Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Five
    To Hugo:

These are my answers:

1. I am influenced by logical reasons. (T)
    2. I am influenced by my emotions. (F)
    3. I am influenced by my surroundings. (S)
    4. I am influenced by possibilities. (N)

These were reached in consultation with another person in order to reduce bias.
    It appears that you are xSTj.

Now ask yourself which type is a better description for you - ESTj or ISTj. It may help for you to compare Socionic moods:

ISTj - tough, controlling, serious, decisive, tough-minded, disciplined, mistrustful; stand their ground

ESTj - always busy with projects; practical and skeptical; action oriented; professional; active involvement

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got some things to say about your replies which would help in the discussion, but first I think that it would be best for us to get here. S/he (I don't know which one) was recommended by Pedro and it seems as though having him/her here would be a great help. However, I don't know the way to attract a forum member's attention without e-mails, and my e-mail account is acting up at the moment, so I would appreciate some help with that.

Thanks in advance.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For each member, at the bottom of their statments there is a tab labelled 'pm'. This means 'Private Message'. To use it, you must be a member yourself. :wink:

By the way, which mood described you best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, since I'm not a member and, even if I was, my e-mail account is a little iffy, is there another way? Would it be OK even to post something in General Discussion to telling him that it would be helpful to have his presence? (I'm sorry if I just sounded a little formal, but I couldn't put it another way.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, since I'm not a member and, even if I was, my e-mail account is a little iffy, is there another way? Would it be OK even to post something in General Discussion to telling him that it would be helpful to have his presence? (I'm sorry if I just sounded a little formal, but I couldn't put it another way.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can still join, even if your e-mail account is iffy.

Which of the following describes you best:

ISTj - tough, controlling, serious, decisive, tough-minded, disciplined, mistrustful; stand their ground

ESTj - always busy with projects; practical and skeptical; action oriented; professional; active involvement

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, Hugo. I know about your question, but I'd still like to have here because Pedro believed that s/he would be a help.

BTW, what type is ?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, Hugo. I know about your question, but I'd still like to have here because Pedro believed that s/he would be a help.
    I'm trying to help you. If you don't want my help then just say so.

BTW, what type is ?
    INFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, Hugo, it's not that I don't want your help. It's just that I'm not sure about which one is my mood yet, and I thought that getting 's help as well would be good because s/he would be an ISTj's activator. I suppose you could say that I don't want to put the cart before the horse, if you understand me.

Do you think that I should make a quick request to in the General Discussions section? Is that considered a little impolite?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think that I should make a quick request to in the General Discussions section?
    Not a good idea.

If you prefer firmness in a relationship, then you are an ISTj. If you prefer gentleness, you are an ESTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Firmness" and "gentleness" in what respect? To each other? What exactly do you mean?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which sentence describes you best:
    -I prefer to be firm with people and be treated firmly by people (ISTj)
    -I prefer to be gentle with people and be treated gently by people (ESTj)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTjs tend to treat others fairly firmly...
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTjs prefer gentleness because they go for INFjs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"ESTjs tend to treat others fairly firmly..."
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That may be the perception of people who are not ESTjs.

People may think that INTjs are cold and unemotional. But this is untrue.

A similar example can be used for ESTjs

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    That may be the perception of people who are not ESTjs.

People may think that INTjs are cold and unemotional. But this is untrue.

A similar example can be used for ESTjs
    Actually, I like ESTjs more than I like ISTjs, probably because the only ESTj I got to know was a 5 foot tall hispanic female and the ISTj I got to know was my father.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most objective observer of how one person treats another is NOT the individual whom is doing the "treating"; the motiviations of particular actions, however, how one "treats" another indivivdual is best perceived by the individual that is doing the action.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked:

Which sentence describes you best:
    -I prefer to be firm with people and be treated firmly by people (ISTj)
    -I prefer to be gentle with people and be treated gently by people (ESTj)
    What Mystic has done is split the sentence up - this was not my intention.

If the sentences are kept as whole, there shouldn't be a problem.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If the sentences are kept as whole, there shouldn't be a problem."

The problem IS that the sentences are kept as a whole.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    "If the sentences are kept as whole, there shouldn't be a problem."

The problem IS that the sentences are kept as a whole.
    There is not a problem. I have asked an ESTj who said that she would choose the gentleness sentence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was me above.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter which way you cut it, however, most ESTjs are NOT gentle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean to be rude, but could I please have an agreement over this gentle-firm issue, because I'm not sure what sentences you want me to choose from and you both aren't sure which sentences are valid etc. It just gets a little confusing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    No matter which way you cut it, however, most ESTjs are NOT gentle.
    I'm sure you have not asked most of them to know. It's all about self perception not your perception.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Five
    I don't mean to be rude, but could I please have an agreement over this gentle-firm issue, because I'm not sure what sentences you want me to choose from and you both aren't sure which sentences are valid etc. It just gets a little confusing.
    I want you to choose the one that describes you best. Your answer should not depend on us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, what I meant was that I wasn't sure whether the gentleness-firmness pairing of sentences was valid as a test to in type.

My answer is that I prefer to treat other people and be treated by other people gently, which according to you would make me ESTj.

(By the way, Hugo, what type are you?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to my last post: That gentleness-firmness answer was, again, reached in consultation with another to reduce bias. For these sentences I will usually consult with someone else because what I am and the way I perceive myself are usually two different things when it comes down to the details. An observer will see the way that I am, and therefore is more accurate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My type is INTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, the reason why I enquired about your type is that I often get the impression that we misunderstand each other, or that you answer a question that is different to the one that I asked, or something along those lines. What kind of relations would cause that?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly illusionary relations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tough, controlling, serious, decisive, tough-minded, disciplined, mistrustful; stand their ground

always busy with projects; practical and sceptical; action oriented; professional; active involvement

I consulted with a certain person on these two choices, and he said that neither describe me particularly well, although some words from both could be used to describe me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps you are ISTp:

soft blankness; internal independence; hard to impress; not easily excited; (emotionally) cool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I thought that ISTp had been discounted because I follow rules and regulations naturally, which is not a P trait.

I'm getting a bit stuck. People took one look at me and said ISTj with certaintly, but now the ideas about my type are going all over the place. Although there is one thing that we could try to agree on: would you say that I am xSTx, and why?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Socionics is a bit messy when it comes to defining p and j. So you may very well be a p type. Read the description of ISTp to see is it describes you.

Also, without asking your friend for help, are you more influenced by possibilties or by your emotions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a difficult one, Hugo. If I were, for example, scared of a physical confrontation, I could say that I was scared because I was influenced by the possibility of injury or that I was scared because I was influenced by my emotions. Could you please explain your question more?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think of it as broadly as possible in relation to your whole life, not using isolated situations or examples.

Actually I would prefer if you do the following instead by yourself, not with any help from other people. Self perception is what counts.

Put the following sentences in order, starting with the sentence that describes you the best and finishing with the sentence that describes you the worst.

 I am influenced by possibilities. (N)
     I am influenced by my surroundings. (S)
     I am influenced by my emotions. (F)
     I am influenced by logical reasons. (T)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Put the following sentences in order, starting with the sentence that describes you the best and finishing with the sentence that describes you the worst.

 I am influenced by possibilities. (N)
     I am influenced by my surroundings. (S)
     I am influenced by my emotions. (F)
     I am influenced by logical reasons. (T)
    Hugo, is it a problem that I know how this test works?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that we're all running out of ideas (somewhat), but I thought that maybe it would be a good idea to post something in the Beta Quadra forum, asking them for help. If Betas converse with me and we get along well, then that would put me in the Beta Quadra and might even narrow down my type to only one possibility. Would that be polite? Is it a good idea?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Five, that is a good idea. I think even they way you ask questions makes you sound like an ISTj.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast