Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
Hm, interesting. The only factors I have very high behavioral correlation with are factors 4 & 5. Perhaps I'm not as conscientious as I imagine myself to be as almost none of those fit - but how the hell can you go a year without reading a book?? And I'm curious - why not buying a book and not even reading a book and high conscientiousness go together. . . I wonder what that correlation is about.
They seem to make "Conscientiousness" into a very specific thing about following rules to avoid uncertainty instead of just orderliness and discipline nowadays based on what I've read. Considering that's a common enough trait, it works statistically, but it doesn't really align with the standard use of the word, and I feel like there's quite a bit of a feeling of "people can't have multiple egotistically-useful traits combined!" in there. Successful people tend to be high on Openness and Conscientiousness IMO. I might have to link the study where people are baffled that people who like action films score higher than average on both and the researchers are shocked, but that's just what I'd call the Will to Get Shit Done tbh.