Neo - IEI
    Morpheus - EIE
    Trinity - SLE
    Tank - SEE
    Agent Smith - LSI
    Mouse - ILE
    Architect - LII
    Merovingian - LIE

I'm assuming that Neo, Trinity and Morpheus should be in the same quadra, but there's no guarantee. I'm kind of curious to what people think of their types and others for the Matrix movies.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neo: LII
    Morpheus: EIE or IEI
    Trinity: LSI? her character is not very fleshed out, could be any Se ego
    Tank: SEE or ESI
    Agent Smith: LSI
    Cipher: SLE?
    Mouse: ILE

IEI is plausible for Neo. But the Oracle does point out that he is sort of oblivious to Trinity's feelings for him which points to weak Fi. Probably the clearest ones are Agent Smith and Mouse, many of the others could fit multiple types.

@Raver It's not really valid to say that they are all in the same quadra just because they're on the same side. The interaction the main characters have is mostly focused on the business at hand, so it's not going to say much about their relationships.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-30-2016 at 09:26 AM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    IEI is plausible for Neo. But the Oracle does point out that he is sort of oblivious to Trinity's feelings for him which points to weak Fi. Probably the clearest ones are Agent Smith and Mouse, many of the others could fit multiple types.

@Raver It's not really valid to say that they are all in the same quadra just because they're on the same side. The interaction the main characters have is mostly focused on the business at hand, so it's not going to say much about their relationships.
    Fair enough. I suspected as much, it's easy to put them in the same quadra, but the fact that they're in different quadras with a common goal would make more sense. The only ones that probably should be in the same quadra is Trinity and Neo because they get close, but Morpheus doesn't have to be. Even then, it's still possible for Trinity and Neo to be in different quadras.

I agree that Agent Smith and Mouse seem to be both LSI and ILE respectively. Morpheus strikes me as quite EIE so it's good that we're roughly on the same page with him. I've seen Cipher thrown around SLE so that's plausible. Trinity and Neo are tougher to type, I've seen Trinity typed as SLI and Neo as ILI, which is different.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neo EII-Fi
    Trinity LSE-Si
    Morpheus ESI-Fi
    Smith EIE-Ni
    Oracle SEE-Se
    Architect LII-Ne
    Cypher LSI-Se
    Niobe ILI-Te
    Merovingian LIE-Ni
    Persephone SLI-Si
    Last edited by mclane; 12-30-2016 at 05:49 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Yay, The Matrix.

Neo: LSI-Ti
    I used to think he might be LII-Ti, but no.
    The way he searches for meaning in his life is pretty HA. During the course of the trilogy, it is as if he is almost becoming some sort of LSI and IEI hybrid.

Morpheus: EIE-Ni
    I think this is rather obvious? He's got the typical Beta values, and is a bit like a Cyberpunk version of Martin Luther King Jr: "I have a dream!"
    Him and Neo have a strong Bromance going on... Duality.

Trinity: ILI-Te
    I admit, I am not always entirely sure of this one. But she seems to have low unvalued . And she is the best female Hacker of her time, which I think points at 4D .
    She values , and the way how she believes in Neo like Morpheus points at valued , likely ego. Furthermore, her interaction with Neo being Benefit makes sense. Like the stereotypical Victim type + Beneficiary, she has to be saved by Neo several times. In most fiction, Victim types often have to be saved by the Hero, or they die a tragic death, and they fit well into the role, it doesn't seem "out of place" or "out of character". The same "trope" can be seen when Morpheus is being held captive and tortured by his Conflictor...

Agent Smith: SLI-Te
    Him being Neo's Quasi-Identical makes sense to me... He values efficiency, practicality, and some weird "law" system – ...
    His kind being Deltas, the opposite to the Betas, creates an interesting dynamic. He has the same strengths and weaknesses as Neo, so that makes for a good antagonist.

Oracle: Ne lead? or Ni lead?
    The Oracle isn't a truly consistent character, and rather unreliable. Certainly an Intuitive, though.

Cypher: ISTx
    He is the kind of guy that has little trust and belief in the whole mission (weaker ), and is rather disillusioned by it.
    The fact he doesn't care about "believing" in that way is rather like not valuing , but he also seems to not care about any kind of morality whatsoever (lack of HA), so perhaps he is just a really disillusioned LSI after all.

Merovingian: LIE-Ni
    His talk about time (), "I am a trafficker of information, I know everything I can" and "cause and effect" (), his Role in the beginning, his HA – to be rich...
    = LIE Someone might interpret his love for wine as valuing, but I think this is just his SP instinct (first or second). He seems to be So/Sp.

Persephone: ESI
    Oh, the first time I truly recognized the two are Duals. Nice.
    Anyhow, the way she can tell how Neo and Trinity are in love speaks for strong : "You love her, she loves you. It is so all over you both."
    And then her demand for the kiss is like stereotypical Aggressor Romance Style. (Trinity's reaction to it is pretty Pseudo-Aggressor, but how she quickly draws back the gun shows how she isn't truly confident in it.) She is probably SO blindspot (possibly Sx/Sp), and that could explain how her relationship with her Dual is not as smooth as it could be. Sx/Sp and So/Sp are "opposite" each other, and that can create tensions in relationships, even in Duality.

I don't have much to say about the other characters.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 12-30-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neo - Ni-IEI
    Morpheus - Ni-EIE
    Trinity - Ti-LSI
    Agent Smith - Ti-LSI
    Oracle - Ni-ILI
    Merovingian - Ni-EIE
    Persephone - Ti-LSI
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    Neo EII-Fi
    Trinity LSE-Si
    Morpheus ESI-Fi
    Smith EIE-Ni
    Oracle SEE-Se
    Architect LII-Ne
    Cypher LSI-Se
    Niobe ILI-Te
    Trinity and Neo as Delta? Interesting, not impossible, but I saw them as Beta personally. I'm on the same page as you with the architect though, LII seems clear cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Yay, The Matrix.

Neo: LSI-Ti
    I used to think he might be LII-Ti, but no.
    The way he searches for meaning in his life is pretty HA. During the course of the trilogy, it is as if he is almost becoming some sort of LSI and IEI hybrid.

Morpheus: EIE-Ni
    I think this is rather obvious? He's got the typical Beta values, and is a bit like a Cyberpunk version of Martin Luther King Jr: "I have a dream!"
    Him and Neo have a strong Bromance going on... Duality.

Trinity: ILI-Te
    I admit, I am not always entirely sure of this one. But she seems to have low unvalued . And she is the best female Hacker of her time, which I think points at 4D .
    She values , and the way how she believes in Neo like Morpheus points at valued , likely ego. Furthermore, her interaction with Neo being Benefit makes sense. Like the stereotypical Victim type + Beneficiary, she has to be saved by Neo several times. In most fiction, Victim types often have to be saved by the Hero, or they die a tragic death, and they fit well into the role, it doesn't seem "out of place" or "out of character". The same "trope" can be seen when Morpheus is being held captive and tortured by his Conflictor...

Agent Smith: SLI-Te
    Him being Neo's Quasi-Identical makes sense to me... He values efficiency, practicality, and some weird "law" system – ...
    His kind being Deltas, the opposite to the Betas, creates an interesting dynamic. He has the same strengths and weaknesses as Neo, so that makes for a good antagonist.

Oracle: Ne lead? or Ni lead?
    The Oracle isn't a truly consistent character, and rather unreliable. Certainly an Intuitive, though.

Cypher: ISTx
    He is the kind of guy that has little trust and belief in the whole mission (weaker ), and is rather disillusioned by it.
    The fact he doesn't care about "believing" in that way is rather like not valuing , but he also seems to not care about any kind of morality whatsoever (lack of HA), so perhaps he is just a really disillusioned LSI after all.

Merovingian: LIE-Ni
    His talk about time (), "I am a trafficker of information, I know everything I can" and "cause and effect" (), his Role in the beginning, his HA – to be rich...
    = LIE Someone might interpret his love for wine as valuing, but I think this is just his SP instinct (first or second). He seems to be So/Sp.

Persephone: ESI
    Oh, the first time I truly recognized the two are Duals. Nice.
    Anyhow, the way she can tell how Neo and Trinity are in love speaks for strong : "You love her, she loves you. It is so all over you both."
    And then her demand for the kiss is like stereotypical Aggressor Romance Style. (Trinity's reaction to it is pretty Pseudo-Aggressor, but how she quickly draws back the gun shows how she isn't truly confident in it.) She is probably SO blindspot (possibly Sx/Sp), and that could explain how her relationship with her Dual is not as smooth as it could be. Sx/Sp and So/Sp are "opposite" each other, and that can create tensions in relationships, even in Duality.

I don't have much to say about the other characters.
    I personally can't see Neo as LSI. I know his character is reserved and unemotional, but I still lean towards IEI. Other types for him are also possible. Good to see we're on the same page with Morpheus as EIE and the Merovingian as LIE. Persephone could be his dual because the turmoil they went through was short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Neo - Ni-IEI
    Morpheus - Ni-EIE
    Trinity - Ti-LSI
    Agent Smith - Ti-LSI
    Oracle - Ni-ILI
    Merovingian - Ni-EIE
    Persephone - Ti-LSI
    I agree with most of these typings. Like Hotel mentioned, there is no guarantee that the main cast of Matrix are in the same quadra and that they're simply working towards the same goal and could be in different quadras. However, the whole movie just reminds me of some kind of Beta movement to overthrow the system via a revolution. Morpheus as EIE trying to recruit Neo who is an IEI with Trinity as another Beta just makes so much sense.

I think Trinity is SLE though, Neo and Trinity being duals makes more sense to me than activity partners. I can see her being an activity to Morpheus instead. Merovingian and Persephone as LIE and ESI is what I lean towards, they strike me as Gamma and the Merovingian conflicts with the main cast of the Matrix even though Persephone helps them. I think everything else is on point though and I agree with the oracle as Ni-ILI. Smith also makes sense as LSI because in the sequels, he follows the Beta mentality on point in his own way.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch The Second Renaissance from The Animatrix if you want to feel a lot less sorry for the humans.

Part 1

Part 2

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow i find myself alone in typing Agent Smith LIE?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the only clear and obvious type is Morpheus - EIE, and all the other characters are kind of bland and lifeless.

I do agree that the entire theme of the movie is rather Beta, in the sense that "We must drive underground and create a new group to fight against the system!!". But actually, that has more to do with Se. But Gamma Se has more to do with fighting against "evil", while Beta Se has more to do with fighting against "system".

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I agree with most of these typings. Like Hotel mentioned, there is no guarantee that the main cast of Matrix are in the same quadra and that they're simply working towards the same goal and could be in different quadras. However, the whole movie just reminds me of some kind of Beta movement to overthrow the system via a revolution. Morpheus as EIE trying to recruit Neo who is an IEI with Trinity as another Beta just makes so much sense.
    I've actually seen this dynamic in real life... where the EIE starts to think that there's something wrong with the "system", and starts to rebel against it and tries to create a revolution. The EIE being a J type has a definite plan, but he needs help from others, especially since he has now become an "outsider" to the system. The IEI also feels that there's something wrong, but being a P type only recognizes it in a vague and hazy way. It's not necessarily that the EIE seeks out the IEI, it could be the other way around, or they could just meet serendipitously. But they both hit it off, because of their shared uneasy feeling of something being wrong with the "system" (Morpheus: "You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world") (Ni I guess), and their shared goal of needing to overthrow the current system. I'm not sure how the Beta STs fit into this, but I have seen it.

Anyway, the IEI having Se DS, feels that he is merely being "pushed" into this whole situation, like how Morpheus pushed Neo into this, even though he was reluctant at first. Or he may feel that he is doing it for "the people" (Fe), or he may be only doing it out of curiosity, because he was attracted to these dark and hidden things for some reason. LSIs often become powerful figures (often behind the scenes), such as the bureaucrats creating laws and "systems" that could be somewhat authoritarian. So the LSIs become both the creators and defenders of such systems. I think Agent Smith is a personification of such a "system".

Anyway, once the EIE gains enough power, they do manage to overthrow the current the system and start some sort of a political revolution. Perhaps the SLEs can do this too, like Napoleon.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neo ILI-N
    Morpheus EIE-N
    Trinity LSI-N
    Agent Smith LSI-D
    Oracle EII-N
    Cypher LIE-C
    Merovingian LIE-D
    Persephone ESI-N

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neo - ENFJ Hamlet

This is the comment you are looking for

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morpheus - INFP Gorky

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trinity - ESTP?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agent Smith - ISTP - Gabin

Last edited by khcs; 03-31-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oracle - ENFP Balzac?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cypher - INFP Gorky