Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cozy Beta Se Rooms To Enjoy

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Cozy Beta Se Rooms To Enjoy

(Trump, Melania, Barron and all his stupid families are not included)

I mean it's not bad, but basically it's too gaudy and tasteless.

Uh... if you're a Beta, then you can post pictures of your ideal rooms or house or something. I'd be curious to know what they might look like.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yep, you nailed it. Status/power-conscious, impractical, expressive, it looks better than it is actually comfortable. The decorative redundancy is off the charts I.e., there are few useful things in there, it's just gold and shiny to show off that you top the hierarchy.

The ceiling seems to have a mythological battle scene on it, that's Fe-Se dramatism and belligerence. There's lot of historical references and symbolism going on, Ni.

In general: Just one glance and you can see that this would be way too much maintenance work for Delta. Imagine going through them with a duster Displaying these rooms is probably that exact point: we don't need to clean all of this cuz we're filthy rich and have servants

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This would be how I see ideal Beta homes:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's more Beta extroverts than anything. Beta introverts would probably want something a little simpler and not be overwhelmed by all the senses.

Or maybe it's just a certain kind of Trumpism.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I'd want something like these. I'd hate to have anything that looks OLD and ancient, like chandeliers.

I wouldn't want too much colors in a room, unless it was more symmetrical and consistent. So something like these could be nice:

I wouldn't want too much wooden materials/textures, but again, if it was consistent like this then it could be nice:

Last edited by Singu; 02-11-2017 at 02:00 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Everything Trump is gaudy.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty nice but so formal & uptight to really relax in I prefer something more comfortable

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I would live in this cave, with someone, if I had decent wifi. #moderncavemanfantasies

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The only one I like in this thread is @Aylen's

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    The only one I like in this thread is @Aylen's
    You have an open invitation to visit anytime. <3

YWIMW

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    pretty nice but so formal & uptight to really relax in I prefer something more comfortable
    It's the Ni brah... it has to have a certain kind of inner-consistency and harmony. I guess Si has more to do with warm fuzziness kind of comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I would live in this cave, with someone, if I had decent wifi. #moderncavemanfantasies
    I don't like nature.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Looks Te/Ni to me. I imagine "this guy" living there.

It is nice to look at but who is going to keep that clean... :/

I like the kitchen but probably not what I would choose for myself.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I'm not Te/Ni... why is it Te/Ni.

Well whatever... I guess there's no consistency/consensus for Betas and everyone just want to live in different kinds of rooms.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

That's the "coziest" kind of interior design I'd like.

When I look at certain interior design pictures, I can tell what I like and what I don't, but I would have no idea how to do interior design for my own home, like arrange things, what I would need, what material goes well together, and so forth. I suppose my best bet is to find someone with whom I share a similar sense of style, and they take over and do the designing, and I can give a Veto if I really don't like it. As long as I am not totally turned off by it, they could do whatever they liked, and I'd trust their eye for that kind of thing.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cassandra That's not too bad actually... but I don't really like how everything is so black and dark. Those modern chandeliers look pretty cool.

But it's interesting how everyone's tastes differ... or well maybe that's not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    When I look at certain interior design pictures, I can tell what I like and what I don't, but I would have no idea how to do interior design for my own home, like arrange things, what I would need, what material goes well together, and so forth. I suppose my best bet is to find someone with whom I share a similar sense of style, and they take over and do the designing, and I can give a Veto if I really don't like it. As long as I am not totally turned off by it, they could do whatever they liked, and I'd trust their eye for that kind of thing.
    Yeah, I get what you mean. Well it's more like... I'm too lazy to do it.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Yeah, I get what you mean. Well it's more like... I'm too lazy to do it.
    Hm, for me it's about not being good at it. Hence having to deal with that kind of responsibility could stress me out.
    Before I'd have to take care of that stuff on my own, I'd consult an interior designer or someone I know who is good at it.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

@Cassandra That's not too bad actually... but I don't really like how everything is so black and dark. Those modern chandeliers look pretty cool.
    Yeah, you are a fan of the opposite – everything being super light.

Black used to be my favourite colour (now I don't feel like I have one), so that probably explains why I was into the darkness there.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

But I'm not Te/Ni... why is it Te/Ni.

Well whatever... I guess there's no consistency/consensus for Betas and everyone just want to live in different kinds of rooms.
    It's just a matter of personal taste really. I have associated the colors black and white with gamma. If you check the color thread you will see people had different ideas of what colors fit elements/quadras.

I would say role si is more casual but like cass if someone laid it out for me to see and I could choose (and not have to keep it all clean) I might go with something different. I actually like what I have now though, irl.

YWIMW

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I sort of just like collecting things from different places that have different meanings to me. For instance in the room I'm in now, I have a colorful wooden carved elephant that a friend brought to me from India, a Native American Marriage Pot that my husband bought me, a glass figurine of a woman in native Kazak clothing from a (Kazak) friend, a wooden jewelry box with a cat and coy-fish carved into it that my husband bought me in the mountains, a painting my friend painted for me (it's of me and my husband floating over a cosmic bed of poppy flowers), a Japanese style bureau that I saw at a local "eastern" store, etc.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Colour association and Quadras...

Beta would be Red, Gamma would be Blue (navy).
    (Reminds me of a site that assigned Beta to the Fire element, and Gamma to Water.)

Alpha could be Yellow or Orange, something bright and cheery.
    Delta could be Forest Green or Grey, something mature, down-to-earth, and elegant.

But that's just how I "see" it.
    So, I don't believe the people from the Quadras would actually use the respective colours in their home decoration.
    (Some might, but that would just be a coincidence.)

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I actually like colors in art (see my avatar)... but it's just that in rooms, I think the colors, especially the colors of the walls would distract me and negatively affect my mood. Like if I lived in the place in Cassandra's pics, it would probably depress me...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Looks Te/Ni to me. I imagine "this guy" living there.

not sure about Te/Ni, but yeah I can easily imagine this guy living there

It is nice to look at but who is going to keep that clean... :/
    my thoughts exactly

I like the kitchen but probably not what I would choose for myself.
    the kitchen looks nice but there is something I didn't like about but can't tell what is it
    what I liked the most here is probably this

and also the ones posted by @Cassandra

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cassandra That's not too bad actually... but I don't really like how everything is so black and dark.
    really?! I actually liked the colors more than the design even though I like the design too

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really?! I actually liked the colors more than the design even though I like the design too
    Yeah I mean the black would depress me haha... It would be pretty unusual to live in a black room.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    Is that your actual house? That's not too bad actually... if there weren't all the art on the wall (sorry, distracting).
    Last edited by Singu; 02-11-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this today:

LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Coming back to the thread since I found this

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden hmmmmm..... If it weren't for the colors, then that's not too different than the ones me or Cassandra picked... The colors are grey and not black so it's more calm than depressing...

Maybe there's a pattern... Beta NFs may prefer more modern/minimalist look (among other things). I mean look at Apple's design, it's all minimalism. Maybe it doesn't disturb the Ni too much.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden hmmmmm..... If it weren't for the colors, then that's not too different than the ones me or Cassandra picked... The colors are grey and not black so it's more calm than depressing...

Maybe there's a pattern... Beta NFs may prefer more modern/minimalist look (among other things). I mean look at Apple's design, it's all minimalism. Maybe it doesn't disturb the Ni too much.
    I like minimialism because it allows one or two things to stand out. I can enjoy a light or dark color scheme. My downstairs is mainly white, my upstairs is mainly dark gray. I don't like beige-y inbetweenness so much.

I could enjoy the Trump decor if there were a sense of humor or self-awareness in it. Of course it won't have that. I'd prefer something eccentric:

Or if it has to be rococo, at least more like this maybe:

I couldn't live every day in either of those environments, but at least they aren't so crass and dumb.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that your actual house? That's not too bad actually... if there weren't all the art on the wall (sorry, distracting).
    It's not my own. But when I stumbled over the image I was stunned by how similar the set up was to my old apartment. I now draw inspiration from it.

Edit: I will post a panorama shot of my place once im done setting things up the way I want it.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden hahahaha, now I see your added pics to the first one... No offense, but that is just "Si PoLR"... it would be quite bizarre to live in a place with such bizarre color schemes... lol. That's so strange to me... It doesn't disgust me, but it feels strange.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I love the last rooms Golden posted. They are so vibrant and fun.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden hahahaha, now I see your added pics to the first one... No offense, but that is just "Si PoLR"... it would be quite bizarre to live in a place with such bizarre color schemes... lol. That's so strange to me... It doesn't disgust me, but it feels strange.
    The only one I find strange is the one with the green wall and broken furniture lol. The others for me are pretty soothing.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    ^ I love the last rooms Golden posted. They are so vibrant and fun.
    That makes sense because I think they're more alpha-ish. I like the playfulness, but I'm not sure I could put together a room like that.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I could enjoy the Trump decor if there were a sense of humor or self-awareness in it. Of course it won't have that. I'd prefer something eccentric:

Yee... I don't know what's going on in this one. I don't like it...

Or if it has to be rococo, at least more like this maybe:

I guess this is more "stereotypically Beta"... It has a kind of an Aristocratic look/feel. It's not really my style though.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yee... I don't know what's going on in this one. I don't like it...

I guess this is more "stereotypically Beta"... It has a kind of an Aristocratic look/feel. It's not really my style though.
    Ha. I don't love either of these, but my point is just that in trying to find anything preferable to the Trump decor, which looks like 1980s Queens, NY on steroids, any kind of eccentric or silly decor would at least not look so meaningless.
    Last edited by golden; 02-12-2017 at 01:04 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though it's brown, I love this house. NOT the furniture. The original handcrafted finishings in the rooms are amazing. Think what you could make of this place, ugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast