Thread: what's up with all the esi hate?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the ESI uncovered profile presents a sense of truth that none other does. I believe ESI is not a strong strict person like many other profiles suggest. They are constantly overwhelmed with anxiety and stress from day to day life which they can barely keep up with. They are nice and non-judgemental in person but will share negative sentiments about you with their very close friends and spouse. They also tend to be hedonists and will constantly seek pleasureful activities and fun experiences. They are avoidant of arguments with friends but will fight to the death with a family member. They are also not loyal spouses that will never cheat, this is a myth.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I wrote the uncovered article after having had personal and business relationships with many; I've been most attracted to this type over my lifetime, which is supposed to be odd for an LII according to Socionics theory. According to my theory, superego is second only to dual. I certainly don't hate ESI by any stretch of the imagination but I have noted some fairly consistent inner struggles among most of them. If I were to write an uncovered profile for my type, it would be far more frightening. I tend to think that you are ESI because I found that this type routinely says that my article espouses hate, which I think relates to some of their potential insecurities.

a.k.a. I/O
    haha i think you'd have to read the regular esi profile to get a better understanding of why i made this thread. yours was definitely harsh, even in comparison to the other uncovered profiles, but it wasn't inaccurate. i thought it was quite well-written, actually. it just seemed too motivated by personal feelings, if that makes sense, like something you'd write post break-up. what do you like about them, if you don't mind me asking? interesting that you're attracted to them.

yeah, i could be esi. one of the few things stopping me from identifying as one is my affinity for iles. hnnng

on a sidenote: why do only 8 or so types have uncovered profiles? the sle one is ridonkulous, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DadsHome View Post
    I think the ESI uncovered profile presents a sense of truth that none other does. I believe ESI is not a strong strict person like many other profiles suggest. They are constantly overwhelmed with anxiety and stress from day to day life which they can barely keep up with. They are nice and non-judgemental in person but will share negative sentiments about you with their very close friends and spouse. They also tend to be hedonists and will constantly seek pleasureful activities and fun experiences. They are avoidant of arguments with friends but will fight to the death with a family member. They are also not loyal spouses that will never cheat, this is a myth.
    hey dad. i don't think they're strict either. i don't buy the, "strict, controlled, objective, passes judgment on everyone, won't let anyone get away with any irresponsibility!" descriptions at all, at least not in western society, but i relate to the constant anxiety, though i push it down most of the time. however, i don't relate to the two-faced behavior, cheating, or arguing with family members (or anyone, unless it's a debate) either, but i do relate to being a hedonist! i'm wondering if the short description you've written here could apply to some of the ones i know personally.

but i agree that the descriptions are not reflected in reality, and i stand by the opinion that there's a disproportionate amount of hate directed towards them, and it made me wonder if people just type people they dislike as esi, based on the inaccurate descriptions listed above, but i see a similar stigma surrounding iles, which is funny because they're conflictors. in general, though, the sensor types get the worst of it. this seems to be the case in most typology communities.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@paranoid "i don't relate to the two-faced behavior, cheating, or arguing with family members"

My ESI gf is willing to argue with me and her sister but won't say a thing to other people who spew nonsense. I like to argue with her(I don't believe in just accepting information from anyone and it's fun spar once in awhile) so maybe she learned to fight back. Her sister is super pushy and controlling, to the point of being stupid and deserves to be shut down once in awhile(I think she is SEE but not certain). I think the two-faced behavior was learned from living in a big city(NYC), it's quite common for people to talk crap and cheat, I would even go as far to say it's encouraged especially by young people and their culture.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    ............ it just seemed too motivated by personal feelings, if that makes sense, like something you'd write post break-up. what do you like about them, if you don't mind me asking?......yeah, i could be esi. one of the few things stopping me from identifying as one is my affinity for iles.........on a sidenote: why do only 8 or so types have uncovered profiles?.......
    Not much I do is motivated by personal feelings; most of my break-ups have likely been due to that fact. I like them because I seem to know how to reach them and they seem to innately understand from where I'm coming, and they possess many capabilities that I do not. I co-exist best with my dual but I connect best with my superego.

I cannot see ESI or EII ever having lasting relationships with ILEs; they rarely have similar objectives in life and can't seem to agree on priority or methodology. Libido will only get them through the first year or two.....

I have no idea why only 8; I only posted to the site and I wrote as things presented themselves.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@paranoid "i don't relate to the two-faced behavior, cheating, or arguing with family members"

My ESI gf is willing to argue with me and her sister but won't say a thing to other people who spew nonsense. I like to argue with her(I don't believe in just accepting information from anyone and it's fun spar once in awhile) so maybe she learned to fight back. Her sister is super pushy and controlling, to the point of being stupid and deserves to be shut down once in awhile(I think she is SEE but not certain). I think the two-faced behavior was learned from living in a big city(NYC), it's quite common for people to talk crap and cheat, I would even go as far to say it's encouraged especially by young people and their culture.
    oh i see. you've attributed these behaviors to esi but then you go on to explain why they are that way and the factors mentioned are environmental, not based on cognition. explain plz. but i agree that western culture (i'm making an assumption here) is dominated by debauchery and promiscuity. i think it's cool but i can see how the vast differences between our culture vs russian culture may tamper with the descriptions. rather, how the types play out in real life.

Not much I do is motivated by personal feelings; most of my break-ups have likely been due to that fact. I like them because I seem to know how to reach them and they seem to innately understand from where I'm coming, and they possess many capabilities that I do not. I co-exist best with my dual but I connect best with my superego.

I cannot see ESI or EII ever having lasting relationships with ILEs; they rarely have similar objectives in life and can't seem to agree on priority or methodology. Libido will only get them through the first year or two.....

I have no idea why only 8; I only posted to the site and I wrote as things presented themselves.

a.k.a. I/O
    good stuff. is hitting it off with your superego common? because i've read the opposite, or maybe it was that they hit it off initially but then the interest from both sides eventually wanes due to god-knows-what factors. i forget.

oh... most of my close friends are iles though. it's the type i'm most consistently drawn/attracted to.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    ........ is hitting it off with your superego common?
    Yes, for me and many pairs I've known both in business and socially. Our Achilles heel is not recognizing the need for communication.

Eps seem to have an innate ability to draw people into their world so be aware that you may be under the influence of gravity rather than connection.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eps seem to have an innate ability to draw people into their world so be aware that you may be under the influence of gravity rather than connection.....

a.k.a. I/O
    like stockholm syndrome?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

no, that's not stockholm syndrome, but i agree it's hard to tell where you stand with ep types. sort of like, "i can't tell if we're really connecting and you feel it, too, or if you're one of those charming types that everyone hits it off with, ergo this is just a day in the life for you..."

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. They are avoidant of arguments with friends but will fight to the death with a family member.
    Some of them are like this, others do exactly the opposite (i.e. avoid arguing with family members because it would damage their relationship), I don´t believe there´s a real pattern.

Anyway I believe the uncovered article was actually fairly sweet compared to many of other uncovered articles.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Some of them are like this, others do exactly the opposite (i.e. avoid arguing with family members because it would damage their relationship), I don´t believe there´s a real pattern.

Anyway I believe the uncovered article was actually fairly sweet compared to many of other uncovered articles.
    I agree with you in a general sense, I do not think they are aggressive with people. I do think they can be in certain situations though(as should anyone). I framed my above comment wrong, I really meant to suggest it's incredibly rare for them to be pushy(family and spouse are extremely close relationships compared to common relationships like acquaintance and friendship). I do not understand why in almost all ESI articles they are portrayed as strict and pushy, it's bullshit and has probably caused so many people confusion.

And this article is definitely soft in comparison to the uncovered articles. I think the IEE uncovered article is brutal ha

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you in a general sense, I do not think they are aggressive with people. I do think they can be in certain situations though(as should anyone). I framed my above comment wrong, I really meant to suggest it's incredibly rare for them to be pushy(family and spouse are extremely close relationships compared to common relationships like acquaintance and friendship). I do not understand why in almost all ESI articles they are portrayed as strict and pushy, it's bullshit and has probably caused so many people confusion.
    Yeah, I agree with that. The only situation when they're a bit strict is when they're teachers or trainers, imho.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit