Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ISTjs and following rules, order, regulations: Socionics vs. the reality

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    LSIs sound like really cool, stoic, disciplined people that I would never want to meet in person.
    Lol I usually get along great with them, but I suppose that makes sense given they're my Activator. Other than relatives he's been my friend for longer than anybody else
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The LSI woman I know was kinda hyper obedient at following the rules of society in a boring way but she secretly enjoyed it if other people broke rules because she wanted to be the one that corrected them. I actually used to REALLY piss her off before because even tho I'm IEI- I'm also like this, and I almost always follow rules of society even tho I'm provocative online. She was annoying at first, but over time I made her into a more sensitive person- I think IEIs kinda naturally correct the fucked up shit other Betas do but the problem is IEI is just some shy loser that usually likes to just keep to ourselves too much instead of interact with ppl in the real world, but socionics is based on real world changes not IEI fantasies and ideals. So yeah it's not really good to be so rigid and insensitive with others like that... and when she finally cried I ate her tears and said 'good job you're human now.' j/k not literally but it was sort of like that.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I'm always surprised to read such descriptions of ISTjs how they are supposed to love rules, order, and regulations, when the socionics "benchmark" for LSI is Joseph Stalin - the man who went against the existing order, against every conceivable rule, against the regulations of his era
    First off, Stalin was an SLE not LSI. Secondly, ESI (dreissers) are the rule abiding citizens not LSI. Dreissers make rules so that we live a more ethical civilized society. LSI accept the rules so that they can have an organized life. "follow the traffic rules properly so we don't get stuck in traffic and can go about our lives".

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Is there something fundamentally wrong with the way socionics describes ISTjs, their behavior, in everyday life as well

It depends? The person describing for starters is not an LSI so, predictably she is gonna be somewhat biased and describe things with her own words. Her words mean something to her and can mean somehting completely different to you.

Both ESI and LSI are similar in the sense of introverted rational types but the reason why they follow rules are completely different.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All descriptions of any type you'll find online are either a "perfect version" of the type, or a compilation of similar traits that are most common among a group of people belonging to the same type.

IRL , people are more diverse and more different , they're also affected by factors such as upbringing, ideas, beliefs, etc

The basic rule is that rational types are more disciplined and committed to rules and laws, but this doesn't mean that they are all equal and 100% disciplined , commitment, etc.
    Souls know their way back home

Haikus
    TIM
    SLI-C
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Scalding Gayser View Post
    The LSI woman I know was kinda hyper obedient at following the rules of society in a boring way but she secretly enjoyed it if other people broke rules because she wanted to be the one that corrected them.
    Sounds like the recipe for a steamy relationship with an SEE.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its about duty, honestly. They just see it as "the way". They can change but it takes a long time, and/or huge shocks to the system that leaves them with no other choice.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope View Post
    First off, Stalin was an SLE not LSI. Secondly, ESI (dreissers) are the rule abiding citizens not LSI. Dreissers make rules so that we live a more ethical civilized society. LSI accept the rules so that they can have an organized life. "follow the traffic rules properly so we don't get stuck in traffic and can go about our lives".
    I got shingles in January. I spent a lot of painful moments lying in bed watching youtube videos. I watched a bunch of stuff on Russia, past and present. I was curious about Russian history, which isn't something we learn a lot of in North America.

Stalin was an evil son of a bitch. And yes, I think his story represents the epitome of the shadow of the beta quadra. He was just as depraved as ******, but his evil was almost more insipid because it was freightnenly sustainable. When power and control merge with the human endeavour, the need to belong, the need to create a better life, and the corrupted need to CONTROL....... Russia to this day is left with this legacy. I do think ultimately he was an introvert type. The death of his wife (murder/suicide??) pretty much ruined him for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    Sounds like the recipe for a steamy relationship with an SEE.
    lol.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj: follow their personal conduct rules (professionalism and planning situations to reach the most precise result)
    ISTp: follow their personal instincts (whatever makes them feel good and makes them reach the result)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123