Thread: Completed questionnaire for assessment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Completed questionnaire for assessment.

Tell me about yourself.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I've been out of employment for a few months due to health/other circumstances, however it might be useful to consider:

I studied architecture, but did not pursue it as a career for a number of reasons.

I assist my brother who is a software developer with graphic design problems. I intend to go back to uni in the near future and change my life direction. I have several courses in mind but am, as of yet, undecided.

-I have a mind which is specifically tuned for developing theory, interpreting and modelling graphical data, and problem solving.

This is an example of my current favourite flavour of brain candy: http://www.hiveplot.com/

What are your values, and why?

I believe in freedom of speech.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

I write fiction for a hobby.

Writing is therapeutic for me as well as reflective.

I can express my interests, insights and philosophies then compare, contrast and react them with others in the form of characters (protagonist represents my own beliefs and philosophical outlook).

Of course, I spend far too much of my life surfing the internet…

And I write music and paint, although perhaps not as often as I should.

Also, I enjoy fantasy, sci-fi and anime/manga.

-I used devote far too much of my life to MMO and other addictive computer games, I don’t play them anymore.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

I have a very close relationship with my brother, we often discuss deeply science, technology and philosophy.

I have a so-so relationship with my parents, I see their failings and their strengths.

Have only one true friend, and we are ‘soul mates’, I suppose.

I’m really not a people person.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

I’d prefer to be on the same page as the person.

I suppose a mental rapport, loyalty, depth, mutual respect.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

I’m very much a non-confrontational person. I avoid conflict.

How would your friends describe you?

Interesting conversationalist, but I have been criticized for being discompassionate.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Perception, rationality and comprehension; the ability to think critically and entirely objectively. Also outside of the box.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

I daydream, I think too much, and too often avoid situations and people. I have suffered from anxiety and depression in the past as a consequence of letting this get out of hand.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

I’m independent, and prefer to remain that way.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?

I do not like being told what to do, and doing things which I believe unnecessary.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

I’d like to publish my books

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

Write, maybe spend a lot of time learning how to program intelligent graphics

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

-I actually like people to be critical and honest

-I don’t like people who are too huggy, smarmy or generally fake

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

I’ve a wall which is a montage. I stick interesting images up there.

Not the housework type really. I make sure the dishes are clean and the bins are out, but apart from that, it’s cluttered in here. Not a place for guests

How do you behave around strangers?

I’m generally nervous of them, but polite.

It depends on many factors; what is the circumstance of the meeting, who do they know that I know, how do they present themselves (behavior and dress)?

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

Verbal insult - I might say something sharp and apt back.

Physical assault – Fight vs flight – Flight always wins.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.

About me - I get misjudged by people who wrongly guess at my motives through the lens of their own motives.

Generally – too many to discuss, political, ethical and scientific.

What did you do last Friday?

I believe I visited my parents on that day.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

Finishing writing a book.

What is something you regret?

Not pursuing a career in architecture when I had the opportunity.

I regret this often.

Who do you admire, and why?

People at the cutting edge of science and technology (historically as well), because they are evolving our species.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

I do worry about remaining indefinitely single

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?

I am a pantheist.
    Spirit = energy from my perspective.
    +It’s entirely logical to me from a neo-Platonic perspective.

-Nothing/zero is a purely theoretical concept meaning non-existence, therefore blatantly cannot, has not, and could not ever exist.

Therefore, everything had to have come from something.

There must have been an origin, a singularity or one (energy source). You cannot multiply one by itself, neither can you add to one if there only is one, therefore the one must have had to divide itself into bits.

The first law of thermodynamics, also known as Law of conservation of Energy, states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

It can change form and split, however.

I’ve studied science and patterns in nature for years, and concluded from it that there is intelligent design which is encoded into everything.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?

I detest both political correctness and globalism.

The government is set up to deliberately polarize the population, and will manipulate and over-emphasize data in order to secure its objectives.

The system is corrupt and people do not embrace truth. They are blinded by ideals and have far too much faith in politics.

Personally, I cannot change it nor people’s minds nor make any impact, so I observe at a distance, hoping things will improve.

-I have my doubts.

Utopia translates as ‘no place’ in Greek, after all, so cannot essentially exist.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

I have no mind for business. My brother does, and I’d happily help him to set one up. I am not one who enjoys being in a position of responsibility.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

I prefer solitude and prefer work which is intellectually challenging.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

Physics, chemistry and art.

I enjoy thinking deeply about how and why everything works, and, as I mentioned, I enjoy visual mathematics. Vector dynamics, coordinate geometry and structural formula very much appeal to me, and especially the surrounding theories.

I enjoy all kinds of art, and the symbolism encoded within it.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

I don’t like being in charge of anything.

I expect others to do what they are paid to do in a work environment.

I don’t expect much more than that, however.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

I went to London with my friend to visit that friend’s friend.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?

Strange. I was the weird kid. The one who studied plants, insects and their anatomy.

Didn’t really ever understand how to become popular. Never particularly wanted to either.

What was your high school experience like?

I fitted in with others who enjoyed science/fantasy/sci-fi/board games/computers (aka nerds).

Talk about a significant event from your life.

Nothing I want to discuss.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

It depends on the kid/s.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

My main concern would be that they got a decent education, and that they were able to be themselves and forge their own path without anyone forcing them into any particular mold. Education is of particular importance so the child would be fully equipped with a range of skills and abilities to allow them more life opportunities.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Yes and no.

I can change if/when I am ready to.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I think that humanity is largely too self-obsessed, delusional and oblivious.

The largest social problem is unequal distribution of wealth and resources. This pervades every aspect of society.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

I review what I want and change course if necessary.

Nothing really matters that much. We’ll all be worm-food someday.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

No.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?

Very rarely.

I’m usually extremely calm, unnaturally so.

In fact, my friend once yelled at me, “Don’t you ever get angry?” I just sat there, staring, confused.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

I went out for a long walk, a meal and a drink with my brother.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

It’s been bills week, and I had to pay them all. As I mentioned, I am out of work and bills are awkward.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

Just be yourself and try to enjoy it, whatever your experience.

-You’ll be dead some day.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

I think somewhere in my own mind. Actually, I’m obsessed with the concept of black holes.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

I wear what I like, but can dress to impress if I have to.

Do you like surprises?

Depends on what they are.

Is there anything else important about you that we should know?

Last edited by Valravn; 06-29-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Formatting