Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    first guess is ESTp. my mom watches this show too and was talking about this guy.
    My first guess was ISTj, so it looks like we're on the same track. I later started wondering if he might be ISFj, due to all his talk about manipulating people, which seemed like it might be Fi related, but I think an Fi type would value relationships more than this guy seems to.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE rather than ISFj, maybe. He talks too openly about all this stuff, and all his emphasis on "controlling people", as if they were objects, points to Te rather than Fe, IMO.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least we can all agree on Se, anyway. If the Se is that obvious, and Ti vs. Fi less obvious, then I wouldn't be surprised if Se was his base element, as you guys say.

I could see ESFp. Fi being used creatively to obtain Se goals.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hummm I'm gonna guess he's some beta ST as I don't think some of the beta NFs (jaimeson...i'd guess being EIE, possibly Mick too?) would be as influenced by him if he were an SEE.

Atm I'd say SLE>LSI as his Ni is very weak, i can't believe he's still in the game (well in aussieland anyway)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Survivor Samoa types

Just caught up on back episodes of Survivor Samoa. For those of you who watched it too, I'm curious what you think the cast members' types were.

In particular,

Russell
    Jaison
    Mick
    Natalie
    Shambo
    Laura
    Brett
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

russell had to be some kind of beta. he was awesome, so hilarious to watch. his reaction upon losing was politically unsavy though. I think there is an interesting lesson to be learned from the season.. power tactics always have a karmic return.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAAAAA! No spoilers!! i haven't watched the last 2 episodes yet!!! sorry i should have mentioned that. It's ok, i'm glad he didn't win, and i actually was expecting that the jury would never vote for him.

Yeah I kind of thought ESTp for him actually. It was ALLLL about winning for him (which I see as Se? am i right?). . .and i noticed he approached Si stuff from the standpoint of helping him win too (the reward, where he mentions all the food will help him in the next challenge).

Any thoughts on the other people?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Absurd, that video was AWESOME. I'll make another thread for Lost too, if there isn't already one.

Oh yeah, I wonder what Jeff Probst's type is too. Any thoughts?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Russell is LSI. And not becasue I don't like him and think he's my conflictor. He was right about a lot of things. Most people in Survivor are too stupid to have a real chance at winning. I think he played a good game but he had weak Ne and couldn't see other possibilities and change his game plan when needed. If not LSI, I'd say ESI.

My favorite player was Jaison.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I think Russell is LSI. And not becasue I don't like him and think he's my conflictor. He was right about a lot of things. Most people in Survivor are too stupid to have a real chance at winning. I think he played a good game but he had weak Ne and couldn't see other possibilities and change his game plan when needed. If not LSI, I'd say ESI.

My favorite player was Jaison.
    Yeah i was often offended by Russell too. . .I thought he was a genius though, especially finding those immunity idols! He struck me as awfully vengeful though, but everything he did seemed like the right thing to do to protect himself. It was the way he SAID things that was pretty mean. And he was VERY cocky and belittling. I thought LSIs were really rigid about following rules though, no? Which was a reason i was leaning more towards SLE.

omg, my fav was Jaison too. . .with Mick a close second Both VERY good looking guys too. That's why i wanted to know what people thought their types were. IEE maybe for Jaison? I'm really not sure about Mick, maybe IEE too, or LSE? not too sure how LSEs look/act IRL.

What about Natalie? was she IEI? I can't tell. . .Or maybe she was EII with that "prayer warriors" thing she said.

Laura reminded me of someone i used to work with. A really unpleasant person and challenging to get along, but while interacting with that person at work, I seemed to have found the key to getting along with her, so I was just curious what type that was.

p.s. i watched the final episodes so spoilers welcome now!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, he was P. probably ESTP.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any other takers?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russell LSI
    Natalie/Brett IEI
    Shambo LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI may actually be right for russell. natalie and brett were both likely ISFp. shambo is definitely LSE.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured Shambo was either alpha or delta, because i think she is someone who i would get along with pretty well--really down to earth, well-meaning, and sincere. I didn't realize LSEs can be so goofy though. Wasn't she a little goofy?

What about Mick and Jaison??? And Jeff Probst?? Any thoughts?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mick i think is LII, jaison seems LSIish but he could be delta, probst seems ENFj.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Survivor 1.0

Warning: This is going to be incomplete.

As far as I can see the tribes consisted of these individuals and types (having rewatched 5 first episodes)

"Thuggees"
    Rich ENTj
    Susan ESTj
    Rudy ESTj
    Stacey ESTp
    Kelly ESFp
    Sean ENFp
    Dirk ENTp
    Sonja INFp (quite uncertain of this one)

The first striking thing is that almost all are Exxx types (and Sonja is the first voted out). The second thing is that ESTj are the only type with two members.

"Da gong show"
    Joel ISFp
    Gretchen ESFp
    Jenna INFp
    BB ISTj
    Gervase ENTp
    Ramona INTj
    Colleen ESFj (quite uncertain of this one)
    Greg ESFj

The first thing that strikes me is the number of alphas/betas. It's a 'merry' tribe (and it certainly was).

Some of the relationships that occur: (+ good, - bad)

Rich - Dirk
    Dirk + Sean
    Rudy + Rich
    Sue + Kelly (later misunderstanding)
    Sonja + Rich
    Rudy - Stacey
    Stacey + Kelly
    Rich - Stacey
    Sonja - Rudy
    Dirk - Kelly

Joel + Gervase
    BB +/- Ramona
    Colleen + Greg
    Joel - BB
    Colleen + Gervase
    Colleen -/+ BB
    Gretchen + BB
    Ramona + Colleen
    Jenna + BB
    Ramona - BB
    Ramona + Greg
    Jenna +/- Ramona

Here are the cast bios from cbs site:

Sonja Christopher 1st Voted Out Positive feeler, disliked Rudy. Voted out as a physical detriment to the tribe
    Sonja was born and raised in Olympia, Washington. Her studies at Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington, the University of Oslo in Norway, the University of Washington in Seattle and the University of California, Berkeley, produced a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology, along with a teaching credential.

Before retiring, Sonja worked as an investment counselor, tennis teacher and elementary school teacher. She currently works part-time as a music therapist, playing the banjo as she leads sing-alongs at Alzheimer's centers. She also enjoys performing in local community theater. Her favorite sport is swimming, although it used to be tennis, which she played competitively for a number of years. She also enjoys playing Bridge.

In December of 1997, Sonja was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. She underwent pre-surgical chemotherapy, followed by lumpectomy and radiation and has resumed a full, healthy life.

Sonja describes herself as courageous, open and fun-loving. In describing her perfect day, Sonja would wake up feeling good and counting her blessings. She would enjoy a cup of coffee while reading the paper before heading out to exercise (walk, bike, swimming or yoga). Afterwards, she would connect with a friend by phone or over lunch before or after performing at a nursing home. At some point in her day, she would discover a new interest, "be there" for someone in need, have a new idea or fix something around the house and find that all the desk work which requires a good deal of her time would miraculously get done by itself. Capping off her perfect day would be an evening at the theatre or movies with a dear friend, after which she would crawl into bed with a good book.

Sonja currently resides in Walnut Creek, California, about 45 minutes from her son, Dan. She is on the Board of Directors at her the Unitarian Universalist Church and was instrumental as a fundraiser in the building of the Regional Center for the Arts. She is also is a member of the Diable Light Opera Company and Contra Costa Musical Theatre, and also participates in local video and computer clubs. Her birth date is Jan. 28, 1937.

B.B. Andersen 2nd Voted Out ISTj
    B.B.
    Biography
    Originally from South Dakota, B.B. studied Civil Engineering at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas, before becoming a general contractor and real estate developer. His talents eventually allowed him to own and operate a successful construction and development company. Also active in politics, Andersen was appointed by President Reagan to the Advisory Board of the Defense Intelligence Agency where he then served for 11 ½ years. It was also known that he declined several ambassadorships that were offered him during the Bush administration.

An adventure-seeker by nature, B.B. has toured through Mexico, the western United States and the Great Lakes on his motorcycle. An avid sailor, he had a 53' ketch built in La Rochelle, France and sailed it from the Bay of Biscay into the Mediterranean Sea where he eventually moored it in Hyere, France. In 1993, he sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida across the Atlantic to Lisbon, Portugal and the Canary Islands. While skiing remains his favorite sport, he is also a certified scuba diver. Additionally, he has logged over 8,500 hours of flight time as a private pilot and holds multi-engine, commercial and instrument ratings.

B.B. currently divides his time between Mission Hills, Kansas, and Vail, Colorado, with his wife and their daughter. He has four additional children who live and work around the country. Still active in real estate development, he is currently a member of World Presidents Organization, Kansas City Presidents Organization and the Vail Valley Foundation. His birth date is Jan. 18, 1936.

Stacey Stillman 3rd Voted Out ENTp
    Stacey
    Biography
    Stacey lives in San Francisco and practices corporate law at a law firm that specializes in representing technology companies. She earned her JD degree from New York University School of Law in 1998 and completed her undergraduate degree at the State University of New York at Binghamton in 1994, with a combined BA degree in both Physics and the Politics & Philosophy of Law.

Although she now resides on the West Coast, Stacey spent the majority of her life on the East Coast, growing up on Long Island and attending school in upstate New York and Manhattan.

The three adjectives Stacey uses to describe herself are intuitive, direct and sarcastic. She is most proud of remaining optimistic about life and people despite experiencing some emotionally difficult times, including overcoming thyroid cancer. Her perfect day would be taking a long hike along the coastal bluff and redwoods, followed by a foot rub and nap, and, finally, enjoying a gourmet dinner with good wine and great friends.

She has just been approved as a volunteer for the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of San Francisco program, and is awaiting assignment to a little girl. Stacey is currently single and enjoying her own "reality" living situation with four roommates and one dog. Her birth date is Aug. 11, 1972.

Ramona Gray 4th Voted Out
    Ramona
    Biography
    Ramona is a research chemist whose company works to fit together chemical compounds that may potentially unlock combinations that will be used to develop disease-fighting drugs.

Growing up in a single parent home in Hampton, Virginia, Ramona credits her mother for helping her live up to her potential. In 1993, Ramona received a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Howard University in Washington, D.C. Continuing her studies at Howard, she received her Masters of Science degree in chemistry in 1997.

Ramona describes herself as independent, out-going and meticulous. In her spare time, she enjoys skydiving, kick-boxing, basketball, martial arts (she has a black belt in karate) and basically any other form of activity that gives her a good workout. She is a fan of the television show "ER" and the feature film "The Matrix." Ramona musical interests include gospel, jazz, pop, r&b, classical and rap.

Ramona currently resides in Edison, New Jersey. She is a member of the American Chemical Society and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. She regularly attends the First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens in Somerset, New Jersey. Her birth date is January 20, 1971.

Dirk Been 5th Voted Out ENTp
    Dirk
    Biography
    Dirk graduated from Sauk Prairie High School before earning his bachelor's degree of arts in Religious Studies from Seattle Pacific University in Washington. He currently works as a substitute teacher while also helping to take care of his family's dairy farm.

Dirk loves fishing, dancing and blind dates. Having played basketball in high school and college, it is hands-down his favorite sport. He prefers to watch "The Simpsons" and "Saturday Night Live" on television, and declares "Indiana Jones: The Lost Ark" and "The Matrix" as his favorite movies. Describing himself as energetic, funny and loud, he is most proud of being involved with helping disadvantaged kids reach their full potential. He lists Martin Luther King, Jr. and Larry Bird as his personal heroes because he believes they are two examples of effective leaders who led by example.

Dirk's perfect day begins with an early morning fishing trip, followed by a competitive game of basketball until it's time to head for dinner at his favorite pizza place. Afterwards, he and his friends dance the night away.

Dirk resides in Spring Green, Wisconsin. His birth date is June 15, 1976.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joel Klug 6th Voted Out
    Joel
    Biography
    One of four siblings, Joel grew up on a dairy farm approximately 20 minutes outside of Green Bay, Wisconsin. During his junior year at Reedsville Public High School, Joel joined the United States Coast Guard where he remained with a reserve unit for approximately one year. He then worked various jobs, included working for a sheet metal company, as a landscaper and also as a construction worker, before accepting a job at a health club.

In 1997, Joel relocated to Little Rock, Arkansas, after being recruited by a financial company whose primary clients are health clubs. At 25 years old, Joel was hired as a National Account Manager and became one of the youngest individuals working in his position, although he quickly proved himself to his peers. In two-and-a-half years, his contributions have helped the company generate record-breaking growth.

Joel describes himself as confident, strong-willed and adventurous. When not traveling the country, Joel enjoys playing football and golf. His favorite television show is "Arliss," and his favorite feature films are "Usual Suspects" and "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels." His perfect day would start with a chartered fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico, followed by a dinner of grilled snapper and mackerel. Enjoying the sunset from the deck of a condo in Sanibel Island, Florida, he'd smoke a great cigar while listening to the surf.

Joel currently resides in Sherwood, Arkansas. He is a member of the International Health & Raquet Sports Association. His birth date is April 13, 1972.
    Gretchen Cordy 38, 7th Voted Out
    Gretchen
    Biography
    Originally from New York City, Gretchen attended Freedom High School in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. She spent six years as a survival instructor for the US Air Force where she earned the Cadre Award from her survival instructor training class (for being the person who most exemplifies the spirit of survival).

Gretchen describes herself as strong-willed (stubborn), compassionate and open-minded. The two things that she is most proud of are her children. She enjoys camping, hiking, canoeing and swimming. Gretchen's hobby is working in her yard, and she likes listening to alternative music. When describing her perfect day, it would be camping with her family in the Hoh Rain Forest in Washington State.

Gretchen currently works part-time at a preschool in Clarksville, Tennessee. Happily married for 14 years, she and her husband have two children, one dog and a ferret. She is a member of Amnesty International and her children's PTA. Her birth date is Feb. 7, 1962.

Greg Buis 8th Voted Out 1st Jury Member ESFj
    Greg
    Biography
    Born in Plano, Texas, Greg Buis is one of four siblings (two brothers and a sister). He studied anthropology at Brown University, graduating in 1999. He is currently based in Gold Hill, Colorado, although he continues to travel around the world. He has lived in Ridgewood, New Jersey; Providence, Rhode Island; Boulder, Colorado; Santa Barbara, California and Australia. Along the way, he has been employed as a survival skill program director, boat mechanic, a stone mason and a restaurant manager.
    Greg describes himself as energetic, hardworking and dedicated. His favorite color is green and he loves the smell of a pine forest. He says his perfect day would entail stalking a wild animal slowly and quietly enough to surprise it by touching it. His birth date is Dec. 31, 1975.

Jenna Lewis 2nd Jury Member
    Jenna
    Biography
    Jenna currently attends classes at New Hampshire Technical Institute. Previous occupations include work as an insurance claims analyst, daycare worker and waitress.

Jenna describes herself as energetic, competent and athletic. Her favorite sports are football and track & field - she'll add basketball to this list only if she's playing. Her favorite television show is "Ally McBeal" and her favorite feature film is "Austin Powers." Her musical tastes run the gamut of teen pop to hard rock to rap.

A perfect day for Jenna begins with an early hike up Mt. Cardigan before going for a swim. She would then take her daughters to the playground, followed by a raucous game of paintball with six of her close friends. At night, she'd go dancing.

Jenna currently resides in Franklin, New Hampshire with her twin daughters, Sadie and Sabrina. Her birth date is July 16, 1977.

Gervase Peterson 3rd Jury Member
    Gervase
    Biography
    Gervase hails from Philadelphia and currently lives in Willingboro, New Jersey. He is a youth basketball coach and his previous occupations include an auditor, a field representative for Nielsen Media Research and a test technician for I.B.M. He attended Lincoln Technical Institute for two years.

Gervase's proudest accomplishment is living to the age of 30. His perfect day would consist of playing with his kids, enjoying a game of basketball and football, followed up by a large incredible meal. His hero is his mother for all the sacrifice and love she gave after his father passed way when he was fifteen years old.

His three favorite hobbies are watching movies, basketball/football and anything revolving around actress Salma Hayek. Gervase describes himself as confident and responsible, but has trouble dealing with indecisive people who are afraid of trying new things. His birth date is Nov. 2, 1969.

Colleen Haskell 4th Jury Member
    Colleen
    Biography
    Colleen currently attends college at Miami Ad School where she is working to make a portfolio that she hopes will eventually lead to a job in creative advertising. Previous jobs include working as an intern for Arena Stage in Washington, D.C. and waitressing.

Born and raised in Bethesda, Maryland, she attended college at the University of Georgia in Athens where she was able to study abroad in London, England on a six month internship with the London Film Festival. Upon graduation, she spent two months in Ghana, West Africa followed by two months traveling in France.

Colleen describes herself as talkative, independent and a bit spacey. Her favorite topics at a dinner party are stories and jokes ("I still believe in storytime"). In her spare time, she enjoys traveling and cooking, and prefers to listen to talk radio. An avid lover of French films, she admits that Kevin Costner's "Robin Hood" can still make her cry.

Colleen currently resides in Miami Beach, Florida. Her birth date is Dec. 6, 1976.

Sean Kenniff 5th Jury Member ENTp-Ne
    Sean
    Biography
    The middle child of three, Sean was born in Massapequa, New York. His father worked as a firefighter for New York City while his mother maintained her work as a homemaker. Graduating from Massapequa High School, Sean immediately began his studies the following fall at the State University of New York at Binghamton where he eventually received a Bachelor of Science degree in biology.

While other kids opted for spring break in college, Sean stayed behind to save his money in order to get through medical school. He attained his M.D. through New York Medical College. Upon graduation, he then spent four years with the Long Island Jewish Medical Center (a division of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine), serving his last year as their Chief Resident.

As a neurologist, Sean maintained a private practice that allotted him the privileges to work for the Long Island Jewish Medical Center, the North Shore University Hospital (an affiliate of Cornell University) and St. Francis University Hospital (an affiliate of Columbia University). At age 30, with full intentions of resuming his profession at a later date, he's taken a break to explore other avenues of interest.

An amateur writer, Sean wrote a yet-to-be published psychological thriller which he hopes to someday develop into a television show. He's also written the sequel. He indulges his artistic impulses through sketching and writing poetry. He also finds time for boxing at the Westbury Police Athletic League. .

Sean currently lives in Carle Place, New York. His birth date is Nov. 27, 1969.

Susan "Sue" Hawk 6th Jury Member ESTj
    Susan
    Biography
    Born in Waukesha, Wisconsin, Susan attended Waukesha South Campus High School. Currently employed as a truck driver, she previously owned and operated a hunting and fishing camp in N.W. Ontario, Canada. Prior to that, she worked as a horse trainer and a waitress/bartender.

Susan's three favorite hobbies are hunting, swimming and fishing. She enjoys hunting birds with her dogs, Ellie and Stinky. She describes herself as motivated, resourceful, and flexible. Her favorite television shows are "The Drew Carey Show" and "Who's Line is It Anyway?" Her favorite feature film is "Papillion" (starring Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman) and she prefers to listen to 60's and 70's rock and roll music.

A perfect day for Susan begins at 2:00 AM to walk the dogs. She would be at work by 5:00 AM delivering concrete, and be home by 6:00 PM for a quick run in the woods with husband, Tim, and of course Ellie and Stinky, who would be looking for pheasants. Returning home, they would eat dinner and retreat to the hot tub for a romantic evening.

Susan currently resides in Palmyra, Wisconsin. She is a member of the Wisconsin Road Team, an organization of truck drivers that travel throughout the state to teach student drivers how to share the road safely with big trucks. Her birth date is August 17, 1961.

Rudy Boesch 7th Jury Member ISFj
    Rudy
    Biography
    Rudy joined the Navy in April of 1945 and immediately volunteered for "secret and hazardous duty" with the Amphibious Scouts and Raiders, highly classified naval commando units. In 1951, six years after Scout and Raider training at Fort Pierce, Florida, Rudy completed UDT (Underwater Demolition Teams) training in Little Creek, Virginia, and was assigned to UDT-2 (redesigned as UDT-21 in 1953). He remained in UDT-21 for the next 11 years. During this period, he completed numerous specialized schools and deployed routinely to the Mediterranean and Caribbean areas with the Naval Amphibious Forces. Rudy became a proficient combat swimmer and expert in small-boat operations. In 1962, Rudy was one of the 50 hand-selected officers of the original SEAL (Sea-Air-Land) Team TWO, becoming one of their most distinguished members.

In 1967, Rudy was advanced to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer and, between combat tours, served as the senior enlisted position of Command Master Chief. From 1968-1970, Rudy completed two combat deployments to Vietnam. Among his numerous awards, Rudy earned the Bronze Star Medal for heroic action during more than 45 combat operations. During and after his stint in Vietnam, Rudy was delegated the "Chief SEAL," and set physical and operational standards at SEAL Team TWO.

In the late 1980's, Rudy became the Naval Special Warfare Community "Bull Frog," a distinguishing award presented to the SEAL serving the longest time on active duty. Instead of retiring, Rudy was selected as the Senior Enlisted Advisor to USSOCOM. In August of 1988, Rudy headed to Tampa, Florida and entered into the "inner circle" of the Special Operations Command to advise on all enlisted matters of the Joint command. For his extraordinary performance, Rudy was awarded the Defense Superior Service Medal - an award not often given to an enlisted man.

Master Chief Rudy retired from the U.S. Navy after completing over 45 years continuous activity. He was honorably discharged on August 1, 1990. Rudy and Marge, his wife of 42 years, are now involved in extensive volunteer work. In 1992, Rudy captained a 38' power boat during the "Americas Cup 1992" event. In 1996, he captained a support boat at the Summer Olympic Games. He continues as a Red Cross Volunteer and drives support vehicles and performs essential services during disaster-relief operations. He is also a volunteer for the Virginia Beach Police Department. Involved with many organizations, Rudy is a founding member of the UDT-SEAL Association and a founding member of the Association's Board of Directors, having once served as their President. He is also on the Board of Directors of the Special Operations Fund.

Rudy currently lives in Virginia Beach, Virginia. He and Marge have three children, Ellen Marie, Patricia Ann and Barbara Jean, and one granddaughter, Kelsey. His birth date is January 20, 1928.

Kelly WiglesworthV 15 Runner-Up ESFp-Fi
    Kelly
    Biography
    Kelly is certified in swift water rescue and currently working as a guide on the Kern River in Nevada. She is a former student of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). Previous employment includes a job as an outdoor guide for UNLV's Outdoor Adventures, a campus run outdoor activities organization, and working as a waitress.

When describing herself, she uses the terms "creative," "confident" and "outgoing." Of her many accomplishments, she is most proud of having spent 21 days rowing her own boat through the Grand Canyon and being able to touch her tongue to her nose. She enjoys dancing, whitewater kayaking and snowboarding during her free time. Her favorite television show is "The Simpsons" and favorite feature film is "To Kill A Mockingbird."

Kelly currently resides in Kernville, Nevada, with her boyfriend, Tracy, and her dog, Flower. She is a member of Swiftwater Rescue and supports Friends of the River. Her birth date is June 24, 1977.

Richard HatchI Sole survivor ENTJ-Ni
    Richard
    Biography
    Richard currently runs his own business as a corporate trainer and consultant, conducting seminars on numerous topics including, conflict management, team building, practical negotiation and public speaking. In addition, he is a licensed real estate agent and has worked as a car salesman and bartender. He spent five years in the Army, initially enlisting and then becoming a West Point Cadet.

Richard is halfway through the Masters' program in education and counseling at Providence College in Rhode Island. Past studies have included oceanography and marine biology at Florida Institute of Technology, management at The United States Military Academy and general studies at George Mason University. He earned his Bachelor's degree in Management and Applied Behavioral Sciences through National-Louis University.

Richard describes himself as bright, rational, spontaneous and humorous - "just as comfortable running a meeting in a boardroom as attending the annual nude weenie roast of the American Society of Harley Davidson Enthusiasts." He enjoys provocative and meaningful conversation, any sport involving water (snorkeling, spear fishing, swimming, etc.) and camping.

Richard is from and currently lives in Newport, Rhode Island. He is single and has an adopted son, Christopher. His birth date is April 8, 1961.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And finally my interpretation of what happens in the early episodes:

In da gong show BB tries to form an early alliance with Ramona, which fails due to Ramona being sick and BB attributing this to work ethics and the two fall out later on.
    Others tend to follow BB while laughing at him. Jenna looks up to him. Greg is willing to work with him as is Gretchen but Greg acts sort of like a follower while Gretchen is willing to butt heads. Joel and BB have a sort of alpha male challenge in which Joel gives up.

BB notices quickly that he's out of the group mentality and decides to take himself out early, leaving behind an ever more firmly alphaish group.

Ramona is kicked out next. Gervase tries to save her, possibly partly due to racial reasons. She is perked up by Jenna more than Gervase and feels a liking to her. But Jenna gives up on her. She is voted out early due to general negativity/physical weakness.

In the thuggee tribe...
    In the beginning there is no clear dominance or defining team spirit. The team is slightly 'grave', but no by that much. They split into smaller subgroups quickly.
    Rich and Rudy (+Susan)
    Kelly and Stacey (+Susan)
    Dirk and Sean
    Sonja with sort of everyone.

Now the first vote seems obvious and somewhat meaningless. Sonja is voted out, apparently due to physical weakness but possibly also due to lack of allies.
    Now the end result solidifies Thuggees as a 'grave' tribe. This has serious repercussions later on with the other merry people, Stacey and Dirk voted out next and creating a solid rift between the tribes making it difficult for anyone to jump ship to the other tribe.

But let's say that Stacey gets more aggressive from the start. Let's say that instead of trusting Susan (a mistake) she trusts Sonja and manages to convince Dirk to vote against Rudy. The first vote goes 4-3-1 and Rudy is voted out leaving Stacey in the best position in the tribe social-wise. After that she could go for Susan next, then Sean, then Dirk or Rich, keeping herself constantly at the center of the tribe.

So, Sean and Dirk's decisions early on to go at who they consider the physically weaker members has a tremendous effect on the game.

What I consider to be the pivotal moment of the game is when Stacey is voted out. After that, there's a solid gamma-delta alliance in control. Again Sean and Dirk play the pivotal role, choosing to keep Rudy instead of Stacey. This has been controversial up to the point of Stacey making a law suit of the issue, believing that Mark Burnett convinced Sean and Dirk to switch their votes. For Sean, this was not that bad of a decision (He ended up fifth which was reasonably good). For Dirk, the decision sucked. By this point Dirk should have noticed that he had to make an alliance with Stacey and try to wrangle Sean to join it.

After this the Susan-Rich-Kelly-Rudy alliance formed. Rich has portrayed himself as masterminding everything in the game but it seems that he was actually also the very lucky beneficiary of happy socionical distribution within the tribe and the existence of Susan, who appears to have been the real driving force of events within the team during the early part of the season. At first she made Stacey feel happy of being in team with her and then she betrayed her and got her voted off. Next she pulled Kelly to her and suggested they team up with Rich. Rich, the "Stingray" didn't really have to do jack. It was basically the perfect storm.

The rest of the season was basically set up from there, with one tribe playing the game and one tribe goofing around.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season 2.

The relationships that seem to occur in the early part of the game:

Jerri+Mitchell
    Jerri+Amber
    Jerri-Kel
    Jerri -/+ Colby
    Jerri-Keith
    Maralyn-Jerri
    Mitchell-Keith
    Maralyn+Kel
    Kel + Tina
    Colby + Keith
    Maralyn + Tina
    Mitchell - Maralyn
    Keith + Maralyn
    Keith - Mitchell
    Keith + Tina
    Tina - Jerri
    Kimmi - Alicia
    Michael + Kimmi
    Nick + Alicia
    Jeff-Michael
    Jeff + Alicia
    Michael+Rodger
    Jeff -/+ Debb
    Kimmi-Debb
    Jeff-Kimmi

Tribe members and apparent types (based on first 8 episodes):

Ogakor
    Mitchell INTj
    Jerri ENFj
    Amber INFp
    Keith INTp
    Maralyn ISFj
    Tina INFj
    Colby ISTp
    Kel ESTj

Kucha
    Kimmi ENFj
    Michael ESFj
    Jeff ESTp
    Alicia ESTp
    Rodger ISFp
    Elizabeth INFj
    Debb ESTj
    Nick ISFp (weak typing)

And my interpretation of a number of things during this season.

To start with all bonds in tribe are sort of weak. Jerri and Amber form a slightly stronger alliance. Tina and Keith as well. The obvious socionical core is Keith, Maralyn, Colby and Tina.

Ogakor is basically a tribe of Ixxx. It has internal tension between the older members (Maralyn, Tina, Keith vs. others) and Merry tribe members (Mitchell, Amber, Jerri) vs. Grave ones. The ones that ought to be set up well for the future are Colby and Kel, being young, athletic, and socionically fitting. BUT...

In the beginning there's a Jerri-Colby relationship and Jerri being the pushy person that she is, makes waves. She claims to suspect Kel of cheating game rules. Kel responds by sharing resources with everyone and giving of his own. This does not win him any favors though. Maralyn attacks Jerri for attacking Kel but still sides against Kel as well!?
    Rant-warning: Now I think I really need to point this out. Given that most Fi people are such absolute dumbasses at noticing who is friendly towards them, who is useful to the community and given that they also suck at doing anything useful to help anyone, being ESTj sucks horse ass. Basically you get hated by everyone and you still have to be the good guy. And the people you help yourself, don't give you credit and if they ever do, they still don't give you any help back. But that's the way socionics works.

Basically, I understand the situation this way. In the beginning, Tina and Maralyn aren't really playing. At that stage I suspect they were quite naive. There's three IPs and it's easy to turn them at EJs so that' three votes against Kel and Maralyn and Tina, being the "nice" Fi people that they are, join the majority. And this was all started by a player that was in a weak spot to begin with, Jerri.

Now Kel was a reasonably good physical player and was in a spot in which he should have been able to survive socially but he didn't. Watching the season onwards it is obvious that Jerri's right move would have been to get Tina off first, or if that would have been difficult (since Tina is a seemingly very inoffensive player) the target should have been Maralyn. (From Jerri's pov).
    Now Mitchell seemed also to be a strategic player but he had a very weak position to start the game. His targets should have been Maralyn, Keith and he should have done all he could to save Kel.
    So Jerri went after the wrong target at first and made herself a target while doing that.
    Next voted out is Maralyn. Apparently for physical reasons. And also for not being a member of the young people's alliance. Again Tina sells off a friend. Again Jerri picks the wrong target. Now what's striking is that the 'merry' people who do not have the numbers, are taking over.
    But this move wakes Tina up and she and Keith tighten bonds. Now the story goes that it's Tina who pulls Colby in their group but when I watch the season, Keith seems to have the larger effect at doing that.
    All the time Jerri and Amber act with Colby as if they were acting with an ISTj. Serious mistake. Trusting Colby - serious mistake. He has his own agenda and helps the Tina and Keith weaken the 'merry' alliance. Colby is extremely Te, almost to the point of being INTp, so it's reasonable that he and Mitchell do not have a good relationship. Mitchell becomes their target and he gets ousted due to tie breaker rules.

----

Meanwhile at Kucha
    Kucha is an Exxx and merry tribe to start with. Jeff and Alicia become immediately close to each other. Rodger and Elizabeth become close. Nick stays solo. Michael goes for being just generally popular. Debb and Kimmi just generally do their thing.
    (It's almost hilarious how events in this tribe mirror that of Ogakor's with an ever so slightly different cast)

ENFj Kimmi chooses as her first target ESTj Debb and gets her kicked out first. It's slightly strange that the tribe lets her do this instead of voting out Kimmi herself. Kimmi seems like a weaker player and she seems to grate on people's nerves slightly more than Debb does, yet Debb is the one to go. I would give the credit to the beta aptitude of striking the first blow, which is quite important in this game. Socionics-wise getting rid of Debb is only a bad move for Michael and Elizabeth and both seem to naive in the early part of the game to get it.

The next person they vote out is Kimmi, repeating the story in the other tribe. ENFj takes charge and becomes a target while doing that. Ironically the one to attack Kimmi most strongly is Alicia, who should have actually been her ally in tribe. Alicia and Jeff possess whatever goes for strategic intelligence in the tribe and what they should have done is pick up Kimmi and Michael and draw them to them for voting power with Nick as a fifth wheel. Their target should have been Elizabeth, who slides under the radar as her counterpart Tina does in the other team. Instead the duo just plots together while ignoring the point that there's just two of them and they can't do jack if they're the minority and don't have suitable pawns.

Next the tribe loses Michael who has so far been carrying the tribe's survival aspect in his back and basically made sure that the tribe keeps winning challenges in true Si fashion. Now I'd also like to point out regarding Michael's actions and effect on the game... it's Michael ESFj who hunts the pig with minor help from Nick ISFp. It's Rodger ISFp who slaughters chickens. The tough guy ESTps and ENFj sneer, jeer and shy away. And when Michael gets himself injured the sneering ESTps suddenly notice that they're f****ed.

What follows is a situation of 5 on 5 strategy. Ogakor knows that Jeff is vulnerable to voting due to tie breaking rules and they have to figure out which member of the other team is a suitable target (would have prior votes). Being the "great strategic mind" that he is, Jeff f***s himself in the *** again. First he gives up immunity to get a bit of peanut butter. Then they choose Colby is their voting target!? Now Colby claims to have purposefully made himself a target but when he's shown on the show, it appears that it's a very meek effort. Meanwhile, what possesses Jeff to think the other tribe would have tried to vote out the quiet, strong male in the early part of the game, who knows. Keith should have been their obvious vote-getter and the secondary plan should have been to try to get Jerri or/and Amber to flip. And since they didn't manage that, Jerri should have been the obvious secondary voting choice. Now this still would have probably left Jeff in a bad spot because Elizabeth and Rodger would have turned on him and Alicia later on but at least he would have survived.

What happens next is socionically obvious. Elizabeth and Tina find a soulmate in each other. So do Rodger and Keith. Elizabeth misunderstands the situation and tries to be clever, to pull Tina into their tribe and vote against Jerri, who she immediately hates. She pretends that she is doing this for the tribe of Kucha. Now what basically happens is she slowly flips with Rodger instead but she doesn't like to put it that way. Instead "she's pulling for her team". Right. Again and still, the strategically correct move would probably have been to try to pull in Amber and or Jerri and try to vote off Colby.
    At this point Colby is still the swing vote within his tribe and he's basically cheating Jerri and Amber into believing he's with them.

Rant-warning: Funnily enough the show is presented as if Jerri was the villain and Colby wasn't a jerk. The show consistently portrays EJ types as villains though. This is one of the aspects that makes me believe Jeff Probst is ISTp though I'm not sure how much of the storyline creating is done by him. It's certainly done by some Ip though. For the record I find it ridiculous that Jerri and Coach are on the villains tribe on the heroes vs villains seasons while Cirie is "considered a hero". (Coach's place as a villain should have been taken by JT or Colby.) (Instead the "hero" tribe has males that are ISTp, ISTp, ISFp, ESTj and ISTj, uh-huh?)

The end result is socionics wins. The core of Ogakor, Colby, Tina and Keith pick up Elizabeth and Rodger as alternate members and kick out Jerri and Amber. These alternates thank by not fighting too hard when they are voted out on their turn.

The final quiz question is why does Colby think it's better to go to the end with Tina rather than Keith?

In the final votes Colby ISTp receives votes from the INFp and two ISFps.
    Tina INFj receives votes from ESTp, INTp (possibly anti-colby vote), ENFj (anti-colby vote) and another INFj. In this Alicia seems like the real swing vote. Alicia seemed to have respect for Tina and Elizabeth's cunning strategic minds.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season 3, just notes, work in progress

Boran

Diane Ogden 42, Lincoln, NE Boran ISTj
    Jessie Camacho 26, Orlando, FL Boran ISFp
    Clarence Black 24, Detroit, MI Boran ISFj-Se
    Kelly Goldsmith 22, Rancho Santa Fe, CA Boran ESFj
    Tom Buchanan 45, Rich Valley, VA Boran ESTj
    Lex van den Berghe 38, Santa Cruz, CA Boran ENTj
    Kim Johnson 56, Oyster Bay, NY Boran ISFj-Fi
    Ethan Zohn 27, Lexington, MA Boran Sole Survivor ENFp

Samburu
    Carl Bilancione 46, Winter Springs, FL Samburu ESTj
    Linda Spencer 44, Cambridge, MA Samburu ENFj
    Silas Gaither 23, Germantown, TN Samburu ENTp
    Lindsey Richter Samburu ISTj
    Brandon Quinton 25, Dallas, TX Samburu ISTp
    Frank Garrison 43, Odessa, NY Samburu ISFj
    Kim Powers 29, Conshohocken, PA Samburu INFp
    Teresa Cooper 42, Jackson, GA Samburu INFj

Clarence +/- Jessie
    Diane +/- Clarence
    Ethan+Tom
    Kim P - Frank
    Kim P + Silas
    Jessie + Kelly
    Ethan + Lex
    Tom + Lex
    Frank - Lindsey
    Carl + Frank
    Linda + Teresa
    Jessie + Kim J
    Kim J+ Kelly
    Lindsey +/- Silas
    Clarence-Kelly
    Clarence-Kim
    Clarence-Jessie
    Jessie + Tom
    Silas-Linda
    Brandon-Linda

First alliances: Lex+ Tom, Jessie + Kim, Clarence + Diane, with Ethan being pulled into the Lex+Tom alliance quickly.

Diane faints at end of 1st challenge. Age and physical issues.
    Samburu slit in two along age lines: Teresa, Linda, Carl and Frank against Silas, Kim P, Lindsey and Brandon.

In Boran, the core alliance picks off the second woman, who also doesn't really fit the theme of the tribe. Kudos to Kim who might have been on the block as well, but appears to be able to slide into the group better.

In Samburu, the older members, who also appear to be rationals, and mainly grave ones form a group quickly. The males take charge and want to pull in Silas as fifth member. Bad stupid choice, if I remember correctly made by Carl. The correct choice would be Brandon or Lindsey, but the macho guys just can't take in the apparently gay feller and also the ESTj fails at recognizing mutual interests with the ISTp and chooses someone in whom he recognizes business-like attitude and the ISTj would of course not be the best choice for Carl personally. Silas entertains the idea of joining a larger alliance but correctly recognizes that he would not fit in. So, basically, the others just shouldn't have let the ESTj have his way when making a stupid choice.

The youth alliance is not strong but they're basically united by a common enemy, the older fellers. The situation is made worse by the older people targeting Lindsey for her sickness. The end result is Carl being voted out mainly apparently due to Silas' agitation.
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 03-01-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More incomplete notes, season 4

Vecepia + Sean (partially racial alliance)
    Sean-Sarah
    Sean+Peter
    Neleh+Paschal
    John-Kathy
    Hunter +/- Sean
    Sarah-Peter
    Vecepia+Hunter
    Paschal+Gabriel
    Gabriel-Kathy
    Gabriel+Sean
    Gabriel+Rob
    Rob+Sean
    Hunter +/- Patricia
    Rob + Patricia

Maraamu
    Very resolute tribe
    Peter Harkey 44, Millis, MA ISFp
    Patricia Jackson 49, Lugoff, SC ISTj
    Hunter Ellis 33, La Jolla, CA ENTj
    Sarah Jones 24, Newport Beach, CA INTp
    Gina Crews 28, Gainesville, FL ENTj
    Rob Mariano 25, Canton, MA ESTp
    Sean Rector 30, Harlem, NY ENFj
    Vecepia Towery 36, Portland, OR ISFj

Rotu
    Gabriel Cade 23, Celo, NC INFp
    Johnny "John" Carroll 36, Omaha, NE ENTp
    Zoe Zanidakis 35, Monhegan Island, ME
    Tammy Leitner 29, Mesa, AZ
    Robert "General" DeCanio 38, Queens, NY ISTj
    Paschal English 56, Thomaston, GA INTp
    Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien 47, Burlington, VT ESTj
    Neleh Dennis 21, Layton, UT ESFp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial notes on season 17 Gabon

Ace+Sugar
    Paloma-Ace
    Marcus + Charlie
    Marcus+Corinne
    Kelly - Jacquie
    Kelly + Crystal
    Sugar +Bob
    Sugar + Matty
    Ken+Crystal
    Randy-Gillian
    Matty-Michelle
    Dan+Gillian
    Dan+Matty
    Dan-Michelle
    Marcus+Jacquie
    Marcus+Corinne
    Gc -/+ Randy
    Gillian-Dan
    Gillian+Ken
    Gillian+Susie (partly age and sex-related)
    Gc+Ken
    Gc-Dan
    Crystal-Dan
    Matty-Gillian
    Bob+Ace
    Paloma +/- Corinne
    Corinne+Charles
    Kelly-Ace

Kota
    Paloma Soto-Castillo 23, Downey, CA Kota INTj
    Jacquie Berg 25, Santa Barbara, CA Kota ISTj
    Kelly Czarnecki 22, Buffalo Grove, IL Kota ESTp
    Ace Gordon 27, Naples, FL Kota ENTj
    Marcus Lehman 28, Atlanta, GA Kota ISTj
    Charlie Herschel 29, New York, NY Kota ESFj
    Corinne Kaplan 29, Los Angeles, CA Kota ENFj
    Jessica "Sugar" Kiper 29, Brooklyn, NY Kota INFj
    Robert "Bob" Crowley 57, South Portland, ME[8] Kota ESTj

A strongly rational tribe. Quick alliance formation. Charlie comments of his alliance "It's as we were all thinking with the same brain". Also a clear beta core.

A quick Marcus-Charlie alliance that picks up Corinne and and Jacquie. Corinne sort of
    takes over and brings in Crowley as an added member.

Ace and Sugar immediately bond. Everyone likes Bob but he's not immediately allied with anyone.

Paloma is sort of left out, as is Kelly.

Paloma is first voted out, probably partly because of being a physical weakness. Partly due to having no strong allies. Basically she missed out on the alliance in which she could have been a more reasonable added member than Bob. But she's a conniver and Bob was picked up as someone who just might have been a loyal cat's paw.

Fang
    Michelle Chase 24, Los Angeles, CA Fang INTp
    Gillian Larson 61, Temecula, CA Fang ENTj
    Danny "GC" Brown 25, Portland, OR Fang ISFp
    Dan Kay 32, Boston, MA Fang Rational ESTj
    Randy Bailey 49, Eagle Rock, MO Fang INTj
    Crystal Cox 29, Durham, NC Fang ESTP
    Ken Hoang 22, Westminster, CA Fang INFp
    Susie Smith 47, Charles City, IA Fang INTp
    Matty Whitmore 29, Pacific Palisades, CA Fang ISTp

IP-dominant tribe but the type with two members is INTp and that's not a very good starting point for a controlling alliance. End up with a problematic lack of leadership. Gillian tries to be one, but fails.
    The voteoffs are initially against generally negative, then physically weak members, who happen to be gamma NTs in this case.

After first tribal shuffle Randy quickly joins Charlie, Corrinne and Marcus as another merry rational, replacing Jacquie who ends up in the other tribe and is voted off by irrationals.

Gc is voted off next because he's sort of almost quitting anyway.
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 03-02-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial notes on season 12, Panama

Misty+Sally
    Cirie-Courtney
    Cirie-Shane
    Danielle+Cirie
    Courtney-Bruce
    Melinda+Cirie
    Melinda-Shane
    Bruce+Bobby

Initial Casaya
    Tina Scheer 44, Hayward, WI Casaya ESFj

La Mina
    Misty Giles 24, Dallas, TX La Mina ENTj (weak typing)
    Ruth-Marie Milliman 48, Greenville, SC La Mina ISFj
    Dan Barry 51, South Hadley, MA La Mina ENFp
    Nick Stanbury 25, Tempe, AZ La Mina ESTj
    Austin Carty 24, High Point, NC La Mina INFj
    Sally Schumann 26, Chicago, IL La Mina ESFp (weak typing)
    Terry Deitz 46, Simsbury, CT La Mina ISTp

Delta male alliance + gamma females,

Casaya
    Melinda Hyder 32, Sevierville, TN Casaya ESFp
    Bobby Mason 32, Los Angeles, CA Casaya ISTp
    Bruce Kanegai 57, Simi Valley, CA Casaya ESTj
    Courtney Marit 31, Los Angeles, CA Casaya ENFp
    Shane Powers 35, Los Angeles, CA Casaya ESFj
    Cirie Fields 35, Walterboro, SC Casaya INFp
    Danielle DiLorenzo 24, Pompano Beach, FL Casaya INTj
    Aras Baskauskas 24, Santa Monica, CA Casaya ISFp

Merry alliance of Shane, Danielle, Courtney, Aras, full of drama, sort of dysfunctional.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some notes on season 5, Thailand

Chuay Gahn
    John Raymond 40, Slidell, LA ESFj
    Tanya Vance 27, Kingsport, TN ISFp? (really weak typing)
    Ghandia Johnson 33, Denver, CO ISFj
    Ted Rogers, Jr. 37, Durham, NC ISTj
    Helen Glover 47, Middletown, RI ESTp
    Jan Gentry 53, Tampa, FL INFj
    Clay Jordan 46, Monroe, LA INTp
    Brian Heidik 34, Quartz Hill, CA ENTj

Sook Jai
    Jed Hildebrand 25, Dallas, TX INTj
    Stephanie Dill 29, Fayetteville, AR ISTp
    Robb Zbacnik 23, Scottsdale, AZ ENTp
    Shii Ann Huang 28, New York City, NY INTp
    Erin Collins 26, Austin, TX
    Ken Stafford 30, Brooklyn, NY
    Penny Ramsey 27, Plano, TX
    Jake Billingsley 60, McKinney, TX INFp

John-Ghandia
    Ghandia +/- Ted
    Jan - John
    Clay - Jake
    Ted+Brian
    Helen + Brian
    Clay + Brian
    Jan+Ghandia
    Helen-Jan
    Ghandia-Helen
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 03-07-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial notes, season 11 Guatemala

Gary+Rafe
    Brian+Lydia
    Brian+Gary
    Stephanie-Lydia
    Brianna-Lydia
    Bobby Jon +/- Jaime
    Jaime - Rafe
    Judd+Stephanie
    Judd +/- Jaime

Yaxha
    Morgan McDevitt 21, Decatur, IL INTp? (really weak typing)
    Brianna Varela 21, Edmonds, WA ENFp (really weak typing)
    Brian Corridan 22, New York, NY ESFj
    Amy O'Hara 39, Revere, MA ENTp
    Jamie Newton 24, North Hollywood, CA ESTj
    Gary Hogeboom 46, Grand Haven, MI ISTj
    Lydia Morales 42, Lakewood, WA ESFj
    Rafe Judkins 22, Providence, RI INFp
    Stephenie LaGrossa 25, Philadelphia, PA ESFp

Nakum
    Jim Lynch 63, Northglenn, CO ISFp? (real weak typing)
    Brooke Struck 25, Hood River, OR ENFj (real weak typing)
    Blake Towsley 24, Dallas, TX ENTj
    Margaret Bobonich 43, Chardon, OH ESTj
    Brandon Bellinger 22, Manhattan, KS ISTp
    Bobby Jon Drinkard 28, Troy, AL INFj
    Judd Sergeant 34, Ridgefield, NJ ISFj
    Cindy Hall 31, Naples, FL ENTp
    Danni Boatwright 30, Tonganoxie, KS INFj
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 03-15-2010 at 11:46 PM.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it really possible that there's almost no type repeats at all in any of these..? I mean, is it statistically possible that, say, there are no 2 ENFp-s, no 2 INTj-s, no 2 ESTj-s and so on in almost none of the seasons..? Just wondering

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are type repeats though they are rare. (Except in seasons with contestants from previous seasons). Anyway, far as I understand the casting crew of the show are purposefully attempting to create a cast of some diversity, they select different archetypes which tend to correspond to different socionical roles as well.

Another issue entirely is that there are a lot of people who I could type as either ESFp or ENFp for example (clear EP temperament, clear Fi, but various episodes showing a distribution of Ne vs. Se preference.) So if there are two such individuals in a season, I may type one of them ENFp and the other ESFp to accentuate whatever minor difference I may see in their quadra preference. This is not just a typing illusion though. People tend to change their situational type both as to fit in better, but also so as to find a niche that defines them as individuals and possibly gives them some competitive edge regarding other people who are close to being identical.

(Regarding your original comment)
    On season 20 Heroes vs. villains
    In villain tribe there are I believe:
    2 ENFjs (Coach, Jerri)
    3 ESTps (Sandra, Rob, Tyson)
    2 INTjs (Courtney, Randy)
    1 ENTj (Russell)
    1 INFp (Parvati)
    1 ISFj (Danielle)

In hero tribe there are (I've rethought about this)
    1 INFj (Sugar)
    2 ESTj (Rupert, James)
    2 ISTp (Colby, Tom)
    1 ISFj (JT)
    2 ESFp (Candice, Stephanie)
    1 INFp (Cirie)
    1 ENTp (Amanda)

So it's pretty obvious that the creators of the series are actively making cast selection choices that have a connection to people's socionical type. Moreso, they are actively promoting a moral view of heroism which corresponds to Te-Fi vs. villainy which corresponds to Ti-Fe and choosing a distribution of cast members based on this.
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 05-07-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    On season 20 Heroes vs. villains
    In villain tribe there are I believe:
    2 ENFjs
    3 ESTps
    2 INTjs
    1 ENTj
    1 INFx
    1 uncertain

In hero tribe there are (I've rethought about this)
    1 INFj
    2 ESTj
    2 ISTp
    1 ISFj
    2 ESFp
    1 INFp
    1 uncertain
    Hi smilex, could you name the contestants of the respective types which you have listed above? I would like to know who you are referring to.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi teacher smilex, interesting to see you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    So it's pretty obvious that the creators of the series are actively making cast selection choices that have a connection to people's socionical type. Moreso, they are actively promoting a moral view of heroism which corresponds to Te-Fi vs. villainy which corresponds to Ti-Fe and choosing a distribution of cast members based on this.
    I came to a similar conclusion in the thread below, although there is a good chance that your own old writings have influenced my views on this topic (for better or worse ).

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...c-lists-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    DnD alignments (mostly focussed on their portrayals):

Lawful: Rational
    Chaotic: Irrational

Good: Serious
    Evil: Merry
    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    On a serious note, I think elves, hobbits, dwarves and the like are typically portrayed as Te/Fi quadra types. That's the main basis for the "Serious = good" idea.
    --

Does any of your data indicate that rationals are more likely to form alliances in games like these, or to take initiative in forming alliances with irrationals, when all other conditions are equal?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Hi teacher smilex, interesting to see you back.

I came to a similar conclusion in the thread below, although there is a good chance that your own old writings have influenced my views on this topic (for better or worse ).

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...c-lists-2.html
    You make a lot of sense in that thread. I agree with a lot of what you say.

--
    Does any of your data indicate that rationals are more likely to form alliances in games like these, or to take initiative in forming alliances with irrationals, when all other conditions are equal?
    I think this is exceedingly difficult to ascertain. What is an alliance in the first place? Why do different types try to form them? And don't they have different meanings to different participants?

What I would say about this though, is that rationals and irrationals seem to have different hurdles in the forming of alliances.

From watching survivor seasons, it seems obvious that EJ types tend to take primary initiative in social situations a lot, but our actions are self-destructive as often as useful. It's entirely up to the audience, what follows. Having watched Survivor, the most prolific alliance creators who form teams with everyone and are called snakes by everyone seem to be ENTjs: Richard Hatch of Borneo, Rob Cesternino of Amazon, Jonathan Penner of Cook Islands, Jonny 'Fairplay' of Pearl Islands, Brian Heidik of Thailand, Russell Hantz of Samoa. These were all people who were great at forming superficial, light relationships with people.

The urge to create these alliances does seem to exist in other rationals, but they never quite reach the absurd "skill" of the ENTjs in this particular issue.

As a general rule I'd say that rationals tend to replay alliances that they have had before, when they are on a good mood that is. So they have a general model for how an alliance is supposed to work and they start acting according to it with people with whom they want an alliance. This helps them take the initial steps quickly, but these alliances quickly run into trouble when we start making observations that the particular individual with whom we are trying to have a particular kind of alliance is not functioning according to what we would like to be the "rules" of the alliance.

With irrationals they assume less. They make alliances with each individual separately which takes more time at the beginning, but probably suffers less disappointments.

That's my impression anyway. So yeah, I think you're on the right track in the basic issue but I think it's a bit more complicated than what I've seen you describe the issue on this site.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm aware of the complications and I put a good number of disclaiming statements in that thread in anticipation of them. The mechanism I believe I'm seeing exists on a pretty abstract level and it was probably a bit naive to think it manifests clearly in practical situations like these.

I think the "alliances" that rationals form are also more like formal agreements than those of irrationals. Their attraction/rejection of any person is decided in more absolute terms. Irrationals on the other hand seem to have a vague sense of attraction that never really turns into an absolute agreement.

Anyway, thanks for your comments on the topic and good luck with the rest of the investigation.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tocantins 18
    Initial notes

Brendan +/-Coach
    Coach-Candace
    Coach +/- Sierra
    JT - Carolina
    Debra+Coach
    Debra-Candace
    Candace+Erinn
    Erinn-Coach
    Tyson+Jerry
    Sydney-Erinn
    Brendan-Tyson
    Sydney-Sandy
    Sydney+Joe

Jalapao
    Carolina Eastwood 26, West Hollywood, CA ENTj
    Sandy Burgin 53, Louisville, KY ESFj
    Spencer Duhm 19, Lakeland, FL ENTp
    Sydney Wheeler 24, Raleigh, NC ISTp
    Joe Dowdle 26, Austin, TX INTj
    Tamara "Taj" Johnson-George 37, Nashville, INFj
    Stephen Fishbach 29, New York, NY ENFp
    James "J.T." Thomas, Jr. 24, Samson, AL ISFj

Timbira
    Candace Smith 31, Dayton, OH ESTj
    Jerry Sims 49, Rock Hill, SC Timbira ISTj
    Brendan Synnott 30, New York, NY Timbira ENTj
    Tyson Apostol 29, Lindon, UT ESTp
    Sierra Reed 23, Los Angeles, CA ESFp
    Debra "Debbie" Beebe 46, Auburn, AL ISTj
    Benjamin "Coach" Wade 37, Bolivar, MO ENFj
    Erinn Lobdell 26, Waukesha, WI ESTj

Very much a work in progress. Not all of this makes sense yet.
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 03-14-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    Tocantins 18
    Initial notes

Jalapao
    Carolina Eastwood 26, West Hollywood, CA ENTj
    Sandy Burgin 53, Louisville, KY ESFj
    Spencer Duhm 19, Lakeland, FL
    Sydney Wheeler 24, Raleigh, NC
    Joe Dowdle 26, Austin, TX
    Tamara "Taj" Johnson-George 37, Nashville, ISTp
    Stephen Fishbach 29, New York, NY INTp
    James "J.T." Thomas, Jr. 24, Samson, AL ISFj

Timbira
    Candace Smith 31, Dayton, OH
    Jerry Sims 49, Rock Hill, SC Timbira
    Brendan Synnott 30, New York, NY Timbira ENTp
    Tyson Apostol 29, Lindon, UT ESTp
    Sierra Reed 23, Los Angeles, CA ESFp
    Debra "Debbie" Beebe 46, Auburn, AL
    Benjamin "Coach" Wade 37, Bolivar, MO ENFj
    Erinn Lobdell 26, Waukesha, WI
    Just my opinion:
    Sierra Reed 23, Los Angeles, CA Te-ISTp
    James "J.T." Thomas, Jr. 24, Samson, AL ESFj
    Stephen Fishbach 29, New York, NY Ti-ENTp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Just my opinion:
    Sierra Reed 23, Los Angeles, CA Te-ISTp
    James "J.T." Thomas, Jr. 24, Samson, AL ESFj
    Stephen Fishbach 29, New York, NY Ti-ENTp
    Thank you for the comment.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial notes
    Season 13 Cook Islands

Jonathan +/- Candice
    Yul + Becky
    Jonathan - Jessica
    Jonathan +/- Yul
    Candice + Adam
    Sekou + Nate
    Sundra + Rebecca
    Ozzy- Billy
    Rebecca + Sekou
    JP - Billy
    Ozzy +/-Cristina
    Adam + Parvati
    Nate+ Parvati
    Becky + Jonathan

Pre 1st merge:
    Sekou Bunch 45, Los Angeles, CA Manihiki ISTj
    Vergilio "Billy" Garcia 36, New York, NY Aitutaki ISTj

Main Aitutaki
    Cecilia Mansilla 29, Oakland, CA ESFj
    Anh-Tuan "Cao Boi" Bui 42, Christiansburg, VA ENFj
    Jessica "Flica" Smith 27, Chico, CA ESTp
    Candice Woodcock 23, Fayetteville, NC ESFp
    Jonathan Penner 44, Los Angeles, CA ENTj
    Sundra Oakley 31, Los Angeles, CA ENTp
    Rebekah "Becky" Lee 28, Washington, D.C. INFj
    Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth 25, Venice, CA ISTp
    Yul Kwon 31, San Mateo, CA INTj

Main Rarotonga
    John Paul "J.P." Calderon 30, Marina Del Rey, CA ENTp
    Stephannie Favor 35, Columbia, SC INTp
    Cristina Coria 35, Los Angeles, CA ESTj
    Brad Virata 29, Los Angeles, CA ENFp
    Rebecca Borman 34, Laurelton, NY ESFj
    Jenny Guzon-Bae 36, Lake Forest, IL
    Nathan "Nate" Gonzalez 26, Los Angeles, CA ESFp
    Parvati Shallow 23, Los Angeles, CA INFp
    Adam Gentry 28, San Diego, CA ISTj

Still very tentative
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 03-17-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season 15 China
    Initial notes

Fei Long
    Leslie Nease 38, Tega Cay, SC ISFj
    Aaron Reisberger 32, Venice, CA ISTj
    Jean-Robert Bellande 36, Las Vegas, NV ESTp
    James Clement 30, Lafayette, LA ESTj
    Denise Martin 40, Douglas, MA
    Amanda Kimmel 23, Kalispell, MT ENTp
    Courtney Yates 26, New York City, NY INTj
    Todd Herzog 22, Pleasant Grove, UT ENTp

Zhan Hu
    Steve "Chicken" Morris 47, Marion, VA INTp
    Ashley Massaro 28, East Northport, NY ESFj
    Dave Cruser 37, Simi Valley, CA ISTj (the most stereotypical case possible)
    Sherea Lloyd 26, Atlanta, GA INTp
    Jaime Dugan 22, Columbia, SC
    Michael "Frosti" Zernow 20, Chicago, IL ISFp
    Erik Huffman 26, Nashville, TN ENTp
    Peih-Gee Law 29, Marina del Rey, CA ESFp

Again, quite tentative at this point
    Last edited by Smilingeyes; 03-17-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Amanda from Tocantins/Heroes vs Villains

I've also had a really hard time typing her.

She seems Fi-valuing, likely Fi-ego. And she is excellent athletically in the use of her body, so Si- or Se- ego? But she doesn't seem to be dominant Se.

We never really hear from her that much, and she says in the background, so that might suggest introversion, though i'm not sure.

So I think we can rule out Alpha and Beta. So she's either Gamma or Delta.

Most likely type imo right now based on this: ISFj. Or, INFj. Though her athletic prowess is striking, which makes me think S-type, but on the other hand Parvati is an amazing athlete too, and she's definitely INFp.
    Last edited by Suz; 04-17-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: I meant AMANDA!! (not candace!)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast