Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Type is the best at Typing?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Which Type is the best at Typing?

... and also: why?

I suggest that ILE takes the crown. Spots potential in cognition and categorizes/makes sense of it - - according to the relevant, factual parts. (This may be biased because of Augusta but the combination seems objectively the best to me.)

Now your turn. Let the battle begin!

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    ... and also: why?

I suggest that ILE takes the crown. Spots potential in cognition and categorizes/makes sense of it - - according to the relevant, factual parts. (This may be biased because of Augusta but the combination seems objectively the best to me.)

Now your turn. Let the battle begin!

I really don't think this correlation exists. But based on the ILEs I've know, it wouldn't be them. For the sake of argument, EIE or SEE.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I really don't think this correlation exists. But based on the ILEs I've know, it wouldn't be them. For the sake of argument, EIE or SEE.
    And why?

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And why?
    By personal experience both times have a natural ability and interest (not always conscious) at sizing people up psychologically at first meeting. They tend keep an analysis going on the backburner at all times until the Eureka moment presents then with a final accurate answer.

But I could argue any type, really, because it's just a matter of how you use the tools, no the tools itself that makes one a good typist (does that even exist?)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

By personal experience both times have a natural ability and interest (not always conscious) at sizing people up psychologically at first meeting. They tend keep an analysis going on the backburner at all times until the Eureka moment presents then with a final accurate answer.

But I could argue any type, really, because it's just a matter of how you use the tools, no the tools itself that makes one a good typist (does that even exist?)
    Backburner analysis and eureka is connected to - which is essence. Sizing up also falls into that.
    Hm it's both, toolset and IME

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backburner analysis and eureka is connected to - which is essence. Sizing up also falls into that.
    Hm it's both, toolset and IME
    Oh really, then I'm Ego too, who knew.

You're basically saying there is one way to skin a cat, I'm saying there are many. If you attribute every mental ability or process to a certain function or type as if only types had epiphanies for example, you'll never type accurately. I mean you once typed me ILI because I make loads of temporal references...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

No one type is really good at it. Maybe someone who is skilled in psychology has an edge above others and I am not talking about armchair psychologists. Due to the nature of perception you are going to feel what you want to feel or see what you want to see, in the process dismissing information to the contrary of what you want to believe. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you get it wrong. Nature of the beast. Even skilled psychiatrists can be clueless to the inner workings of others.

Having said that, I still think it can be useful to question intuition and logic when typing. It will help you learn the difference between intuition, thoughts laced with feeling and how you are influenced by your beliefs in every moment. Know thyself kind of thing, it helps you be more objective when dealing with others.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh really, then I'm Ego too, who knew.

You're basically saying there is one way to skin a cat, I'm saying there are many. If you attribute every mental ability or process to a certain function or type as if only types had epiphanies for example, you'll never type accurately. I mean you once typed me ILI because I make loads of temporal references...
    We're looking for the best! Square up. It's obvious typing is universally viable. Don't forget I'm PoLR, accurate categorizing is my weak spot. That's why I pointed to ILE in the first place mwah

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

extro preception lead would give the most objective accurate typings. Intro preception lead most advanced typos. Judgelead seem to like to have the back and forth discussion til they agree. But what it really come down to is something that is not type related.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're looking for the best! Square up. It's obvious typing is universally viable. Don't forget I'm PoLR, accurate categorizing is my weak spot. That's why I pointed to ILE in the first place mwah
    And would be the best because...? I can argue it's actually the worst, too many alternative interpretations, no focus. Paired with , that's a perfect recipe for confirmation bias.

And I never referred to its viability, but precisely about optimality. No function configuration gets a headstart.

But then I'm reminded I'm yet again arguing with you about something we both agreed on: your penchant for fitting every penny in a slot. That's actually how your PoLR manifests to me, I don't really notice any issues from you with categories except your insistence in making them u in the first place.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And would be the best because...? I can argue it's actually the worst, too many alternative interpretations, no focus. Paired with , that's a perfect recipe for confirmation bias.

And I never referred to its viability, but precisely about optimality. No function configuration gets a headstart.

But then I'm reminded I'm yet again arguing with you about something we both agreed on: your penchant for fitting every penny in a slot. That's actually how your PoLR manifests to me, I don't really notice any issues from you with categories except your insistence in making them u in the first place.
    Ne gives alternatives which exactly avoids confirmation bias and then systematizes it. Did you see slater's typings? Very fast and accurate (and also abundant). Headstart: I don't think Si could metabolize typing information as NeTi unless Ti HA or Te creative is thrown into the mix.
    Heh. But does not having ambiguity in a perfect system mean I use Ti? In that case, proclaim me as LSI and never challenge my PoLR again

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne gives alternatives which exactly avoids confirmation bias and then systematizes it. Did you see slater's typings? Very fast and accurate (and also abundant). Headstart: I don't think Si could metabolize typing information as NeTi unless Ti HA or Te creative is thrown into the mix.
    Heh. But does not having ambiguity in a perfect system mean I use Ti? In that case, proclaim me as LSI and never challenge my PoLR again
    Oh really and does operates in a void? Because gets accused of only accepting information that already confirms what it believes in all the time. And I'm saying this as a Ego. You idealize the functions too much.

You haven't met any SLI typists, obviously. Beware, they're insanely good.

It's not about ambiguity at all, it's about variety. Your mental ecosystem can't compute it, apparently. Apples are always apples, oranges are always oranges, yet apples and oranges even being completely different, can both exist in the same environment and be used for the same purposes.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh really and does operates in a void? Because gets accused of only accepting information that already confirms what it believes in all the time. And I'm saying this as a Ego. You idealize the functions too much.

You haven't met any SLI typists, obviously. Beware, they're insanely good.

It's not about ambiguity at all, it's about variety. Your mental ecosystem can't compute it, apparently. Apples are always apples, oranges are always oranges, yet apples and oranges even being completely different, can both exist in the same environment and be used for the same purposes.
    Functions are ideals in the first place. Ne operates in a void until Ti is added. Believing is not a good way to handle information

Show me an example.

But that contradicts everything NeFi stands for.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Functions are ideals in the first place. Ne operates in a void until Ti is added. Believing is not a good way to handle information

Show me an example.

But that contradicts everything NeFi stands for.
    I am shocked you'd believe there is any space or lapse of time between function pairs, really.

In this forum I don't know any. In the other two Socionic ones, a couple but mostly, real life examples.

Precisely, you are a walking contradiction. That, or you aren't IEE at all. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am shocked you'd believe there is any space or lapse of time between function pairs, really.

In this forum I don't know any. In the other two Socionic ones, a couple but mostly, real life examples.

Precisely, you are a walking contradiction. That, or you aren't IEE at all. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Sure there is, functions follow order. So there is space and time. Socionists use the concept of rings here.
    ---> @mclane! Check him out.
    Mmmmhhh

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure there is, functions follow order. So there is space and time. Socionists use the concept of rings here.
    ---> @mclane! Check him out.
    Mmmmhhh
    Absolutely, but you can't perceive it any more than you can perceive one second leading into the other unless you're reading a clock or a chronometer.

Yes rings, but a circle has no end or beginning so indeed, very "ideal".

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Absolutely, but you can't perceive it any more than you can perceive one second leading into the other unless you're reading a clock or a chronometer.

Yes rings, but a circle has no end or beginning so indeed, very "ideal".
    Do you really know that the difference is so small between a switch?
    As I say.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really know that the difference is so small between a switch?
    As I say.
    Nobody can "know" anything in theory in the sense you intend the word to mean it. But I'm among the group that strongly believes, from my MBTI days already, that is precisely how tied and woven together they are that makes identifying them so difficult at times. It's not like pausing a frame on a screen during a movie to analyze it, here we are doing it while the pictures are moving.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nobody can "know" anything in theory in the sense you intend the word to mean it. But I'm among the group that strongly believes, from my MBTI days already, that is precisely how tied and woven together they are that makes identifying them so difficult at times. It's not like pausing a frame on a screen during a movie to analyze it, here we are doing it while the pictures are moving.
    They are interwoven but you can see how they are blocked - Delta Te always comes with Si, Beta Fe with Ni and so on. Change is the process of all existence, that's what the system was build on as a beginning either way so that's obvious.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Wow, this can be explained by, socionics.

Super-ego
    Socionics.us

These are relations of mutual respect between partners. Super-Ego partners may think of each other as a distant and slightly mysterious ideal. They often show interest in each other's manners, behaviour and thought composition. Both partners experience a warm feeling towards each other, but for the outsider, these relations may look cold.

If Super-Ego partners cannot find common interests, their interaction can become very formal. Partners normally think more about expressing their own point of view than listening to their partner. This expression comes from the confident side of one of the partners reaching the unconfident side of the other partner. The latter tries to defend themselves by projecting their confident points in return. Partners normally show interest and respect to each other if they do not know each other well enough. When partners start more close interaction, they start experiencing many problems.

Super-Ego partners may think that they understand each other well. However, when it comes to day to day matters or co-operative activity, partners start thinking that their partner is deliberately trying to do everything wrong. Super-Ego partners are not interested and do not make each other aware of their intentions. Therefore their actions may look exactly opposite to what was expected. Although the hope and the feeling between partners may remain as before, it does not prevent the conflicts penetrating their relationship.

When both partners are extroverts, one of them usually feels more unsatisfied with their position. The explanation for this is that they believe that the other partner does not pay as much attention to them as they should and are too occupied with their own matters. Between two introvert partners, one is always thinks about the other as being too obtrusive and clingy. In any case, friction usually begins when partners shift to a more close relationship.

I might stay tuned for awhile.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are interwoven but you can see how they are blocked - Delta Te always comes with Si, Beta Fe with Ni and so on. Change is the process of all existence, that's what the system was build on as a beginning either way so that's obvious.
    You can't even see how contradictory you are, can you? I say any this without any hint of irony, because it really amuses me

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aylen I love the attention. More *^*

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You can't even see how contradictory you are, can you? I say any this without any hint of irony, because it really amuses me
    Don't care. It's just the question of why it bothers you so much Amusement is good

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Wow, this can be explained by, socionics.

Super-ego
    Socionics.us

These are relations of mutual respect between partners. Super-Ego partners may think of each other as a distant and slightly mysterious ideal. They often show interest in each other's manners, behaviour and thought composition. Both partners experience a warm feeling towards each other, but for the outsider, these relations may look cold.

If Super-Ego partners cannot find common interests, their interaction can become very formal. Partners normally think more about expressing their own point of view than listening to their partner. This expression comes from the confident side of one of the partners reaching the unconfident side of the other partner. The latter tries to defend themselves by projecting their confident points in return. Partners normally show interest and respect to each other if they do not know each other well enough. When partners start more close interaction, they start experiencing many problems.

Super-Ego partners may think that they understand each other well. However, when it comes to day to day matters or co-operative activity, partners start thinking that their partner is deliberately trying to do everything wrong. Super-Ego partners are not interested and do not make each other aware of their intentions. Therefore their actions may look exactly opposite to what was expected. Although the hope and the feeling between partners may remain as before, it does not prevent the conflicts penetrating their relationship.

When both partners are extroverts, one of them usually feels more unsatisfied with their position. The explanation for this is that they believe that the other partner does not pay as much attention to them as they should and are too occupied with their own matters. Between two introvert partners, one is always thinks about the other as being too obtrusive and clingy. In any case, friction usually begins when partners shift to a more close relationship.

I might stay tuned for awhile.
    Yes.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't care. It's just the question of why it bothers you so much Amusement is good
    I'm Ego, inconsistency ruffles my feathers

But really, it doesn't really bother me anymore (coming from you), haven't you noticed? It just comes with the territory, I even let it pass without commenting on it sometimes(even earlier today). Debatings is always super fun

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm Ego, inconsistency ruffles my feathers

But really, it doesn't really bother me anymore (coming from you), haven't you noticed? It just comes with the territory, I even let it pass without commenting on it sometimes(even earlier today). Debatings is always super fun

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw A Football Life on NFL Network featuring Troy Aikman. In high school he won the Oklahoma State typing championship. 90 some words a minute. I believe he is LSI.

If you don't like that @Chae I can make you bleed your own blood.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends what type of typing method they like to use. Types with good -Ne/+Ni (it can be igoring, creative, role, DS, demonstrative, anything as long as it's good) are the best at Visual Identification. Types with good -Te/+Ti are good at a process of elimination approach, types with good -Ti/+Te are good at comparing the database from what a type should be, and the case in question (directly identifying the type). Types with good +Ne/-Ni will be able to instantly know what type someone is. Etc.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatesyardwork View Post
    I saw A Football Life on NFL Network featuring Troy Aikman. In high school he won the Oklahoma State typing championship. 90 some words a minute. I believe he is LSI.

If you don't like that @Chae I can make you bleed your own blood.
    I believe @Vespertine made a typing championship thread somewhere Ask her about LSIs

Are you trying to trigger my period? If you go on, I'll silence you with cotton.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Apples are always apples, oranges are always oranges, yet apples and oranges even being completely different, can both exist in the same environment and be used for the same purposes.
    Ever tried making an orange pie?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is a lot easier IRL. You can probe and observe extraneous data.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Ever tried making an orange pie?
    Yes, it's one of my favorites!

I used this recipe:

But seriously if that's the best you got, your game's weak.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe @Vespertine made a typing championship thread somewhere Ask her about LSIs

Are you trying to trigger my period? If you go on, I'll silence you with cotton.
    "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood" is a quote from the movie you posted starting this thread.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood" is a quote from the movie you posted starting this thread.
    Well Doesn't prevent me from making period jokes

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Gamma NT and IEI, sometimes LSI and ENFx.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Doesn't prevent me from making period jokes
    No sane male tries to trigger a period. I'll tread a little more softly referencing movie quotes with the assumption it's understood.
    I'm Si PoLR.......bloody cotton thrown at me sounds terrifying.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No sane male tries to trigger a period. I'll tread a little more softly referencing movie quotes with the assumption it's understood.
    I'm Si PoLR.......bloody cotton thrown at me sounds terrifying.
    Why though? I've been wondering about this. When I take my meds I'm high and really nice Jk. Male hormones increase during period, so basically you see how you are 100% of the time lmao. But hm, I need to talk about this so let's derail. If not even my duals (AND THEY GOT ZE , omg Siiii!!!!) are calm about it, something's wrong. Ay. I know. I imagined grown ass E8 Adam Strange in shock about tampons wielded into his direction now. I think it's a good strategy to fend off male intrusive users in general Talk shit get hit! ...with a ball of #blood
    I wouldn't mind it since I'm used to it, seeing this stuff since 7 hears every month 5 days do the math.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why though? I've been wondering about this. When I take my meds I'm high and really nice Jk. Male hormones increase during period, so basically you see how you are 100% of the time lmao. But hm, I need to talk about this so let's derail. If not even my duals (AND THEY GOT ZE , omg Siiii!!!!) are calm about it, something's wrong. Ay. I know. I imagined grown ass E8 Adam Strange in shock about tampons wielded into his direction now. I think it's a good strategy to fend off male intrusive users in general Talk shit get hit! ...with a ball of #blood
    I wouldn't mind it since I'm used to it, seeing this stuff since 7 hears every month 5 days do the math.
    Actually, I'm fine with blood and bloody rags. I've seen a lot of blood, so it's not a big deal.

This first line is tra la, tra la, tral la, because the "What's New?" summary doesn't respect spoiler tags. @Chae, I'd only freak if I were wearing something that I really liked, because it's hard to get blood out of some fabrics.
    This may be TMI, but I was once having sex with a woman and her period started, and I only noticed that when she went from slippery to sticky, so we got blood all over both of us and the sheets, too. She was really embarrassed, but I just said, No problem, let's get a couple of washcloths.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grob? Unverschamt? Unanstandig?

YES

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Grob? Unverschamt? Unanstandig?

YES
    You forgot the "ä"