Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Se vs Si valuing; how can you tell?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Eheh. I still think that most EJ-Ni don´t really need "pushing", unless they´re depressed; mostly focus and a bit of direction on everyday stuff.
    That's well put. Not sure what you meant by the "pushing" part btw, because I mostly meant this. I didn't mean something crazy.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    @Zero yeah - Se creative does have the aspect of pushing people to do things, it's MBTI where it doesn't have that force/pressure aspect. It's the main way it differs from Si as explained earlier.

It has to be done really creatively, true.
    do you know of a good link or article that explains the difference between description of functions in MBTI and information aspects in socionics? I mean for example how Si in MBTI is difference from Si in socionics and like that?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    do you know of a good link or article that explains the difference between description of functions in MBTI and information aspects in socionics? I mean for example how Si in MBTI is difference from Si in socionics and like that?
    This is the only exhaustive one I've seen https://www.techhouse.org/socionics/essay_jcf.html

It's aestrivex commenting on an analysis done by someone else, I would say aestrivex's comments are better than the original analysis.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the only exhaustive one I've seen https://www.techhouse.org/socionics/essay_jcf.html

It's aestrivex commenting on an analysis done by someone else, I would say aestrivex's comments are better than the original analysis.
    I would never trust comments from niffweed, just my personal opinion, there is usually zero real life insight.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I would never trust comments from niffweed, just my personal opinion, there is usually zero real life insight.
    I don't agree with some of his stuff in general (e.g. his ideas on quadra values), but his corrections of the Aleksei analysis are pretty okay. (The rest of the Aleksei analysis, that wasn't corrected, is good, too.) And his comparison of Si vs Se that I already linked in this thread is one of my favourite articles on Socionics Sensing because it's really spot on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Your caregiver in turn View Post
    If you are calm, lazy and obsessed with sensorial stuff then Si.
    If you like to boss around ppl then Se.
    If you like to be bossed around and have detailed instructions then Se PoLR.
    If you are evil or stressed then Si PoLR.
    what does the last one mean.. if you're evil or stressed?

I'm a calm person on the outside but on the inside i'm very inpatient and restless..
    I do boss people around once in a while but I dont like to boss people I just like to take care of shit on my own
    I HATE being bossed around or told what to do and I like to figure things out on my own
    the last one i'm not sure what that means..

which one am I valuing?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    Let me preface this by saying this just my own observation and not based on anything in articles. It also pertains most to Si/Se in Leading, Creative or Mobilizing.

Si
    Appreciation for what is "natural" looking.
    Make relaxing a priority [I relax a lot but cant say its a priority]
    Tend to see the value in daily body care (lotions, scrubs, sauna trips)
    Picky, sensitive about: decor, perfumes, diet, anything that affects their internal state
    Do not like loud or stressful environments (i.e. clubs, smokey bars) [at times]
    Physical comfort is important
    Will provide physical care to those they love and will appreciate care given to them (i.e. cooking for one another) [once in a while]
    Will not physically stress the body unless very necessary
    Gentle in their approach to love and appreciate gentleness in others
    Try to maintain an internal homeostasis. Keep their mood and others calm [not natural for me but I try to]
    Enjoy harmony in their relationships and their internal state
    Safety and peace are high values
    Enjoy cozy spaces
    High value on good food, gourmet snacks and new food experiences
    Do not like to be pressured [mostly]
    Highly value aesthetics, symmetry, good furniture (SLI, ESE, SEI especially)
    Naturally more maternal/paternal in friendships and relationships
    Excellent memory or "database" of physical and sensory experiences
    Can easily tell the physical state, comfort, mood and health of others
    Soft appearance and voice (expect LSE can be loud, and ESE can be emotional loud)

Se
    Have the endurance to follow through with difficult situations and challenges
    Preference for "pushing" themselves physically (at the gym, competitive sports)
    Can endure physical hardships easily and enjoy them (long hiking trips, camping in the winter etc. etc.)
    Enjoy more risk taking activities [like driving fast, thats about it]
    View "caretaking" (cooking) for the ones they love as not as important or useful in a relationship
    Enjoy a challenge in a relationship [hate this]
    Can be playfully rough with loved ones
    Can be quite loud and boisterous (LSI, ESI at home on occasion) [once in a while]
    Not bothered by loud experiences and environments (clubs, bars, adventurous/slightly risky motorcycle or ATV rides) [I enjoy these environments sometimes]
    Not afraid of negative emotions- can express them and tolerate them
    Do not care if they feel at peace internally (may not apply to ESI, SEE) [won't say I dont care, more that it doesnt come naturally, i'm usually restless on the inside]
    Will not try to preserve a calm atmosphere if "pissed off" [true at times]
    Confident in their physical desires (may not apply to EIE)
    Enjoy leading in many cases and in their careers many enjoy leadership roles
    Appreciate others who work hard and have high expectations for others work tolerance [dont care about this]
    "Work Hard, Play Hard" mentality
    Not afraid to pressure to be pressured- can handle it [at times, other times it can be annoying]
    Look more rugged/athletic (esp. true in SLE, LSI, SEE they can be very athletic looking). EIE is more delicate looking.
    Strong emotionally [at times]

I relate to both equally ...

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spaceynyc View Post

I'm a calm person on the outside but on the inside i'm very inpatient and restless..
    I do boss people around once in a while but I dont like to boss people I just like to take care of shit on my own
    I HATE being bossed around or told what to do and I like to figure things out on my own
    the last one i'm not sure what that means..

which one am I valuing?
    Se valuing, and probably an intuitive since you need me to explain what being evil or stressed means.

You are welcome.
    Last edited by Hope; 08-24-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spaceynyc View Post
    which one am I valuing?
    Depends... do you grow rams horns from your forehead?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Your caregiver in turn View Post
    Se valuing, and probably an intuitive since you need me to explain what being evil or stressed means.

You are welcome.
    What if you are only evil when stressed?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    What if you are only evil when stressed?
    Se.

According socionics Se=evil, so I put stressed because stressed ppl is often evil.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Here's a shorter one from wikisocion, I didn't remember this one before - http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...g%27s_Typology

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd put this more as, Si values having sensory experience for its own sake just satisfying their current inner needs of the moment over pressuring people/things to get their object of desire (Se). So this includes comfort for Si but it includes many other things like the enjoyment of the internal effect of adrenaline and movement in sports etc, as long as that's the activity that would contribute the best to their inner needs in the moment, while in another moment it might be rest that's best for the inner needs. Homeostasis is kept in this way yet with Si being a dynamically changing Irrational element, instead of constant sameness.

So yah, it's really weird how Si gets interpreted in different ways. Some people go for this narrow interpretation of Si = comfort while there are type profiles about Si like this (it's in jest but still): http://definitive-socionics.wikidot....istp-daredevil

Another really good way to compare Si vs Se is focus on internal vs external demands. See: https://www.techhouse.org/socionics/sensorics.html

Yeah, Si demonstrative of LSI is going to be strong enough to be able to relate to both. But which one you consciously focus on more is the one that's in your Ego block.
    From what I notice about myself is that si is " safe sensation" tried and true sensations with little experimentation.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123