User Tag List

Thread: Socionics-Newbie Coming Through

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Socionics-Newbie Coming Through

Hey guys nice to meet you here! The three personality typology "system's" (I don't quite know how to call them) I know of and have some degree of knowledge in is MBTI, Enneagram and Socionics, but the only one which I'm "kind-of-well-versed-in" is MBTI, where I can quite confidently go into the basics for someone who is new to and wants to learn a bit more about MBTI. I've always wanted to learn more about the other personality typology systems like Socionics though, which is why I've joined this forum, since I've read a little on Socionics and it seems very interesting.

(I can't fully deny that I didn't make this introduction because of the yellow heading at the top of the forum saying "Please introduce yourself by making a post in the introduction's forum to get full access to all features of the forum like chatbox!" and I just don't want to miss out on some of the features here so here's my introduction )

Oh and maybe some general information on me? (If anyone's interested) In MBTI, I think INTP best describes me though there are definitely parts I don't agree with. For socionics, I'm positively considering INTj based on a test I've done and reading the description with quite resonated with me, but as I know the categorisation goes like LII here so you can see that I'm not really knowledgable about this area, which is why I'm here. My enneagram is 5w4 (not sure about the instinctual variants) but then again, I am not completely sure because mistyping can happen very easily especially when you self-type, such as conforming to one personality type just because you want to be the person as described in the type's descriptions, and hence the type you identify as instead becomes the type you want to be. And also on the over-generalisations as well as too positive descriptions of each type and skew the results too.

Well oops I guess I've rambled on a bit too much, (which happens way to often) but anyways nice to meet you guys here and I hope I'll be able to pick up more knowledge on socionics here ^_^

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, @Cold

I'm ILI-Ni 5w4. Not all enneagram types are the same socionics type, so it doesn't mean much, or just might after all. Who knows.

In MBTI I was INTP, but I did learn my typing from before MBTI knowing I was introverted and multitasking, even sloppy, like meaning not sequential, and I know where everything is in my mess, not a J on any typing system. So "functions" never made sense to me at MBTI but "functions" make total sense to me in Socionics.

NiTe are my first two functions. introverted intuition and extroverted thinking. I consider myself Ni-subtype of ILI.

Reading Type Descriptions for ILI (INTp) in socionics is different to me from some other types in socionics in that, other type descriptions do describe but the ILI suits me to a T, just feels kind of bland, but that's why the other descriptions are nearly me, but aren't, they share some of the wonderful internal workings that make up an ILI, ILI is a cold, NT kind of person, yet not at all.

Rambling on is very ILI too, from personal experience.

So read up on functions and then once that's understood, type descriptions.

Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Greetings Cold