Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FANXY CHILD seeks a type

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Ti PoLR with all the contradictory statements and all these exclamations seem a bit ungrounded too, so maybe IEE

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FANXY CHILD View Post
    I somehow skipped this post before.

Yeah by now I'm used to disparate results. in MBTI I get ENTP and xSTP in online tests, but the official assessment (took it twice for my job) says I'm xNTJ

You judge people based on yourself, yeah I don't do that, at least not consciously. I think it's because I've always been aware (had no choice either) that I was different from people around me, it was difficult to relate to my age peers in any way that wasn't surface level. All that rejection I suffered for many years later on reinforced that notion of me =/= others. I can count on my ability to predict the emotional reactions of people I've observed for some time, but I don't assume anything about people I don't know. Maybe it's because I have been on the other side of projection myself, like my mom knows me for 20 years and yet she's always trying to guess what I'm thinking and gets it wrong all the time. Go tell her that though, she's convinced she knows what's going on (but has been fooled by her image of others her whole life, builds them up then gets let down) it's that +that drives me up the wall. I've learnt not to argue with certain types, just change the subject or walk away, specially in cases like this, because even though she's raised me we have a very different set of morals, and while she's way too judgy in certain subjects, she also gives a pass to things I can't overlook. Our definitions of "good people" is pretty different, too.

I find ILIs to be, how should I put it, normal? There's nothing about them that variants the internet obsession with them IMO, but that's not a bad thing. I just don't see anything to obsess about, people either love or hate them but are nonetheless fixated. I guess it's the whole "mystery" thing, which I'm not interested in at all, maybe because for all my extroversion I'm still considered a mystery myself. I'm not really active in the area of contacts, so I don't know how would that turn out. People I have reached out first had been picked either for necessity in the moment (I knew I'd need a partner for assignments, so it was easier to make a permanent friend to fill in that role) or ones with whom I had a clear common interest and even then, it was more of a meet me halfway thing. I have some ILI friends on another forum, I really enjoy talking to them because they're so focused on the subject and not inclined to start drama or derail the convo. Only complain is they're too dry, they have little sense of humour IMO which I know it's not the actual true, I guess we just don't connect in that area. I love their explanations of concepts, no frills just the core essence in a concise concrete way, really good at providing me with examples and applications of concepts too. Level headed and respectful.

The IEIs I know (there's three of them, all guys) are just too cute, specially when they get mad, it's difficult to keep a straight face. I notice a big difference between the subtypes in this case, they also don't seem to click that well with each other. With the IEI-Fes the exchanges are easy and sleek, but definitely more surface level. You get the sense they're always trying to tie you down by involving you in their causes (not always social in the "justice" sense), they try and get things resolved between people too. The EIE-Ni is one of my best friends, the one I mentioned helped me take that test. I miss him dearly, thankfully he's into writing ridiculously long emails like me, so at least there's that. I like that he gives me the space I need, but makes himself available and receptive if I want to talk. Ironically for a Ego he lacks timing, too little confidence and too much thinking sometimes, but oh dear, does he have the gift for understanding. Very intellectually curious, it's good because you don't have to regulate yourself in front of him in that sense. Into the same shit I am like the Illuminati, quantum physics and philosophy. He's MUCH more erudite than I am though (and sometimes more techincal), a very intricate vocabulary and can be nit picky. Really sweet all of them are though, like Winnie The Pooh in human form. Great huggers.

About my mom's prejudices: she was born and raised in South Korea so you get the gist. Thought homosexuality was a choice, that people were making life difficult for themselves, that they could try and change. Then accepted it but thought bisexuals were perverts, that they should pick a "side". Then accepted that but was against gay marriage and adoption. These days she's a LGBT supporter who actually defends them against people who make distasteful or ignorant comments on them. Has gay and transvestite friends. Doesn't bet an eyelash at gay sex scenes. Crazy right but she came a long way. It wasn't easy at all, sometimes got ugly and tiring but I don't regret it, it was worth it.
    E4 stance is what I read out of that in the first part, also from the second paragraph with the mystery component. Okay, can you define how this judgy attitude of hers clashes with how you handle people? Also interesting to know would be your definition of good people and how you prefer to associate with them.

Ok, you approve of an ILI because of their lack of and how they apply logics ( explanations/concepts in particular), but not their PoLR. Points to Beta values, especially since you're more fond of IEI here, although the guy you described could also fit LSI or LII in some way, just a gut feel.

Okay, got it! Good efforts.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Ti PoLR with all the contradictory statements and all these exclamations seem a bit ungrounded too, so maybe IEE
    Ok thanks for participating Really not -valuing?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Ok thanks for participating Really not -valuing?
    Np Just seems Ep instead of Se valuing.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Np Just seems Ep instead of Se valuing.
    Ok! Since you're the expert, what else strikes you about use (or the lack of it)?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Ok! Since you're the expert, what else strikes you about use (or the lack of it)?
    OP doesn't seem like she'd ever constrain herself inside a system.

I'll add quickly, these were very Ne base with some Fi:

I said most of it already, but other things include coming for me so I can advice them on people ("who I should trust?", "is he/she into me?", "why are they mad at me?", things like that) or important decisions ("which option should I take?", I help them see the pros and cons and probable consequences) or difficult situations they find themselves in ("how do I get out of this?").

The fact that I'm so dependent on my mood and internal state to do things I have to but dislike it's a big frustration to me, my attention also seems to have a mind of its own and only really works on things I enjoy. Forcing myself to do boring or unpleasant things takes a lot of effort and keeping myself in constant vigilance, I become the opposite of how I am normally.

There are more examples of these things in OP's descriptions but this is already pretty clear IMO.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@darya Oh! New viewpoint, grazie! If 3 core, ENTj > other NTs. And 4-wing > 2-wing, what do you think?

Maybe @squark can specify the sociotype notion if she wants and gets through all the information here? We need more clarity to detangle things. Would be great if she joined! #DualsAssemble
    I just don't see Fi creative and 4d Fe person being this unconfident in relationships, emoting and opening up and being described by others as secretive, aloof and stone-faced. Also the supposed harshness and strictness at work, demanding respect (being hung up on it) - how is that IEE? What was also with mbti evaluation for work where they pinned him as XNTJ twice if I remember? As wrong as they may go, I'm seeing it hard to believe he's really ESFP and they thought he might be INTJ??
    Whatever I might be totally off, he should post pics and video, these questionnares are shit anyway and that's why I prefer not to comment on them. It's all just mental masturbation on an illusory person; ) Frankly, I think a bunch of people get mistyped via questionnaires and when you see them on video it's creepy how different they are.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Myst alright!
    @darya Good idea with the video, and the logics > ethics part you saw. Cute, Fanxy is female

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I just don't see Fi creative and 4d Fe person being this unconfident in relationships, emoting and opening up and being described by others as secretive, aloof and stone-faced. Also the supposed harshness and strictness at work, demanding respect (being hung up on it) - how is that IEE? What was also with mbti evaluation for work where they pinned him as XNTJ twice if I remember? As wrong as they may go, I'm seeing it hard to believe he's really ESFP and they thought he might be INTJ??
    Whatever I might be totally off, he should post pics and video, these questionnares are shit anyway and that's why I prefer not to comment on them. It's all just mental masturbation on an illusory person; ) Frankly, I think a bunch of people get mistyped via questionnaires and when you see them on video it's creepy how different they are.
    I agree on the questionnaires and on how it can be an illusory person compared to videos lol.

But I think Fi creative works for OP. You yourself noticed how contradictory the stuff is, mainly the self-report parts but also the parts where she says she's called aloof stone-faced then she says she's called passionate. Direct argument for Fi creative: she gives advice to others on relationships, predicts emotional reactions of people, figures people out in general easily etc. She gives a lot of subjective feely evaluations, too.

As for mbti evaluation for work: it was just a test, same self-reporting as with the online tests.

IMO no way this person is NT or ILI. I've never seen any NT present themselves in this way let alone an Fe PoLR type.

Anyway, that's all the input I can give, and I'm out of here with that, no time to analyze more.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I agree on the questionnaires and on how it can be an illusory person compared to videos lol.

But I think Fi creative works for OP. You yourself noticed how contradictory the stuff is, so like she says she's called aloof stone-faced then she says she's called passionate, and she gives advice to others on relationships, predicts emotional reactions of people, figures people out in general easily etc. She gives a lot of subjective feely evaluations, too.

As for mbti evaluation for work: it was just a test, same self-reporting as with the online tests.

IMO no way this person is NT or ILI. I've never seen any NT present themselves in this way let alone an Fe PoLR type.

Anyway, that's all the input I can give, and I'm out of here with that, no time to analyze more.
    Hmm ok, the IEE's I know wouldn't describe themselves this way at all (not as children, not now), but I guess anything is possible. ILI seemed not really likely to me btw.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FANXY CHILD You wrote a lot of things that are relatable to people of many different types. Of course personal descriptions will be contradictory, as people don't act the same in all circumstances and perspective can change how we view any trait, especially when it's in comparison to other people. So, I don't think that says you're Ti polr, instead it says you're honest and not trying to fit the mold of a particular type. (Ti polr shows up in contradictory reasoning as in not following how one thing is related to another, and I'm not seeing that here) Dynamic and rational are the only things that I picked up from your initial post. I'd take a look at LIE and LSE first of those. My 2c

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a very long, detailed post replying to every post made since I last been here. Windows decided to shut down my computer just before I hit submit. I need some time to recover, then I'll redo it.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that sux

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bertrand

I don't have the strength to write everything I lost on my original reply, but none of what you've described fits. I wanna be healthy so I don't die, it's as simple as that. I did a lot of damage to my body during my depressed self destructive teens and it recently caught up with me. I went to the hospital for the first time and found out I had the same condition that killed my grandfather and I'm still in treatment. I always pick "protect my resources" and "restrain myself, underdo" in tests because that's what I do, if something feels taxing I just don't do it. "Lazy" and "princess" are words I've had thrown at me as an insult since ever, so really, if anything I should push myself harder. I have little stamina unless we're talking dancing, and I'm the one regulating not only IEE's mother terrible lack of sense in basic necessities as well as my teammates, making sure no one burns out. People who don't know me and only see the results I bring think I'm a workaholic, when the truth it's just that I can get a lot done in a short while seamlessly, and then I'm free do relax. I do things I naturally excel at, and in other areas I'm kinda like Peter Parker: talented, but lazy.

Interesting you'd mention Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Grey was like my coming of age story, I called it "the book of my life" because I identified so much with Harry. I used it as a moral measuring tool for years, I'd reread it to see how much I had changed.

That test has very different definitions of the dichotomies compared to the Wikisocion ones. I also don't think the dichotomies itself work as they are intended to at the moment either. Too simplistic and dogmatic.
    @darya

After reading your post I was immediately reminded of this Oprah gif:

Interesting to notice she's also EIE, it's seeking in action.

What you see as contradictions I see as standard human complexities. It's not a "I'm so unique and special snowflake" thing, it's an "I'm an actual person and not a cutout board or 2D online description" thing. I find it weird that an + Ego would have such difficulty in reconcile different facets and traits of a person, at least my IEI friends excell at this. I see rigidity and narrowness in your thinking in different areas than mine. Addressing the points you've made:

-Tests questions are mostly based on behaviour, not cognition. I find myself struggling between choosing the option of how I act because I have to and how I would act if I had no worries in life.
    -You're extremely off in the Enneagram department, so I won't further comment. Also, both E5 and ILI? Come on.
    -Yes to the pride thing, but you're wrong about the rest. It's not about self image, it's about dignity and having to defend it on a daily basis because I'm living in a country with a fucked up culture that doesn't support it. @Chae might know what I'm talking about if she's interested in South Korea beyond the music. I was born and raised in Australia and the biggest culture shock I had coming back was finding out first hand how rude, pushing, abusive and discriminating people are to each other. If I don't protect and impose myself I become a mat to be stomped on, and being the proudful being I am, that's not an option. And I'm not scared of humiliation or disrespect at all, I'm scared of what I know happens when I encounter it: I lose control and fuck people up.
    -Since when did loving freedom make a person careless, nondiscriminating, undemanding and easily pleased? I resent any restrictions from the outside because I'm self regulated and my rules are self made. I'm my own authority, so I have issues with responding to others since I know what's best for me.
    -I won't repeat myself on the extroversion vs introversion thing, I've already explained how I changed in previous posts. In your terms, I'd probably be an ambivert. Extroversion and introversion in Jungian terms it's a complete different thing from it in a behaviourist sense, so I fail to see why anyone would based their typing on that. Anyone can adapt their output or even fake behaviour, but you can't change how you perceive or judge information. That's what cognition theory is about and what I'm trying to figure out in myself.
    -I'm open minded when it comes to "different" people like LGBT issues, other ethnicities, disabled people, people with mental issues, gender role matters etc. I'm judgemental when it comes to anything that infringes on my internal set of morals and ethics, which is quite personal and somewhat intricate. I hardly speak or act on it though, unless the offending acts are directed at me or someone who can't defend themselves. But it holds a lot of weight in how I relate to people.
    - Again you're failing to understand the differentiation between concepts: Mainstream is about how wide your reach is in terms of visibility, which in this case means fame. Many artists are eclectic in terms of the material they release and yet some remain underground, while others are in demand by a wide general audience. Lana Del Ray has a niche, but she's as mainstream as it gets, now compare her to someone like Grimes. Becoming an specialist also somewhat who is a pro at what they do, specially good at it. Picking one area of the arts or a music style to focus myself on doesn't oppose becoming mainstream in any way, it's illogical.
    -Yes, that's precisely what I was so ashamed of, and usually compensate for.
    -I fail to see why my choice of gifs (and favorite idols for that matter) would have anything to do with my cognition style. This sounds like those crazy people that type others based on avatars when I don't even believe in V.I.

FUN STORY: I actually have only recently started to use emoticons and gifs on online forums and instant messaging, as a surviving tool. I use to constantly get into misunderstandings with people because they would take what I say the wrong way, I was almost banned from a big typology forum because of that. I have a dark sense of humour and even in real life people in my family, who is sarcastic in general, have told me before that they can't tell when I'm serious or joking, because my voice tone and expression won't change. So I started adding a "I'm joking" at the end of my comments, and later on to indicate by intonation and funny expressions that I don't really men what I'm saying. I can see why that might have been confusing to them, because I'm inclined to take what everyone says too literally, sometimes to comic (but embarrassing) levels. Some people think I'm too serious and can't take a joke, but the truth is I'm not sure if it's a joke in first place. Also, gifs make my life easier since they can express what I feel and what I wanna say without having to write it down. As I said before, "an image is worth a thousand words", so I have a gif for every occasion.

@Chae look at yourself running this thread as if it's your own, inviting people over, thanking them for showing up, speaking in plural "we need here " "lets us know". I'm speechless at how shameless you are, unless you actually don't even realize what you're doing.

If that ain't classic IEE behaviour I don't know what it is. You guys have no notion of ownership, you make yourselves at home everywhere and completely ignore where you stand in the hierarchy. Like here, you're a guest, yet you behave as if I'm a subject being examined. I've always kind of envied this abilities you have, I could never be like this and it'd make life easier in some ways. Me, I'm too aware and mindful of limits and appropriateness.

I ain't mad as it might sound by the way, but only because nothing here has offended me as of now, I'm in an exceptionally good mood and this is happening over an internet forum. Had you pulled this shit on me in real life...

It was the fact that I'm so focused on , though it's clear it's not a seamless, natural and deep process as in actual ExEs. I don't care for people like that, as someone (THANK YOU IF YOU'RE READING THIS!!!) pointed out on a PM. It's more like a stay on guard, eve paranoid thing, not to mention more manipulative and self serving then it "should" be compared to an EIE.

So wanting real life correspondence to believe in a theory instead of trusting hypothetical conjectures, plus being "mysterious" point to E4 now?Because you were sure I was a Cp6 two minutes ago. My mom is judgy about petty and intimate things, she viciously comments on people's appearances, thinks women should hold themselves on higher standards, thinks porn is dirty and people who enjoy it are either perverts or frigid, comments on people relationships etc. She also has double standards, which is something I notice Egos tend to do. Is he hates someone then everything they do wrong should be punished, if they are her friends then she makes up excuses and gives out infinite chances. I'm the opposite in that if anything I'm too objective and impartial, I lost friends over that. I can still support you, and in very specific situations even help you get away with something you did wrong, but I won't sugarcoat anything or pretend I agree with you. I also don't think I have the right to conjecture on other's private lives, as long as they are not hurting society or people against their own will, then whatever they do is not of my concern. I only really judge people on things that might have an impact on me, and I use that to decide on how I will (or won't) relate to them. Good people to me are people who above all else are honest with themselves, about who they are and what they want. Failure to do that is to me the basis to every other evil they might commit later. I'm also big on notions like respecting others, showing gratitude and loyalty, and managing selfishness. My moral/ethical system is too complicated for me to try and summarize it further, if you have any specific questions then I'll answer them.

You're gut feel is wrong, his is blinding in person and his is good, but very limited to specific areas (put feelings into the equation and it flies out of the window). Not that I expected different, I tried to describe a layered real person you've never seen in a paragraph which you read over the internet. But + will always try, God bless. We can't help it when it's our Ego, can we? That's what I'm trying to figure out, what I can't stop myself from doing, because it is me.

Oh and you trust "experts" readily and enthusiastically gets on board with every new suggestion, it's fascinating.
    @Myst is forever a mystery, and therefore interesting to me, but foreign and stressful, so I'm baffled you'd think it's my lead. is a love/hate thing, it greatly frustrates me when heavily applied. It took me 20 years to finally start understanding my IEE mom and @Chae (who's as IEE as it gets) is like a different species to me (no offense intended).

"Aloof" and "stoned face" don't oppose "passionate" in any way. I express myself differently depending on many factors, like anyone else. If you type anyone who isn't always the same or linear in behaviour PoLR I'm afraid your typings are not very accurate. "Passionate" is usually assigned to me when it comes to my intensity, also usually it's people who see me perform that say that which it's only natural, since performing in itself is my passion.

Yes go dedicate your time to more fruitful endeavours, thank you for your contribution.
    @darya I really wish I could post a video, but I can't show my face or voice so we're stuck with text. I agree that seeing a person in motion might help a lot, unless you're talking about VI, which is ullshit anyway. Have I noticed people of the same type can display similarities physically speaking? Yes. Do I think it's nearly consistent enough to offer basis for typing? Hell no. I trust vibe, way of carrying oneself and reactions over actual face or body traits, because those have prove themselves to be reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @FANXY CHILD You wrote a lot of things that are relatable to people of many different types. Of course personal descriptions will be contradictory, as people don't act the same in all circumstances and perspective can change how we view any trait, especially when it's in comparison to other people. So, I don't think that says you're Ti polr, instead it says you're honest and not trying to fit the mold of a particular type. (Ti polr shows up in contradictory reasoning as in not following how one thing is related to another, and I'm not seeing that here) Dynamic and rational are the only things that I picked up from your initial post. I'd take a look at LIE and LSE first of those. My 2c
    THANK YOU. No seriously, I feel like I could cry right now. I keep seeing these things that sound nonsensical to me and having to explain what I think should be obvious about how real people work and I'm here like:

One thing that I notice in my long time lurking in this forum is that whenever people don't understand each other or a point being made, they suggest PoLR. It's such a coup out.

Enough for today, now I'm gonna finish my How To Get Away with Murder season 3 marathon and disopilate.

Later

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is good stuff, bravo. anyway, as the world turns, seems like SLE for the moment

i want to see you interact with niffer

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    this is good stuff, bravo. anyway, as the world turns, seems like SLE for the moment

i want to see you interact with niffer
    I won't, I've seen enough to know I don't want to.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh come on!

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bertrand there's only one SLE in this forum I like, and that's not the username they go by so.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

awesome SLIs are the best

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after many tantrums and a couple months of lone wolf searching with no results, here I am trying again.

Me @Socyotype:

I've taken many typology tests since then, some temperament specific. I'm not sure if they'll help to clarify anything, but here are the ones that had spot on results:

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a post of mine that I think might help since I had this very intense "FINALLY SOMEONE GETS ME" reaction reading the discussion:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1230648

This one might be nothing, but it's this weird thing about me I tried making sense of since forever:

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    I can remember whole chains of events that happen on a given day based on what I ate then. No idea why that happens or how it works, it' s pretty weird, others say.
    Other posts that illustrate important views of mine:

Thanks. Well you see I find that very concise to the bone definitions are just what I need to clear up the fog most of the time, so it works just fine. It's better when it comes straight fro the horse's mouth because frankly, a lot of type manifestations examples on the wiki are too theoretical, and sometimes far removed from reality. It's what happens when you hypothesize too much, I don't like it.

On that note, I'm in serious need of and Suggestive personal anecdotes by ILEs and LIEs . If anyone knows a thread where it was discussed, hit me up.
    I mean if I'd played it straight I'd pick the suggestive one, making me an ENxp, 'cuz the whole hypocondrie thing was literally me until very te recently.

I'd be scraching myself when I find a bump and them:
    "Oh my God, what's this ?!?!? A lump? WHAT IF I HAVE CANCER????? " And then I'd go into this whole detailed scenarios of how my life would be like after this tragedy *insert whatever sickness I thougjt I had at the time* had ruined my chances at my desired life forever.

Real crazy shit, I'm glad that's over with.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire you seem beta ST to me, probably SLE over LSI

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you go type hunting, I recommend: forest Beta and Gamma, extrovert territory. That being said, I am now Jason Momoa:

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE composite:

1.Extraverted Sensing

The SEE is always present in the here and now. An SEE knows exactly which relations he has influence over at the moment, and exactly how much influence he has (i.e. how far can he "push"). If an SEE wants someone that he does not "have", he can spend lots of time thinking about how to get it. The SEE finds it hard to be content with what he has.

SEEs are quick to notice confrontational behavior. It is very obvious to an SEE when someone is displaying aggression, even in the most subtle passive-aggressive fashion.

Confrontational behavior does not phase the SEE, whether his reaction is to respond with confrontation or hostility himself, creating an outwards appearance of indifference and unimpressiveness, or trying to calm down the offender/make them feel guilty. The various means available to the SEE to achieve the above goals are not nearly as important to the SEE as the end.

The SEE is motivated on some level in all of his affairs towards his goal of exclusiveness. He prefers to be in as high of a position of demand and respect as possible. It fills the SEE with joy to be have many different people competing for his attention and affection. Such a scenario reassures the SEE with the fact that he has been doing things right and that his hard work has paid off. Thus the SEE is often found surrounded by a large circle of friends and romantic interests.

An SEE views material objects as well as people in terms of how they can be used to achieve his goals. Upon losing a superficial friendship or a materialistic object, the SEE is sentimental only in terms of how it affects what he is currently striving for. For example, SEE would not see much point in being in the middle of the nowhere by himself with lots of gold and other showy yet useless objects. These things might only be important to him in regards to how they make other people think about him, or how it would indicate his status.

With extroverted sensing as his base, the SEE would much prefers to be a "go getter," out doing things as opposed to thinking about what he could be doing.

2. Introverted Ethics

An SEE usually knows exactly how to make other people feel a certain way. This ability increases its power dramatically the more time he spends with a person. He can offer genuine, believable praise to an individual he wants to reward, and likewise can make a person very upset and/or ashamed in themselves. However, if an offender changes their ways in favor of the SEEs point of view, the SEE will be quick to reward the offender with praise, and appreciation, treating them like a good friend. Moral ground to an SEE completely depends on the situation and is anything but set in stone (hence the creative function).

"Fake niceness" rarely fools an SEE. The SEE can easily tell whether a person is being genuine or just selfishly trying to fulfill their own needs.
    The SEE can easily create sentiments of closeness and kinship, only to completely change these sentiments down the road. An SEE could be hanging out with a person (A) and act like the person's best friend, yet talk with another friend (B) and show sentiments of extreme distaste towards person 'A' in order to gain acceptance with 'B'. Sometimes if person 'A' and 'B' are together at a social function, the SEE will either have to pick sides or can treat both relations with acceptance and feelings of kinship. This can cause quite a bit of confusion in regards to the SEE's "true loyalties." The SEE prefers to maintain the respect and appreciation of his relations if at all possible. He knows that if he has an ally in many different groups, it will be harder for his enemies in said groups to act against him for fear of retribution from his other allies.

An SEE has the ability show up in a group of strangers and act like a long lost friend, gaining acceptance and trust of the group very quickly. He can quickly charm this group with his well-bred manners, genuine displays of like/dislike, and sometimes risky humor. When the SEE leaves, he can find out through his inside sources that he was the "talk of the town" after he left, much to the delight of the SEE.

3. Extraverted Intuition

SEE much prefers physical, tangible goals as opposed to abstract ideas. He appreciates those who are good at thinking about things to do, new ways to do things, and especially a unique activities to draw people together. However, the SEE does not hold these abilities in high regard in and of themselves, but only to the degree to which these ideas and strategies can be implemented to serve his ego block.

Distress associated with this function accounts for the SEE's preference to have his pursuits be visible, close, available, and within the reach of his influence. An SEE prefers to get the things he wants immediately and without compromose using his talents of willpower and interpersonal influence. An SEE finds it difficult to give up on a goal unless clear victory or defeat is at hand. He usually will not give up on a friendship, goal, or romantic relationship until he knows beyond a shadow of a doubt (preferably through "in person" experience) that there is no way possible to resurrect the situation in face of his losses.

Not much value is placed on simply "getting your feet wet," starting new projects, or trying new things just "for the sake of it." He much more prefers to think in terms of the long term gains of his actions.

When it comes to achieving a goal, the SEE prefers to be equipped for to deal with any problems that might arise and handle them as they come. This is much more natural to him than planning for and expecting specific possible difficulties or outcomes. This is based in the SEE's "try it out, do your best, and hope for the best" outlook on things.
    SEEs are generally cautious and mistrustful of new ideas and behavior styles that they have not seen, heard of, or experienced before. When people act in strange, unseen ways, they often don't know what the person's true intentions are and may suspect that the other person is trying to trick them or play a joke on them. SEEs need to see how other people react to the person and his new information, views, or behavior in order to make a proper assessment.

SEE can become very upset when people are late for unclear reasons and behave in other independent and unpredictable ways. This gives them the feeling of hanging in the air and general uncertainty about the future. Being action oriented people, this is difficult to bear.

4. Introverted Logic
    The SEE hates when other people infer or remind him that he's not doing what he "should be doing." This is in complete opposite to his preference of following his whims and doing what he wants when he wants it, with as little structure as possible.

They have trouble focusing on systematic decision making, sometimes leading to occasional large mistakes (e.g. an unnecessary, expensive purchase) that was not thought through. Such mistakes lead to shame, guilt, and disappointment within the SEE, although he does not broadcast these sentiments to many. SEE doesn't like having to weight out pros and cons or make the "right" or "proper" decision.

In regards to unsubstantiated, theoretical knowledge, the SEE can either accept the unproven parts in good faith, or he'll completely reject it as foolish, unnecessary, and unimportant.

The SEE can be afraid to make discussion about fields heavy in systematic knowledge, doubting his ability to convey such thoughts in a clear, composed, and valued manner.

5. Introverted Intuition

Being as the SEE is more of a day-to-day, moment to moment type of person, they can suffer great difficulty regarding the long term consequences of their actions. People who they respect as having a firm grasp of the unfolding of events are considered very helpful to the SEE. When the SEE brings such a person into their fold, much trouble and wasted time and energy can be avoided due to such foresight, as opposed to the SEEs usual "try everything and see what works" method of solving problems.

6. Extraverted Logic

The SEE likes to constantly be doing things, but not if they don't apply to the long term perspective. If it is suggested that something needs to be done to make a situation better, the SEE can implement such suggestion with boundless faith, energy, and enthusiasm if the suggestion comes from a trusted source. Their dual, the ILI, provides much-needed nourishment in this area of knowledge as the ILI strives to make practical, logical understanding of an unfolding situation. SEE gladly considers suggestions or modifications to the methods he proposes to for achieving his goals, especially if such advice comes from a trusted source.

7. Introverted Sensing

SEEs place little emphasis on this function despite having a strong sense of it. They prefer finding a state that is powerful or influential to one that is understated or nuanced. This often leads to an over-the-top attitude that can cause mutual disharmony because of their direct approach. They perceive this function but are unable to do much with regard to it and ignore it.

Knows exactly what is needed for an attractive, comforatable environment and is very good at evaluating this in present environments. If the SEE is "stuck" in a social environment he does not prefer, he can appear to enjoy it and get along with others well for a while, but he will soon become bored and feel a constant nagging in the back of his head to "get the f*** out of here!" In such a situation, he will look for the first excuse possible to exit the situation elegantly and preserve the good will of others towards him.

8. Extraverted Ethics

When amongst those he holds a superficial relationship with, the SEE is very adept at livening up the mood, energizing others, and getting people excited about something. It usually bores him to do so though, and he would not seek out the company of such people who require this kind of involvement on a regular basis.

There is a tendency for this type not to be phased by intense emotional situations. When others discuss "the horrible tragedy" of things, or lose control of their emotions, crying intensely and feeling sorry for themselves, the SEE realizes that these feelings are just temporary and inconsequential. During these brief periods where a friend is emotionally unstable and unable to take care of themselves, the SEE will tend to the real life aspect of things, keeping their feet on the ground and helping them with basic survival until this period passes.

After the function descriptions, we can add other interesting sections like "typical life problems of LSI and how to deal with them," "typical sentiments and life philosophy," etc.

And we're done with these. Can you see the picture?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

play with video camera for the variety
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    play with video camera for the variety
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    Have you already posted your typing video?

In any case, this is still opened until now as a stream of consciousness about how I settled on a type, but I got distracted. If you wanna see what I do in front of a camera, you better pay my fee like everybody else

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Have you already posted your typing video?
    If I'd post my typing thread today, I'd do it with my video, I suppose.
    In past I sent my photos to typers. Those were times when video was too hard to make and send them.

> If you wanna see what I do in front of a camera, you better pay my fee like everybody else

My pay is your typing. Barter.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol

V.I. is not my credo and thanks, but I got what I needed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

but I got what I needed
    You needed the correct type. To get it with good probability you need to make a video.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You needed the correct type. To get it with good probability you need to make a video.
    Has my answer gone over your head? If so let me clarify: I know my type already.

And that claim of yours is far from being a fact.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be pretty clear now...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Your arguing style reminds me LSI / EIE.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your arguing style reminds me LSI / EIE.
    See, you can do it when you focus only on what matters.
    Last edited by PrettySavage; 11-16-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you can do it when you focus only on whati matters
    Nonverbal behavior also matters, as it is specific to types and is generally used in normal IRL typing. To notice this you need to have skills for this method, where my lists may help you. Without video you don't give about a half of useful typing info.
    I type by intuitive impressions from nonverbal as the main method from the beginning - ~15 years and see good correlation of gotten types with the common behavior of people and their abbilities. Also I made experiment (16 persons, ~10 typers) on socioforum which showed real typing matches close to other popular methods - average 15-20%, max 30-40%. In case nonverbal mattered nothing there would be 1/16, not 1/20 typing match.

> You're right

It's only light assumption. Without video I'm not sure in types.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nonverbal behavior also matters, as it is specific to types and is generally used in normal IRL typing. To notice this you need to have skills for this method, where my lists may help you. Without video you don't give about a half of useful typing info.
    I type by intuitive impressions from nonverbal as the main method from the beginning - ~15 years and see good correlation of gotten types with the common behavior of people and their abbilities. Also I made experiment (16 persons, ~10 typers) on socioforum which showed real typing matches close to other popular methods - average 15-20%, max 30-40%. In case nonverbal mattered nothing there would be 1/16, not 1/20 typing match.

> You're right

It's only light assumption. Without video I'm not sure in types.
    Blah blah blah I know the truth and the way in Socionics, and it is video typing blah blah...

Be careful, soon you'll be following EJ Arendee's path

You don't have to be sure, I am and that's what matters.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introducing a latecomer in the game, the LSI:

1. Introverted Logic

LSIs have a strong command of how various systems, structures, and hierarchies around them work, and always have a clear idea of how to implement them and improve them. LSIs quickly and easily determine what is correct and incorrect according to the systems they are familiar with.

LSIs tend to logically analyze just about everything — even close relationships. LSIs view their partners and other members of their household as part of a system which should have a certain structure and order to it. Everything in this system should run like clockwork — scheduling, daily routines, responsibilities in the relationship, and household management.

LSIs seek to attain an important role in an important system and to maintain and perfect it — often becoming the guardian or watchdog of the system.
    LSIs do not often think about the ethics of the systems they maintain. Instead, they discuss the ethics of other systems using the language and customs of their own systems as truth, and make value judgments accordingly.

2. Extraverted Sensing

LSIs prefer to apply their clear, logical thinking to forcibly affect how the real world is organized, rather than simply producing conjectures or thought exercises that have no material application. LSIs prefer to work with systems of "real" things — material assets, organizations, management, and production — and to perfect their structure and organization (Ti). When they are certain they are right, LSIs can act decisively to enforce rules, and, if necessary, to punish violators, in order to protect the integrity of the system.

LSIs handle high-pressure situations well and can maneuver skillfully around obstacles to achieve their goals. They cannot be intimidated easily by displays of force or aggression, but follow closely the balance of power and make sure they are in the best position.

3. Introverted Ethics

In the company of people the LSI smiles and acts like a good friend engaged in easy conversations, not without humor. They tend to mechanistically approach matters of wooing and relationship-building.

The LSI often has trouble differentiating strong relationships from weak relationships. Often he will find himself unsure of his own opinion of the closeness of a relationship. This uncertainty manifests itself in the LSI as maintaining a generally friendly atmosphere with another person even if they are in conflict over a problem. Only when they are sure that they have been intentionally wronged by another will they publicly express negative sentiments toward that person.

4. Extraverted Intuition

LSIs do not tolerate ambiguity, and so dislike abstract ideals that are not directly based on their experience. They almost invariably focus on the worst-case scenario whenever they are forced to be in an ambiguous situation. If the situation is in the future, they will expend much effort to be 100% prepared. They also tend to be very suspicious of others' intentions, being highly aware that every person is ultimately motivated by self-interest.

They set clearly achievable goals, which they often reach. Failure to meet these goals causes the LSI to express anger and lose control of his emotions in the form of a seemingly childish tantrum.

The LSI has a clearly defined set of rules that he must adhere to. Only through learning can the LSI change, and grow to understand how something could work differently than the way he imagines it in the moment.

5. Extraverted Ethics

Being entrenched in logical, systematic thinking processes, LSIs need others to create an emotionally inclusive atmosphere where they know they are accepted and liked. Left to themselves, they have almost no way of establishing an emotional connection with others other than through formal methods that often fail to work. LSIs can organize a situation where emotional bonding might occur, but they are almost unable to create the bonding themselves; they need others to fill the situation with feeling, laughter, and fun.

Since they devote themselves so completely to whatever they do, LSIs tend to build up a lot of emotional tension, which can only be released when somebody gives them a vivid reminder that there is more to life than their responsibilities.

LSIs respect and admire people who are deeply passionate about things and care enough about them to instill their attitudes in others and try to get them involved. They can forgive a little unruliness, impulsivity, and disorderliness for the emotional value such people give them. LSIs tend to suffer from a deficit of passion and feel emotionally connected to the world mainly when they are around lively and emotional people.

6. Introverted Intuition

LSIs often keep dense notes to remind them of their future engagements, as well as directions as to how to do complex tasks. Lateness and incorrectness are almost taboo for the LSI, and to err in these ways can make the LSI unhappy with whoever has transgressed, even with themselves.

LSIs enjoy talking about probable developments in the areas they are interested in and what to do in the case of a certain scenario. This makes them feel adequately prepared for possible risks and dangers, which they otherwise tend to forget about. They also enjoy reflecting on the meaning of their experiences, wishing that others will understand and share their introspective thoughts on life.

7. Extraverted Logic

When in love, the LSI will disregard behaviors that he feels are normal because the partner fulfills those obligations. This is especially apparent when the LSI stops work because there is enough money in the household without the LSIs income.

LSIs are annoyed by the idea of continuously updating their core beliefs and systems with new factual information. To the LSI, the truth is the truth, and anyone who brings up real-life examples that, on the surface, seem to contradict the closely held ideas of the LSI, is viewed as an antagonist who must be quelled.

While an LSI can easily understand isolated factual logic, he greatly prefers to sift through such material in an effort to extract the underlying systematic principles being taught, the information the LSI views as being “the point.” Once the core principle has been absorbed, extraneous factual information is often discarded, a habit which, when taken too far, can sometimes lead to LSIs being unable to back up their beliefs with any real-world examples. Sometimes LSIs will see the wisdom in acquiring this kind of supporting evidence, but their tendency is to pick and choose only those examples that support their positions.

When exposed to too much unfocused Te information, the LSI tends to shut down, not seeing a reason to pay attention to isolated facts that may or may not possess any deeper meaning.

Another negative consequence of this function is that some, not all, LSIs will quickly dismiss any factual information that does not conform to their prime understanding of things. This can lead to unpleasant consequences - even incarceration, if the LSI chooses to ignore laws that do not suit his idea of what is and is not correct.

On a positive note, because LSIs are generally not concerned with constantly referencing historic examples and in citing literature or current events, they often possess a clarity of thought that allows them to swiftly pinpoint and expose even the smallest flaws in others' thinking.

8. Introverted Sensing

Acts as if matters of personal appearance and health are very important to him or her, at times talks of it, though just as a comment not requiring feedback.

When not focused on the forceful, rigid energy of his Se creative function, the LSI gives a great deal of attention to his inner physical state, to his sense of balance and comfort. He may possess a wide range of antidotes and curatives in the event of illness, and he may have somewhat strong preferences for the textures and colors of his clothing, or for the taste and freshness of his food. Physical discomfort may sour the LSI's mood and send him into a state of grumpiness and irritation.

However, when the time arises for the LSI to mobilize into action, his concern over his physical comfort is cast aside in favor of his creative function. Those still concerned with physical harmony at such times are viewed as lazy by the LSI.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

E S E
    S
    E

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    E S E
    S
    E
    The answer for everything

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

do you think youre rational/irrational
    do you think youre ethics/logic

why?

post a video

this vocoroo shit is a shitty half measure for IEE to ooo and aaa over but really doesn't accomplish much

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    do you think youre rational/irrational
    do you think youre ethics/logic

why?

post a video

this vocoroo shit is a shitty half measure for IEE to ooo and aaa over but really doesn't accomplish much
    Go take a dump if shit it's the only thing on your mind.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast