Thread: Slade

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Slade

I'm putting up a thread for mostly anyone that would like to discuss it. I don't plan on doing questionnaires or videos, but I can answer specific questions.
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey Slade, in your own words can you describe what you understand the differences between ethics and logic to be, and how that manifests in personality, specifically in regards to how ethical v logical egos present themselves

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you defeated the Teen Titans yet?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the eigenvalues of the real differentiation operator?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmmm I like you. Let's see. Why did you choose this avatar picture? I'm actually very curious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

your avatar points to I type

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

your house is surrounded by zombies. what do you do?

your significant other hasn't responded to your calls or texts in a week and you don't know why. describe what's going through your head and how you deal with it.

what thoughts go through your head when you see this picture?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Hey Slade, in your own words can you describe what you understand the differences between ethics and logic to be, and how that manifests in personality, specifically in regards to how ethical v logical egos present themselves
    I had a difficult time with this one, and almost defaulted to saying that I couldn't come up with a concise and accurate summation of the differences. A few of the definitions I came up with applied to both upon further inspection. The most accurate way I can describe is is that logic/ethics has to do with particular types of rationality (these are, rationality of the mind (logic) and rationality of the heart (ethics)).

In terms of how they present themselves, I don't think there is anything that can be said that unequivocally separates both in terms of presentation. Many times, traits that are typically associated with a logical (cold, inexpressive) can be easily replicated by an ethical type for a variety of reasons and situations. There can be certain visual cues and so forth, but I don't trust these to be reliable across all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    Have you defeated the Teen Titans yet?
    Yes. Have you defeated Jiren?

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Say you're walking in a park, are you observing your surroundings most of the time, or in your head? If in your head, what are you most likely thinking about?

If you had to choose one - Living in a world without music or living a world without color? Why?
    1. I alternate between both. When I am in my head, I think about what I will be doing when I reach my destination. If I have a class, and I have to talk to a teacher, I will run the interaction in my mind. If I have a project, I will think about what I need to do once I arrive to further my project (write up this document, etc. like a task list). If its a party Ill get an image of what the party will be like, who will be there, a 'scene' of it. They're all images, of things that I expect will more or less be happening shortly. Things don't always turn out how I imagine, but its more so to get a sense of what I need to be doing. Otherwise, Im looking around at my surroundings, at the buildings, at the people, or anything interesting.

2. Living without music, easily. If I'm not talking to someone, I'm listening to music. I had to think about the why of this, and why music has contributed so much to my life. Color, at least to me, is one dimensional. I would only be losing one aspect of aesthetics. Music is multidimensional in terms of what it does for me (emotions, perspectives, motivation, etc). It has much more of an influence on my as a person and the way I experience existence. If I got rid of color, I could play around with aesthetics in other ways. I wouldn't be able to compensate for music. I suppose that color can also be multidimensional in terms of the way they are used in art pieces, for example, different colors could entirely change the meaning of a given work. But for me, art is more so about aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    What are the eigenvalues of the real differentiation operator?
    I thought about like 5 different ways of answering this, but I would rather just pretend you didn't ask me this

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Hmmm I like you. Let's see. Why did you choose this avatar picture? I'm actually very curious.
    Isolation, loneliness, darkness, etc. Themes that have stayed with me. Captures the feeling pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post

your significant other hasn't responded to your calls or texts in a week and you don't know why. describe what's going through your head and how you deal with it.

1. Depends on how may zombies there are. I would get in a car and run them over if there weren’t many, otherwise my first thoughts would be to get as many supplies and weapons as I could and get to the roof. I would have to survey the situation from there to figure out what to do.

2.Its hard to picture this situation, because it wouldn’t take me a week to figure out something was wrong so it puts me in an unnatural place. Assuming this was the case though, and I didn’t have access to any social media/friends/ etc that would give me some quick information I would just go to their house.

3. First thought was that they look like sperm, second thought was why is this guy ejaculating out of his chest. I tried it again from a different perspective, and I thought about a soul leaving that guys body to join up with another soul that has come for him, possibly lovers.
    Last edited by Slade; 11-01-2017 at 01:19 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post

Your methods...!!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

What 3 songs would be on the soundtrack of your life, to this point, and why?

Possibly more later or follow ups.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had a difficult time with this one, and almost defaulted to saying that I couldn't come up with a concise and accurate summation of the differences. A few of the definitions I came up with applied to both upon further inspection. The most accurate way I can describe is is that logic/ethics has to do with particular types of rationality (these are, rationality of the mind (logic) and rationality of the heart (ethics)).

In terms of how they present themselves, I don't think there is anything that can be said that unequivocally separates both in terms of presentation. Many times, traits that are typically associated with a logical (cold, inexpressive) can be easily replicated by an ethical type for a variety of reasons and situations. There can be certain visual cues and so forth, but I don't trust these to be reliable across all situations.
    this is great, thank you. the reason I ask is because I feel like this is one of those things can never be articulated well enough, but getting multiple informed viewpoints on it is basically the closest we can come to nailing it down. and further, I'm sort of taken by the idea that how people understand this distinction defines how they fall in relationship to it. anyway I feel like your willingness to not conclusively answer and rather just admit the crossover in appearance is a kind of Te style judgement. you sort of defined it on the back end without going into the mechanics too much. it got the job done, rather elegantly, in other words

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    I thought about like 5 different ways of answering this, but I would rather just pretend you didn't ask me this
    Wrong. The answer is all real numbers. d/dx(e^(ax)) = ae^(ax).

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Have you defeated Jiren?
    I look forward to the challenge.

ps- You'll never get away with this, Slade.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    What 3 songs would be on the soundtrack of your life, to this point, and why?

Possibly more later or follow ups.
    I think a significant portion of how I have formed was due to a pretty heavy disillusionment with reality, and with people and the nature of people I have met throughout my life. So as a result of that, there's been a theme of struggling with my own humanity and spirituality while sort of seeing things around me fall to pieces. I went ahead and picked out 4 songs to try and create a picture through music of this overall theme, and the different stages I went through regarding my mentality:

1. A Whole New World - Aladdin

I was trying to find a song that would sort of fit the childlike naivety I saw the world in, and I think this song does a decent job of it. My goal was really to try and find a piece here that would convey elements of a saccharine view of the world and idealism. This piece has elements of exploration, wonder, and excitement which I much more resonated with when I was younger.

2. Eurythhmics - Sweet Dreams

This song was to convey a sense of a transitioning point, where I started becoming aware more of the 'evils' that existed in the world after broadening my experience. Drugs, abuse (sexual and emotional), vices (greed, gluttony, etcc), all that kind of stuff falls in line here. Realizing that things I had grown up believing weren't really what they seemed to be, and neither were the people. I think, in retrospect, this may be where my struggle between being of the world and 'beyond' it began.

3. Flyleaf - Arise

"Im tired. I dont have anything left to give, but if I accept that this world is true then I dont want to live in it anymore. So I need to hold on to the world I thought was real, not out of naivety but out of desperation. Even if I know these things dont really exist, and maybe cant ever really exist, I have to hold on to them anyway and find it where I can and hope against everything telling me otherwise." Might not make the best sense, but this one was really difficult to articulate.

4. NF - Mansion

This one describes my present state, and it's really the only one I wanted to post. I couldn't explain myself any better, so I'll just let the song do it for me. Here are the links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJLOCAWkRoc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLmfSvy4rmo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnsALhwxjzo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibWdgkv1LSA

@Aylen

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Slade

Thank you for the response. It was more than I expected and I wanted to do more than just "like" it but I don't have the words. I can relate more than I thought I would.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    I'm not completely sure about your type, but so far you remind me of a mixture of both @squark and @Aylen. I think Se/Ni quadra is probably more likely.
    LSIEILI

YWIMW

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't interact that much, how do you expect us to have enough data to attempt to type you successfully?

You have no idea at all about your type ?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say you're an ego type. Probably ILI since you practically seem to have this disillusionment with people as "fake", which seems to surface a lot with PoLR.

I'm slightly uncertain about it, though, since you don't seem to meet that disillusionment with absolute disdain. More like a greater sense of loss.

Do you tend to have more of a problem with people because you perceive them as fake, or would you have more of a problem working for an institution you perceive as corrupt?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my feeling is ILI, but its too much of a pain in the ass to untangle my impressions to substantiate it. I would see almost any introverted type as plausible.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is SLI and 6w5

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    I would say you're an ego type. Probably ILI since you practically seem to have this disillusionment with people as "fake", which seems to surface a lot with PoLR.

I'm slightly uncertain about it, though, since you don't seem to meet that disillusionment with absolute disdain. More like a greater sense of loss.

Do you tend to have more of a problem with people because you perceive them as fake, or would you have more of a problem working for an institution you perceive as corrupt?
    I wouldn't personally say that I have a problem with fakeness itself. If I do, then the terms my mind uses to label that must be something that I don't recognize. I have more of a problem with the reason why someone is acting in a certain way. Taking fakeness as an example, you can fake a feeling/impression in a situation to make someone feel more welcome (even if you yourself don't feel that way) or you can fake liking someone despite hating them and spread gossip behind their back. They are both significantly different to me, but both can be described as fake. Motivation, intentions, degree, and circumstances are much more telling. Similarly, I don't view people as being strong or weak, as much as I view people as making strong or weak decisions. Truthfully, I'm not sure what value the label of 'fake', even has. That's not to say I am against labeling, I just think this particular one is useless. It doesn't mean much to label someone that, it tells you very little about them. So, I would have much more of a problem working for a corrupt institution.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post

You have no idea at all about your type ?
    Ethical > Logical

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't personally say that I have a problem with fakeness itself. If I do, then the terms my mind uses to label that must be something that I don't recognize. I have more of a problem with the reason why someone is acting in a certain way. Taking fakeness as an example, you can fake a feeling/impression in a situation to make someone feel more welcome (even if you yourself don't feel that way) or you can fake liking someone despite hating them and spread gossip behind their back. They are both significantly different to me, but both can be described as fake. Motivation, intentions, degree, and circumstances are much more telling. Similarly, I don't view people as being strong or weak, as much as I view people as making strong or weak decisions. Truthfully, I'm not sure what value the label of 'fake', even has. That's not to say I am against labeling, I just think this particular one is useless. It doesn't mean much to label someone that, it tells you very little about them. So, I would have much more of a problem working for a corrupt institution.
    That sounds more IEI. I would also consider EII.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm putting up a thread for mostly anyone that would like to discuss it. I don't plan on doing questionnaires or videos, but I can answer specific questions.
    definitely some logical type. my guess would be lsi

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ethical > Logical
    why do you think you are ethical?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    why do you think you are ethical?
    The way that logical types look at things does not come natural to me, but the way ethical types do does - and that includes correlative strengths that would be respective to these types as well as weaknesses.

I rarely if ever ask for help with anything ethical related. Trying now, I can't even come up with an example of when that would be the case. It's not that I don't make mistakes here, but I'm confident in my ability to fix those mistakes if they do happen because I know how to navigate that territory. The same isn't true with Ti or Te, outside of very specific areas.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

do you think you value fi or fe?

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The way that logical types look at things does not come natural to me, but the way ethical types do does - and that includes correlative strengths that would be respective to these types as well as weaknesses.

I rarely if ever ask for help with anything ethical related. Trying now, I can't even come up with an example of when that would be the case. It's not that I don't make mistakes here, but I'm confident in my ability to fix those mistakes if they do happen because I know how to navigate that territory. The same isn't true with Ti or Te, outside of very specific areas.
    Hmm...it comes to my mind that one can be logical and just use logic to find good ways (tactics or strategy) to deal with emotional situations or problems having certain previous experiences.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This cleared up one question I had.
    I know a female IEI both personally and professionally, and she once told me (Mr. Te) that she needed me to be in some meetings with a joint customer. I was puzzled, because she is masterful at customer relations, and I assumed that my Te would hurt her. But evidently, she was putting her feelings aside to improve the outcome.
    Her Fe skills just astound me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    do you think you value fi or fe?
    How could I come to this conclusion in a way that is not biased? Would there be a way to test for this?

It seems to me this can be easily mistaken. To my understanding, valued functions aren't necessarily always pleasant so I'm not sure what would be a proper indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Hmm...it comes to my mind that one can be logical and just use logic to find good ways (tactics or strategy) to deal with emotional situations or problems having certain previous experiences.
    You can definitely learn through experience, but applying logic to solve relational issues is the same as using emotions to try and figure out a math problem. I have seen learning through experience, and people attempting to strengthen weaker functions, if even just a little bit, to deal with specific situations. Applying informational elements, though, to areas they aren't suited for usually results in exacerbating problems (in my experience). They have limited uses outside of their own respective realms. I think this is part of what maturing is, is to know when to apply what function and when it isn't suitable (and consequently when to allow others to take care of something) . Immaturity, then, is partly trying to jackhammer your strengths into everything, of which I'm sure we've all met people like this.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Slade okay heres an easy one: si or se valuing

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Se
    ti or te valuing

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The impression you gave me even before this thread was ILI.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    ti or te valuing
    Se/Ni is the only pair I feel comfortable answering. The others, I'm not so sure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of that other fellow that pops up every so often .... what was his name again, @Pookie.

I like your posts and I like your avatar too, it makes me wonder if you're like that IRL, walking around listening to music (as you say you often do), with your hoodie up hidden within it's shroud.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought a lone wolf “typing daredevil” kinda ILE-Ti before. Nothing in what you wrote about yourself supports that though.