Thread: why don't some reinin dichotomies match or fit together?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen thanks for the book, just ignore this part of personality theories, it is ridiculous, is Julian Assange a "good-natured tag along"? I think not

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    @Aylen thanks for the book, just ignore this part of personality theories, it is ridiculous, is Julian Assange a "good-natured tag along"? I think not
    I had a hard time seeing myself as a Tag-along since I can take a leadership role when I have or want to, even if I am funny sometimes. I think it is easy for some to see it that way when they are unaware of underlying dynamics. I would say my IEI brother is often offering more comic relief than I am. I didn't realize Assange was typed IEI but I don't know much about him other than the crimes he is accused of.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The Reinin book is available for download here if anyone wants to read it. It is very, colorful, which didn't bother me but some might not like it. You can always change the color.

I read the whole thing which is basically his type descriptions and a history of socionics from his perspective. I think some of it is good and some is off. I think at first I felt a bit offended by his examples but it was due to a forum member presenting it a certain way putting their own spin on it. Aftering reading it myself I could see what he was getting at in a more general way. I mean who really wants to be portrayed as easily led so I had a bit of a gut reaction to the suggestion but after consideration I can say he was correct in a more general sense. I never liked the IEI descriptions that suggested they are "tag-alongs" but it is the word itself that was a bit offensive not the general idea since it can be true. I don't know if that came from Reinin but after reading the book I assume it was influenced by him.

From Reinin:

At least he offers some advice. I am an advocate of making more conscious choices and not just falling in with a group because I let myself be carried away. I do have a will of my own and I can say no but, tbh, a lot of it was fun, even if it got me into a lot of trouble. I can relate to the part I put in red. Getting myself out of tricky situations has been a skill that I didn't appreciate enough when I was younger. I am just more aware and make more conscious choices now. I felt put off by the whole thing when I first read it similar to when I read E4 descriptions. It made me take a good look at myself and by doing that I felt more freedom.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Reinin-s-Book
    Thanks for the link, I've read it about twice already but I'll give it another (last) chance. I'll say this: when he gets a type right he gets it really right, when he doesn't I mean if I was to depend on him to figuring out my type I'd still be in the dark, neither of the potential ones would fit me as described by him. The man liked his hyperbole and melodrama, sometimes I wonder if he even was interested in real people.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I didn't realize Assange was typed IEI but I don't know much about him other than the crimes he is accused of.
    he is a very important figure in the modern world and has offered a very original way of thinking