Thread: So, How to date a dual and do I have one or is duality a myth?

Threaded View

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    We used to have more social/affordable housing in the UK but there’s not so much of it now. Margaret Thatcher brought in ‘right to buy’ meaning lots of people bought their council homes and the government didn’t build more. Its particularly expensive to rent atm so I’m grateful I don’t have to pay loads but also I wish I’d saved a bit more. We can get help if we’re out of work but I don’t think it’s very much. There’s a lot more homelessness and food banks now in the UK than there was when I was a kid Another big problem is the poor quality of care homes for the elderly..
    Well said, this is likewise the very reason why BREXIT happened; people voted because they saw their lot in life rapidly deteriorating. Little had the vote to do with Europe actually, it was just nostalgia for better times and the promise by the tabloids that things would get better once the United Kingdom would leave Europe. It's darkly ironic really, because Europe was the one who subsidized the UK's ailing National Healthcare Service, whereas the Conservative Party has been blocking every fund increase for the NHS for years already to prevent the need for a wealth tax.
    Last edited by Armitage; 01-01-2022 at 06:14 PM.