Thread: Type My Friend (Member Questionnaire)

Threaded View

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Food View Post
    He asked me what his strengths and weaknesses are once, and I replied "I'd say being intelligent and being empathetic are your biggest strengths. Being impatient is probably your biggest weakness." He's very concerned about hurting strangers that he just met. He said he doesn't want to befriend any more people because he doesn't want to hurt them.
    I think LII is possible and even more likely than EII. (based on his views on war.) He does not take a definite stance against it but accepts the rationality behind it and wants to minimize the damage and cruelty. I suppose an Fi-Leading type would condemn any form of violence (particularly as Delta Se-Polr).
    Not wanting to hurt any more people and thus not befriending them is not type related. That's a form of reasoning that leads back to his insecurities. So I won't take that into account when it comes to typing.
    His impatience is uncharacteristic (for LII and EII ) though. Does that come from low self-esteem or is he someone that prefers quick results and decisions?
    I know ISFp's that are impatient in the sense that they like to solve problems as soon as they appear. What speaks against ISFp?

I don't think he has a favorite musician, but he likes David Bowie. His main hobbies/interests are cooking, fashion, drugs, and video games. He went to college for programming, but said that not being able to focus and complete things stressed him out too much. He spends most of his time indoors trying to keep himself entertained with videos, games, various things on the internet.
    I'd like to point out that "hobbies/interests are cooking, fashion, drugs, and video games" also fits to an Si-leading type.

When he's comfortable he's more goofy and content, but he's normally pretty serious. I believe EII is most likely as well. Si mobilizing is apparent. I've been torn between EII/LII since I met him.
    This is from Gulenko's description of SEI:http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...ile_by_Gulenko
    The SEI is usually friendly and pleasant in communication. Very considerate of his own conveniences and those of others. Attentive and caring in relation to his close ones. Often takes the position of the "golden mean" in a work group. Loves beautiful objects and images, and a familiar, comfortable atmosphere.
    Emotional, internally attuned to others, responsive. Seeks to cheer up others with jokes, games, witty comments, and clever retorts. Tries not to get drawn into debates and arguments, wants to be in good relations with everyone. Knows how to negotiate with people in an informal environment.
    Hides his own problems. Shows courage and optimism. Won't make promises if he's not certain that he will be able to carry them out. Wary of people who are intrusive and who could take away his time.
    Works at a pace most convenient to himself. He works productively only if he is working for himself and for the people he's interested in. In other cases, the SEI won't burden himself too much and will try to avoid strenuous expenditures of effort. His productivity is heavily dependent on his mood. Will try to evade boring but necessary work.
    Obviously does not fit completely since your friend is very withdrawn. After ILI the SEI is one of the most critical in the socion and uses his Ti as hidden agenda but not as cautious as a LII (his first reaction to disagreement is anger and not a step back to maintain a sense of objectivity). What speaks against Ti-leading is the fact that I don't see any orientation at researching, reading or interests that have a strong TiNe trait. So SEI > LII

What made me consider LII is that he doesn't seem to use Fi often enough for a base function, and I have a difficult time seeing him as having 3D Fe, but that could just be social anxiety. I showed him descriptions of Fi and Ti from sociotype.com, and he said he highly related to Ti base while not much relating to Fi base. He even saved the description of Ti base and has used it to show others what he values. He also related to the description of Fi role. He dislikes having to reveal his personal feelings to people, to the point of avoiding getting help or talking about extremely important issues. When someone once tried to illicit his personal feelings and opinions, he recoiled and was very uncomfortable with it. After we voice chatted for the first time, he said he was disappointed that the conversation lacked joviality, which I interpreted as Fe valuing. He also doesn't have clear likes and dislikes, has few personal sentiments or opinions, and rarely ever makes an ethical judgement. Although I suppose much of this could be attributed to being depressed/anxious, or I could be misunderstanding how IEs work.
    @Vespertine Could you give us your opinion on this if you have the time? I don't have enough understanding about Fi to make a competent judgment on whether EII is still a possibility. I think SEI > LII > EII is more likely. The opinion of an actual EII would be very helpful.
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 03-23-2017 at 12:28 PM.