you remain in control, but stay unthreatening. Perfect example is Kenny. I mean, why has no one seen Kenny as a threat yet? He's won individual immunity, he's demonstrated a capacity for physical challenges unless they involve brute strength (does anyone remember that challenge where you needed to collect flag pole pieces while tied to someone?), he's been dominating the game strategically up until this point. And yet people STILL don't see him as a threat, because he doesn't set himself up as an obvious threat and he doesn't walk around camp like a puffed up peacock.

Even Corrine and Bob were going to target Matty last week. Matty is definitely a physically strong player, no doubt, but overall Kenny is a far more threatening player in the long run.

I don't think the group aspect facilitates mediocrity. Some great players have made it to the end. Man, what season was it when Earl won? Earl was amazing. The issue is understanding how to control the game without appearing threatening to others. It's a basic life strategy as well. In order to keep power you need to be powerful without stepping on anyone's toes. I mean, that's common sense.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob won Susie with the votes of 4 against 3.....

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for giving it away!

But actually, it's probably good you did. The power dynamics in that show are disgusting (the wrong people are winning), so I'd probably get all angry once I saw another bullshit episode of passive-aggressive susie getting ahead and whatnot.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit @ corrinne's final council speech. She fucking mauled those three. <3333333 beta NF girls

"You're an unemployed, uneducated leech on society, and the only thing I would vote to give you is a hand-full of anti-depressants so that people wouldn't constantly be subjected to your crying. And maybe that would make you a little more sincere when you're crying over your dead father" — Corrine to Sugar

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The latest Survivor

Coach - LSI
    Tyson - EIE
    Sierra - SLI
    Brendan - LSE
    Taj - IEE
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brendan could be LIE
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw it for the first time last night...

Brendan is Ti-LSI, and his partner, that blonde woman, is a beta introvert.

Coach (ESI) and Tyson (SEE)

That neurotic Jewish guy is a ILE ... TJ is SLE

People still watch that show? I stopped watching when they killed "a wild boar" that was obviously either tame or sedated. Not because they killed the animal, if even they really did, but the fakeness and ridiciliousness of it all.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG Justin I don't see how anyone can see Coach as anything but LSI. LOL. He's just like Richard Dreyfuss. He seems very clearly LSI to me. And Brendan does seem LSE, and Sierra (the blonde) really seems very SLI to me. I was going to find a clip of her to show Jessica, but then I remembered that she's shipped off. I haven't felt sure about Stephen (neurotic Jewish guy) but he's likable.

Anyway, I just think you're way off. I think it's a Delta vs. Beta clash.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, yeah, you know, I don't know... That was the first time I watched it, (and to be honest, I only caught the last 20 minutes.)

The only one I'm sure about is Stephen, who was the only one really talking during the time I watched... JT was talking too... And he's a pretty clear beta ST.

Is Brendan the muscle guy?

Maybe I didn't see coach as LSI b/c he came off as such a douche lol

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coach has strong Se and dual-seeking Fe (latched right on to Tyson, Fe master). I like Tyson but hate Coach and my husband thinks Coach is ok but doesn't like Tyson. LOL. We argue about this as we watch it. Brendan doesn't seem to have much interest in Fe to me but then he hasn't been in an Fe-friendly crowd so we'll see how resonds to it now that they've merged. I thought of him more as a Te type. No strong opinion on JT though I haven't seen much Se at this point.
    -Mark Twain

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch the show, but I've met coach a few times IRL and he's 100% Beta ST. I think more ESTp than ISTj though.

Keep in mind the show is HIGHLY edited, Coach is always telling us how he helped the other contestants out and refused to backstab. He stopped eating almost completely and gave away most of his food for a while. He still has that douche bag Beta vibe, but he's a good person.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    Keep in mind the show is HIGHLY edited,
    I used to be a big fan of Survivor, and one of the things you had to keep in mind was that the show was crazy edited, and edited for a reason. There's a whole following of "Edgic" that predicts a person's actual standing in the game to what type of edit they are given. So people will "type" castaways with a certain edit relating to several variables of how they were shown on the show. I can't remember if they truly found anything conclusive, but it became really apparent that editing had a trend on keeping viewers in suspense about the vote off order more than anything.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    I don't watch the show, but I've met coach a few times IRL and he's 100% Beta ST. I think more ESTp than ISTj though.

Keep in mind the show is HIGHLY edited, Coach is always telling us how he helped the other contestants out and refused to backstab. He stopped eating almost completely and gave away most of his food for a while. He still has that douche bag Beta vibe, but he's a good person.
    I don't think he's a bad person. The Se grates on me. The Ti too, but the Se is what is really bugging me. But he doesn't seem like a bad person at all. Honesty is very important to him, and sportsmanship and teamwork. He's probably a very good person based on what I've seen.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    I used to be a big fan of Survivor, and one of the things you had to keep in mind was that the show was crazy edited, and edited for a reason. There's a whole following of "Edgic" that predicts a person's actual standing in the game to what type of edit they are given. So people will "type" castaways with a certain edit relating to several variables of how they were shown on the show. I can't remember if they truly found anything conclusive, but it became really apparent that editing had a trend on keeping viewers in suspense about the vote off order more than anything.
    It is meant to be entertaining first. Being real isn't much of a priority. I don't care - I enjoy it anyway. I just take it for what it is.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    thanks for writing that. it's interesting... editors really are making "characters" in that way.

God help me though, I just watched youtube interviews of these survivors, and Slacker Mom has most of them right. Tyson is EIE, etc... Brendan and Sierra are the two I'm still not sure about.

my problem with survivor is that i don't watch it regularly enough to remember the storyline or characters... Aside from the one in borneo and the one in gabon.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    It is meant to be entertaining first. Being real isn't much of a priority. I don't care - I enjoy it anyway. I just take it for what it is.
    I might just feel slightly "cheated" by Survivor There was one season that was so heavy handed in crap from the producer's end that I couldn't take watching it anymore. But the first set of Survivors are truly great and the show is great for anyone who likes to watch interpersonal dynamics unfold.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Survivor is still one of my favorite shows till today because I enjoy watching how social dynamics play out in an enclosed environment.

Anyway, here is my opinion on what might be the types for some contestants:

Coach: Ti-ESTp
    Tyson: Fe-ENFj
    Sierra: Te-ISTp
    Brendan: Te-ESTj
    Taj: Fi-ENFp
    JT: Ti-ENTp
    Erinn: Si-ISTp
    Debra: Fe-ESFj

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the entire episode last night...

LOL at the cruel beta dual pair, Coach and Tyson, winning thus far.

I think Brendan and Sierra are Gamma introverts... Not delta... Brendan = ISFj; Sierra = INTp.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the entire episode last night...

LOL at the cruel beta dual pair, Coach and Tyson, winning thus far.

I think Brendan and Sierra are Gamma introverts... Not delta... Brendan = ISFj; Sierra = INTp.
    lol, you have clearly only watched one episode fully. Coach and Tyson are hardly winning. Tyson, yes, but Coach is a complete imbecile. Like, 100% idiot. He thinks he's in control of the game, but he's just Tyson's pawn. It's actually hilarious to watch.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default J.T. (winner of Survivor Tocantins)

He happens to be one of my favorites compared to the other contestants. I thought this season of Survivor is rather predictable without much surprises. I would have expected him to be the winner, especially when Stephen is with him at the Final Two.

Official summary about him taken from CBS website:

"A cattle manager raised in Samson, Alabama, JT operates a registered Angus Cattle Ranch. In addition to preparing the land and working the cattle, this southern charmer is responsible for all the paperwork and marketing associated with running the business.

This ambitious 24-year-old gets fired up when people insult his intelligence and says "I'm not a dumb hillbilly, so don’t think it!" However, this may be just the strategy that JT chooses to use and isn’t above playing the “dumb and innocent country boy role” in an effort to gain alliances with the women. JT attended Troy University and is the first in his family to earn a Bachelors Degree. His is in business administration.

A true family man, JT values his relationships and will work towards forming alliances that will take him very far in the game. This strong country boy is competitive and determined and will use manipulation in order to help him succeed and ultimately win SURVIVOR.

JT is single and currently resides in Mobile, Ala. His birthdate is June 23."

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thanks, spoilers. I'm in the middle of watching the finale right now

Alright, I'm going to dwell on this for a little bit then I'll post my thoughts. My gut says ISTp for now.
    Last edited by Wynch; 05-19-2009 at 01:52 PM.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some Guy from "Survivor: Samoa"

I'm not sure I would really call this guy "famous", but I'm not sure what other subforum this would go in other than here.

I stumbled across this video in my blog-surfing. I found this guy weirdly fascinating, almost to the point of watching Survivor just to see how he interacts with other people, as a sort of character study. Almost.

He's like the perfect villain for a reality show like this. (Full disclosure: I used to watch and enjoy Survivor back when it was first on the air. I know, I know, I just lost like 200 points of Geek Cred. )

Thoughts on his type, anyone?
    Quaero Veritas.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first guess is ESTp. my mom watches this show too and was talking about this guy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast