Thread: real or fictional examples of SLI females / ISTp women

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Cosmic Teapot
    i've always thought of katniss as ESI. what makes you think SLI? (i could see it but i'm curious to hear your reasoning) she can't stand effy (ESE) and she has a love-hate, hot-cold relationship with haymitch (Ne-lead, leaning ILE). gale seems to be some type of Ni-creative, leaning LIE but it's not set in stone, they had a good thing going before the peeta nation charmed the katniss nation, but none of this invalidates SLI. it just seems more ESI-ish.

@Slugabed yeah i've never understood the "SLIs (or any delta, aside from IEE) are boring" anti-hype. SLIs are up there with Ne-leads for me.
    maybe san from princess mononoke? (i've typed her ESI but i dunno, she's like... animated, so it's hard to say)

@hybris theory i haven't seen x-files yet but it's plausible! any other ideas? the female protagonist in "dakota skye" seems SLI-ish to me.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    @Cosmic Teapot
    i've always thought of katniss as ESI. what makes you think SLI? (i could see it but i'm curious to hear your reasoning) she can't stand effy (ESE) and she has a love-hate, hot-cold relationship with haymitch (Ne-lead, leaning ILE). gale seems to be some type of Ni-creative, leaning LIE but it's not set in stone, they had a good thing going before the peeta nation charmed the katniss nation, but none of this invalidates SLI. it just seems more ESI-ish.
    I'll return to this once I find the time. Generally when we talk about the movie I don't have a problem with her being typed as ESI. I mean where exactly to we draw the line between a stoic and skilled ESI and a typical SLI? ESIs typically star in revenge stories, while SLIs are survivors. That however is not a rule and not strong enough for me to rule out ESI 100%. Although I don't see Katniss and Gale (agree LIE) as duals. When I type Katniss I have the books in mind which are written in first person and give a lot more information about her thought process and motivations.
    Also @hybris theory has a point. Typing fictional characters is tricky.
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 07-27-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    I'll return to this once I find the time. Generally when we talk about the movie I don't have a problem with her being typed as ESI. I mean where exactly to we draw the line between a stoic and skilled ESI and a typical SLI? ESIs typically star in revenge stories, while SLIs are survivors. That however is not a rule and not strong enough for me to rule out ESI 100%. Although I don't see Katniss and Gale (agree LIE) as duals. When I type Katniss I have the books in mind which are written in first person and give a lot more information about her thought process and motivations.
    Also @hybris theory has a point. Typing fictional characters is tricky.
    i'm looking forward to it. i haven't touched the series in years, like way before i was even aware of socionics, so i trust your judgment a little more on this front, plus i like reading character analyses. agreed on fictional characters being tough to type, that's why we gotta get some real examples up in here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI Female / my longtime running buddy .
    Because all delta STs do is be jocks in our spare time.
    True Story.
    Last edited by UDP; 07-30-2017 at 05:40 PM. Reason: because your mother asked for more pictures and I'm a nice guy
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.