Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
What?

My intention was not to make @Slugabed feel bad. My intention was to say that I think she's attractive, but she's not the object of my creepy interest. I actually do think the woman in the picture is ESI, and of course, I also think people are subconsciously oriented to think that their dual looks best.

I wouldn't expect her to like the appearance of an LIE more than an IEE. I'd be surprised if she were offended at the fact that I prefer the looks of my dual to that of my Supervisor. Or am I missing something?

It is true that I married an SLI-Te (partly because she was and still is beautiful), but looks aren't everything.
I expect you didn't mean any harm by saying that, and I do follow your logic. It's an emotions/feelings thing, though. I could break it down for you if you like, here or elsewhere? It's hard to tell what needs explaining and what doesn't.

You remind me a bit of my brother-in-law. One time the family was hanging out and the topic of hair straightening came up. Both my mother and sister (wife of my brother-in-law) had regularly had their hair professionally straightened. He asked them why and a bit about the process, seeming satisfied with their responses. He looked at my mom, then at my sister, then looked at me and more closely at my hair. With a straight face and in innocent seriousness he somewhat brusquely asked me, "Why don't you get your hair straightened?"

*sigh* lol