Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
One moment they can look sweet and caring and the next moment they can turn around and be bitching at you or pulling up something that they had been hiding to themselves beneath the surface emotionally yet gave no outer indications of
It's also E-9 related, which are not rare among base Fi types.

> They can seem like they can't see out of their tiny bubble to the big picture

By this way they may too underestimate someone cause having bad emotions to him/her. Or too idealize the ones who inspired good emotions in them, being blind to issues. Base Fi types are the most conformistic with personal sympathy, and the most negatively prejudged in case of antipathy. S types have this more, than N - which better understand the essence.
Also as base F types - they are quite emotional ones. But for base Fi it's not so clear on the surface where they may look even cold and restrained (E-9 especially), making harder to see F type in them. When base Fi supress own emotions (bad ones generally), they may shift the attention to T region and such talk closer to boring T types style. The high emotionality strongly affects their perception, sometimes making them to think and behave unreasonably preconceived to the suprising degree as they may be highly intelligent (high IQ, success in hard intellectual tasks). So when base F says stupid things - this may be due to emotional situation, but not because generally bad intellect.

> Honestly I can't remember a single instance of being criticized on my morals or relations with others by an ESI, as their supervisee.

I had it. It's mostly annoying and boring in offline even for me their semi-dual. They have emotions, but not much to argue besides banal things. While their emotions are not seen to affect your thoughts. You may understand they were right later, - as F types they are experts there, but the offline moral talking looks just funny.

> I think healthy ESIs have a lot of advantages and strong points

Unlike enneagram, socionics has no healthy state of types conception. Jung described own types as personal disorders and the more a type is expressed - the worse. Also there are non-types factors which make the difference between people of the same type.
Good "socionics literature" should describe types in good and bad sides equally. It's nice to have strong functions better than average, but nothing good to have weak which are below average.