Thread: The dimensions from the LIFE questionnaire

Hybrid View

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Look at Adams results. Healthy lifestyles are normal lifestyles. The two terms are synonymous in everyday usage.
    People on farms: Y'all are crazy according to this questionnaire. But that wasn't even my point. Anyways, healthy and normal aren't necessarily synonymous. Ask an athlete about dietary choices and habits. Or ask someone what range their IQ is and see if they think "normal" is good enough. Or their income. Normality is vertical. Being barred from normality is subnormal, but if you can get to it easily but don't want to you're above it. "Cultured" would probably be above normal if you don't see it as pretentious, but this quiz is targeting a specific demographic to begin with (you said it yourself).

Banned
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    People on farms: Y'all are crazy according to this questionnaire. But that wasn't even my point. Anyways, healthy and normal aren't necessarily synonymous. Ask an athlete about dietary choices and habits. Or ask someone what range their IQ is and see if they think "normal" is good enough. Or their income. Normality is vertical. Being barred from normality is subnormal, but if you can get to it easily but don't want to you're above it. "Cultured" would probably be above normal if you don't see it as pretentious, but this quiz is targeting a specific demographic to begin with (you said it yourself).
    The terms are synonymous.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The terms are synonymous.
    Remember to kill the billy goats before you eat them this go-round.

Banned
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember to kill the billy goats before you eat them this go-round.
    That is a juvenile response.

The terms are synonymous. You wishing them to be different does not change that fact.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suburbanite: 7. By most estimates, you would be considered MODERATE on this dimension -- neither too suburban but not too unconventional.

Cultured:
    5. Overall, you are fairly MODERATE on this dimension. You aren't taking your yoga classes too seriously -- that's probably good.

Slacker: 8. Good news. You are MODERATE on this dimension. You enjoy your time with computers and games but probably aren't obsessed with them. You like living on the edge occasionally but have an appreciation of a healthy lifestyle.

Preppie:
    2. You are relatively LOW on this dimension. This often reflects the fact that you are relatively happy with your appearance and the ways others see you. You might have some tendencies to slob-like behavior. Hey, it never hurts to clean your room occasionally.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a juvenile response.

The terms are synonymous. You wishing them to be different does not change that fact.
    Words mean what people think they mean, and what people think they mean is based on context. Words are not these abstract things sitting in the dictionary with absolute meanings. If a normal diet is not a healthy diet for an athlete, the terms are not synonymous in that case. Now you just need to prove that people living in the suburbs are healthy while people living on farms, in big cities, in shacks in the mountains, or in giant mansions on private islands aren't.

Banned
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Words mean what people think they mean, and what people think they mean is based on context. Words are not these abstract things sitting in the dictionary with absolute meanings. If a normal diet is not a healthy diet for an athlete, the terms are not synonymous in that case. Now you just need to prove that people living in the suburbs are healthy while people living on farms, in big cities, in shacks in the mountains, or in giant mansions on private islands aren't.
    Wyrd. The terms are synonymous. This is the colloquial usage of the terms. The terms do not bend based upon your desires. The world does not bend based upon your desires. It is not the world's responsibility to adapt to the ideas and viewpoints of Wyrd. You need to stop your disrespectful behavior and learn to engage in respectful discourse.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wyrd. The terms are synonymous. This is the colloquial usage of the terms. The terms do not bend based upon your desires. The world does not bend based upon your desires. It is not the world's responsibility to adapt to the ideas and viewpoints of Wyrd. You need to stop your disrespectful behavior and learn to engage in respectful discourse.
    Of course words don't bend based on my desires. Words are mere sound and smoke, dimming the heavenly light. Does smoke need to bend at all? It is not the world's responsibility to adapt, but it will anyways, because the world has already decided that whatever doesn't adapt, perishes, but I haven't decided that for myself. Whatever responsibility means, it can't mean near as much as life.