Thread: The Insidiousness of Typology

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    This is a thoughtful post and I wish I had the time and stamina to offer more than this, but I just feel the need to point out that it used to be said that everybody self typed ILE because it was portrayed the best because it was Aushras type. Also I felt sort of awkward retyping to ESI because it was at a time when gamma was overvalued and it was a "cool" type whereas now it's kind of oversaturated. ESI and IEI used to be more edgy, now they're more domestic and sweet. IEE used to be more open minded, now it's more SJW strident. And so on. These ideas go through evolutions, it seems to me based on the personalities of the people self typing on the forum at any given time, and the biases aren't as inherent to the system as you seem to be implying? (though there are always biases of some sort.)
    exactly, it feels like wyrd is mainly displacing a lot of his own bias and negative affect onto the system and then trying to "send it out" as if that would purge the evil

also, Jeremy is right inasmuch its assuming a lot to think people prefer beta. I mean, subjectively, I feel like beta sucks so I just feel bad for these people, but I don't want to stop them somehow because beta sucks, I would only want them to change inasmuch as it would help them find themselves (if they were in fact alpha, for example). if they're really beta I neither share their fetish for it, nor care to level things out. it is what it is. if people "want" to be what constitutes an "inferior type" in my mind I recognize that as a value judgement only I hold so its not the basis to try to "improve" someone on. I do however want to see everyone become the best version of themselves, so if I think if alpha is more "accurate" in a way that is value free, then I feel like I have a duty to say something because if its in good faith pursuit of the truth or accuracy then I owe it to people to be truthful to them as best I see it. in other words, I don't lie to preserve people's feelings because that assumes their feelings should be hurt by my assessments, which they shouldn't. they are after all, only mine. if people could make up their own mind as to this, there would be no such thing as Dreck types, and as for me and many others--there aren't

what's really at stake is people figuring themselves out and they need to get accurate feedback and in order to get that people need to be free to say what they need to say regardless of how it might make people feel, because then it just becomes telling people whatever they want to hear, and then, later, realizing the system is harmful, useless, and prejudicial, its like duh, yeah if you treat it like that

i don't need socionics to be a "racist", that aspect of humanity will find expression in damn near any pretense if its not dealt with at the root (which has always been the self, not the system)
    Last edited by Bertrand; 06-02-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    exactly, it feels like wyrd is mainly displacing a lot of his own bias and negative affect onto the system and then trying to "send it out" as if that would purge the evil

also, Jeremy is right inasmuch its assuming a lot to think people prefer beta. I mean, subjectively, I feel like beta sucks so I just feel bad for these people, but I don't want to stop them somehow because beta sucks, I would only want them to change inasmuch as it would help them find themselves (if they were in fact alpha, for example. if they're really beta I neither share their fetish for it, nor care to level things out. it is what it is. if people "want" to be what constitutes an "inferior type" in my mind I recognize that as a value judgement only I hold so its not the basis to try to "improve" someone on. I do however want to see everyone become the best version of themselves, so if I think alpha is more "accurate" in a way that is value free, then I feel like I have a duty to say something because if its in good faith pursuit of the truth or accuracy then I owe it to people to be truthful to them as best I see it. in other words, I don't lie to preserve people's feelings because that assumes their feelings should be hurt by my assessments, which they shouldn't. they are after all, only mine
    I just don't care for them, because my specific opposites just seem like they are continuously devolving (negativist) as human beings. Cousin of mine is IEI who thinks he is SLE, and we get along well enough, but I can't talk to the dude about anything serious, because he's just hellbent about becoming weirder and crappier.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I also get this impression from Wyrds posts from time to time. And then because I'm a 6 I wonder if I'm projecting my projections

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I also get this impression from Wyrds posts from time to time. And then because I'm a 6 I wonder if I'm projecting my projections
    the main thing is you wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    I just don't care for them, because my specific opposites just seem like they are continuously devolving (negativist) as human beings. Cousin of mine is IEI who thinks he is SLE, and we get along well enough, but I can't talk to the dude about anything serious, because he's just hellbent about becoming weirder and crappier.
    yes, I get that distinct impression and I believe it stems from their absolute refusal to ever admit moral culpability, because they live in pathological fear of what others would do to them if they did (on the basis of what they continually do to others who do!)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the main thing is you wonder

yes, I get that distinct impression and I believe it stems from their absolute refusal to ever admit moral culpability, because they live in pathological fear of what others would do to them if they did (on the basis of what they continually do to others who do!)
    IEI is basically "bang me and then do everything for me." SLE is basically "I'm confused that I'm a man. Duh, okay."