4 57.14%

Thread: Ghouse Type Me Video

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghouse View Post
    My current understanding of the internal-external dichotomy is that the internal content of reality needs be perceived by reading into the external content of reality. This means seeing what the external reality hints at or implies. I guess now that I write it out, I'm not doing a lot of reading into the data I'm collecting. i'm pretty much taking it as is. On the other hand, addressing VI, I really don't manage my appearance that much. Also, I don't really focus on the maintenance of my internal physiological state as a primary part of my existence. What I was saying earlier about the lead function is that finding my own personality type has been a primary focus of mine for some years. Understanding the underlying motivation behind this focus should reveal a base function in action. To summarize, my thinking was that since I have been so intensely focused on uncovering my own personality type for some time it must be a manifestation of my lead function's operation and since personality type is something that must be read into, that my lead function is focused on the internal aspects of reality.
    If what you say can be verified/tested, it’s external, if it cannot be verified with present information, it’s internal. For example, predictions and hunches are internal, noticing or pointing out visible patterns that others can follow in the data is external.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    If what you say can be verified/tested, it’s external, if it cannot be verified with present information, it’s internal. For example, predictions and hunches are internal, noticing or pointing out visible patterns that others can follow in the data is external.
    I thought this was a solid explanation of the external/internal dichotomy.

Do you have similar explanations for the extroverted/introverted and static/dynamic dichotomies?