Hybrid View

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The "how to do it" in detail, you see that as Ti? Si?

I don't find them scary. Pseudoaggressor only, a victim type in actuality.

Would seem like a waste of time only until you realize you need the deeper understanding to solve certain programming issues quickly lol. I used to work with an LIE and I would run circles around him whenever dealing with certain issues requiring that deeper understanding.

Lol this opinion you have of LSI/EIE... I actually find it funny, not offensive, the way you put it.
    Yes good point, what I meant by why and how, now I see is actually more Si rather than Ti. And if the deeper understanding is needed for work then of course I will try my best to learn and know all the material, but LIIs and ILEs I see they solve puzzles and code for fun, which is not for me.
    You sound kind of condescending. What Bertrand said makes alots of sense to me

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Yes good point, what I meant by why and how, now I see is actually more Si rather than Ti. And if the deeper understanding is needed for work then of course I will try my best to learn and know all the material, but LIIs and ILEs I see they solve puzzles and code for fun, which is not for me.
    You sound kind of condescending. What Bertrand said makes alots of sense to me
    I thought the same Si vs Ti. I only describe how to do something in detail if someone asks me to (but then it's easy to do).

I don't solve puzzles/code for fun, that might be the Ti with Ne.

I was not intending to be condescending, what felt like that to you? If I seemed condescending to you then what on earth was Bertrand's stuff? Something even worse... But I tried to take it as a joke instead of getting annoyed. Now if that was condescending to you that I found it funny, not my problem.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the same Si vs Ti. I only describe how to do something in detail if someone asks me to (but then it's easy to do).

I don't solve puzzles/code for fun, that might be the Ti with Ne.

I was not intending to be condescending, what felt like that to you? If I seemed condescending to you then what on earth was Bertrand's stuff? Something even worse... But I tried to take it as a joke instead of getting annoyed. Now if that was condescending to you that I found it funny, not my problem.
    I meant a bit condescending overall, with lol and what you said about victim-aggressor. That is just a sexual role. My LIE professor whom I work with seems scary to many people because he is very serious about work and doesn't accept excuses etc. But once you know him it is clear that he is actually a good guy and not scary. My experience with beta quadra has been similar to his, so that is why it makes sense to me

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I meant a bit condescending overall, with lol and what you said about victim-aggressor. That is just a sexual role. My LIE professor whom I work with seems scary to many people because he is very serious about work and doesn't accept excuses etc. But once you know him it is clear that he is actually a good guy and not scary. My experience with beta quadra has been similar to his, so that is why it makes sense to me
    Again, if that was condescending then Bertrand's stuff was way more condescending even tho' he didn't use emoticons.

The Victim stuff, think it goes a bit beyond just it being a sexual role. That's how I see it from an Se pov. It absolutely was not meant to be condescending, I find it attractive.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cosmic Teapot
    Found some info that would definitely prevent conflict between me and my SLI sister:

The ENTj also likes to play the "stand up comedian". He can make himself look a lot more stupid than he really is, just to amuse people. Sometimes this gets him in trouble because he behaves in inappropriate ways just to be funny. As an example, he has a habit of making humor with a double meaning (often geared towards sex), which, coupled with his disdain for social conventions, often makes him appear as a lot ruder than he really is. The ENTj isn't always aware of how he comes off to others, so excuse him if he seems a little crude sometimes.

The ENTj is, deep inside, a romantic (although he will forcefully deny this). He believes in love in a nearly childish way: pure and idealistic. He rarely lets people know about it, but he is rather a sensitive person inside. When he falls in love with someone it can take incredible proportions. He can idealize the other person and put them on a pedestal. The ENTj hides this softness behind a big psychological fortress that makes him look tougher than he really is. Take the time to get to know an ENTj. Once you're in his close circle, you're in for life.
    He has a tendency to get into heated debates and arguments. The ENTj is invigorated and thrilled by these. He rarely has hostile feelings against people, though. The ENTj is neutral towards most people. He has no desire to hurt others. The ENTj will rarely be envious or jealous of others.
    Indeed, he came come off as intimidating sometimes and willing to dominate others (usually when he fears he's going to get controlled).
    The ENTj is not passive-aggressive. He confronts people when something is wrong, and then often doesn't hold a grudge.
    Don't ever take a debate personally with an ENTj. Don't get hurt by his logic and then try to hurt him in return (when he wasn't intending to do any harm in the first place). Don't try to control, manipulate or dupe him. Because once he finds out, he will try to get even with you by all means.
    It has been wrongly assumed that the ENTj is necessarily a controlling and bossy individual. In reality, he doesn't really care about bossing people around for it's own sake. What he's interested in is getting things done in the most efficient way.
    However, an ENTj, contrary to a lot of types, will not seek positions of power for power, but simply because he wants to have the freedom of implementing the best possible decisions. He fundamentally loves independence.
    The ENTj may appear quite blunt and direct because he has no patience with superficialities. He likes to get straight to the point. This isn't intended to be mean. It's just a way for him to save time and "move on" more quickly. He is not afraid of speaking the truth about things openly. He is a very straightforward person. What you see is what you get. The ENTj tells people in front what he thinks of them. He is not the type to gossip endlessly in the back of others. He prefers to act upon a situation and speak up to the person in an effort to change things.
    The ENTj can talk a lot about subjects in which he is interested in, but remain very silent in any topic he finds slightly boring (which includes most topics in small talk). When he's into something, he can get very passionate and start gesticulating energetically. He may speak "with his hands" a lot.
    The ENTj works very fast. He loves to be able to efficiently execute tasks
    The difference with other NT's is that once the ENTj has found something new, he wants to shout it to the rest of the people in the world and convince them that they were wrong. This makes the ENTj look like a Galileo trying to tell people that the earth is round. Few people like to have their beliefs challenged this way and so the ENTj can sometimes appear as pretentious. Fortunately, this attitude is also what makes him a potential leader.
    Indeed, he is so eager about the future that he cannot seem to be able to let the present unfold normally.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Victim stuff, think it goes a bit beyond just it being a sexual role. That's how I see it from an Se pov. It absolutely was not meant to be condescending, I find it attractive.
    Apparently it does actually. But I guess I just don't like the term "victim"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Apparently it does actually. But I guess I just don't like the term "victim"
    I think LIE's have a hard time using force in the way that Se-doms do. This is good in the sense that we are more diplomatic, and bad in the sense that we usually can't "force" people to do things by dint of personality.

Instead, I think LIE's tend to use "consequences", along the lines of "If you don't want to do it, you don't have to. But if you don't, then this will happen."

I've used this approach myself in various guises.

When I was Production Manager for a machine tool company, I told a guy to wash the floor (using a machine) and blow all the dirt out the bay doors. He said, "I don't think I can do that."
    I thought WTF? We're not a Union shop. I don't have time for this.
    I told him he didn't have to do it, but if he didn't, he might as well go home, because I didn't have any other work for him.

Now, I use that approach with business contracts, but it is basically the same approach.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think LIE's have a hard time using force in the way that Se-doms do. This is good in the sense that we are more diplomatic, and bad in the sense that we usually can't "force" people to do things by dint of personality.

Instead, I think LIE's tend to use "consequences", along the lines of "If you don't want to do it, you don't have to. But if you don't, then this will happen."

I've used this approach myself in various guises.

When I was Production Manager for a machine tool company, I told a guy to wash the floor (using a machine) and blow all the dirt out the bay doors. He said, "I don't think I can do that."
    I thought WTF? We're not a Union shop. I don't have time for this.
    I told him he didn't have to do it, but if he didn't, he might as well go home, because I didn't have any other work for him.

Now, I use that approach with business contracts, but it is basically the same approach.
    Yes, one has to be diplomatic in order to inspire ESIs. Sometimes they run away from facing new possibilities. Using too much Se doesn't work for them. You need to give them lots and lots of information and stratgically over the course of time stimulate that part of their brain you know can be stimulated till they finally show some reaction .
    Only an Ni valuing type can see how you got here from what I said