Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
I think it is worthy to note, as somewhat stated above, about 'the right kind of person/people'

For delta NFs, I think it's extremely important for them to be around the right kind of people in general - which might seem strange to 'younger nfs'. Over time they realize that their receptiveness and sensitive nature needs and requires certain things from other people.

To an extent I think this is particularly true with both Fi dominants in one way, and both delta NFs, in slightly other ways. Fi doms are sometimes more stuck in their feelings and potentially their ruts and do better when there is a constant/steady flow of EJ energy, or activity, so as to be brought along by that stream. Delta NFs in general are actually highly contingent on the people around them, for better or worse, IMO. If they have stable relations and their goals are clear, they can be at their best. Often times relational matters can dominate or influence their ability to perceive their goals, so over time it becomes more clear that they can't really be around people that are significantly unstable, or don't have a sense of progress or development or pursuit around them.

In reality I think this is true for everyone, but I think it's very important for delta NFS to realize it such that they can easily expend a lot of energy mitigating and compensating the lack of it, and it really doesn't do them well in the long term.

Specific to EIIs, and there are some classic profiles that mention this, they can struggle with self-regulation in terms of knoiwng what is the right amount to do, or how to measure certain things. A profile says "They will work when others are working and rest when others are resting", which I think has some general validity. More so, they just have specific environmental needs and a kind of support + autonomy requirement. I think Se POLR people can often not be sure how to measure the right amount of effort at various times and prefer people who do know but are not too forceful about managing it (strong but unvalued Se helps).

Over time, healthy EIIs seem to develop a good knowledge of their own methods and routines and know their habits for getting things done, and move to project those things proactively. I think it's just as much a matter of external factors as it is EIIs developing their assuredness about what it is that needs to take place, and then making that happen for themselves. Between that happening and learning how to Say No to other people that would interfere, that's basically all they need.

I find EIIs quite naturally into creation and development of something and have the ability to focus on and flesh out such things. The more clear the targets and less the distractions (as above), the less problems they have.
very true
is this what you're doing now @Delilah?
I don't get distracted when I work and I work very qualitatively. I have seen a general difference between my SEE coworkers and myself. When I work no one can distract me, where they get distracted and drop the things they are doing to please other. I tell my boss "you want quality or you want to wait?" I think over the many years I've worked at the same job he likes my diligence
Also, I tend to avoid being everywhere all the time; I'm self contained like you mentioned so I tend to be stationary somewhere for a long time, comfortably. Ep's get restless, have to get up talk to people, interact.