Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
Does that mean I might be seeing you sometime soon? I've already met two female duals from the forum. It would be fun to be able to meet a potential identical next. And once you master the language, teach me, sensei...

I'll be going from Canada to Tokyo this June 19th, and I have the following goals I'd like to meet:
- Upgrading my driver's license by taking a road test that 50% of people here fail on their first try, and pass on my first (or second ) try. Then getting an international driving permit before I leave.
- Scoring at the highest level for the business Japanese proficiency test I'll be taking in Tokyo after the first week I land, if not acing the test (this latter part might be a little ambitious lol).
- Passing the national JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test -- a general one) in the second most difficult category, which I'll be taking a few days after the previous one. My practical problem solving skills are much higher than my written raw vocabulary skills so I will need to study much harder for this one.
- Finding a job in my chosen field in or around Tokyo that will give me a working visa (it's not teaching English btw).
- Losing some more weight / toning up. My Canadian Arctic whale blubber will be no match for the East Asian summer heat, so I won't need to push myself too much with this one.
I'll be there for a while, so my conversational level won't cut it, have to really dedicate myself this time around.

Let's see how we do in our Nippon and weight goals, best of luck for us