Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
???! Why would it be interpreted as ignorance/blindness to the problems of the person? (I'm not talking about SLIs here, just in general. I've seen this behaviour even from EIE so definitely not SLI specific. But I'm baffled when this happens.)
Because we discussed the cause for my bad mood over and over and she would repeatedly deny that there are any problems.
Imagine you sit there with a visibly broken foot and your mother looks at you and asks "So. What's the problem? I see nothing wrong".
A broken foot is an exaggeration obviously but the point is she should have known by now. It's visible. I have dark circles under my eyes since weeks. Any empathic human being who is not deliberately blind to this would have seen this.
And nah - talking to neighbors doesn't (/didn't) solve anything. Children are precious. They need to have their freedom to be awake the whole night. /s

edit: What I'm trying to say is - I've seen Fe-Polr's prefer to be "just understood" without having to explain their feelings to anyone.