Thread: Delta Atheism

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Economist View Post
    I identify with this so much. My favorite quote in favor of atheism is attributed to Marcus Aurelius: "Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid."
    @Subteigh Do you have a guess as to George Eliot's type within Delta?
    I agree with this quote %100 but I want to emphasize the conclusion is to live a good life, not that God doesn't exist

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I agree with this quote %100 but I want to emphasize the conclusion is to live a good life, not that God doesn't exist
    Sure, it's more of an argument for why living atheistically is morally OK, not for why atheism is "true." Like what I quoted from Subteigh, the point is that Delta might not care so much about the philosophical aspects like whether atheism is literally true--these things are unprovable, after all. Delta is more interested about the practical aspects like how to live one's life.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Economist View Post
    Sure, it's more of an argument for why living atheistically is morally OK, not for why atheism is "true." Like what I quoted from Subteigh, the point is that Delta might not care so much about the philosophical aspects like whether atheism is literally true--these things are unprovable, after all. Delta is more interested about the practical aspects like how to live one's life.
    absolutely