Thread: starfalls type

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I think there are several people in this thread who have a difficult time asserting themselves -- their interactions are poorly calibrated, using way too much force, or way too little force, and they take things as a personal attack when there's no reason to. This is something I see sometimes in ethicals with weak Se. I see it in @Starfall, in @Maritsa, and in @Cassandra. (I'm not great at it either, but maybe it's not quite such a sore spot.) So it's interesting to see them in conflict over typing one another, when I see them as all having fairly similar types.

I don't put any great faith in socionics, and I put less in enneagram. The idea that Starfall could be seen as an 8 is pretty strange to me, though.
    No, not that she is a core 8, but in her tritype.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Ghost can pick up on the fact that SF has more "energy", more "assertion", more "sass" and interprets it as 8 vs 9.
    I'd rather interpret that as Se Creative, and her overall Enneagram gut fixation being 9 actually. That's why she'd rather not assert herself in certain situations
    I have trouble raising my hand in class, and im 8 fixed. =D I have social anxiety so i dont assert myself in certain situations, and never get aggressive or lose temper in public or with people im not close to. But its not related to the 9 - nine is having trouble to let it out, period. Not about how you are seen, though ofc 9s and 9-fixers can care about that too. Hope you understand what i mean.

9:
    4446.jpg

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghost can pick up on the fact that SF has more "energy", more "assertion", more "sass" and interprets it as 8 vs 9.
    I'd rather interpret that as Se Creative, and her overall Enneagram gut fixation being 9 actually. That's why she'd rather not assert herself in certain situations.

Anyhow... I'll stand by her being ESI, and she'll stick with IEI (for she's been self-typing like that for a very long time – thanks to certain "experts", it looks like. I am not expecting her to just change her mind on that subject quickly, or at all. And I won't change my mind either. I've been re-thinking my typing of her, but I kept coming back to my main conclusion. So... there won't be any dissolution of the issue. All we can do is accept each other's viewpoints and put it to rest.)
    What experts? What are you trying to say? Of course it's fine to acknowledge disagreement and move on. But it's hard to really put contentious discussions to rest when your statements contain words like that.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Se creative and I'm not super assertive. I can be, but generally I'm not really...It takes effort for me to be assertive.

I've seen SF on tinychat before and she exudes beta values/humor. I think her deviations from the stereotypes of some of the IEI attributes of socionics are similar to everyone's deviations from these types... (no deviations would seem more weird to me than not). I certainly do not check off every box for "ESI" nor would I want to.

Also, also I feel sad that personal stories shared in the context of chatting among "friends" can be used later for thwarted purposes ("omgawd she wasn't dating her dual..askflsakdjflsakjf blah blah")...hence why I rarely share anything personal about myself/life on this site anymore and why I do not utilize chatbox. Most people I personally know have dated people who were not good for them (myself included) and it was largely due to a lack of self-confidence; these experiences become eventually (and hopefully) a lesson to one's self. anyways.

sf, pookie, & animal are like benchmark IEIs. and I secretly like reading their posts.muahaha
    Last edited by blackburry; 02-07-2017 at 03:51 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how Mr Inappropriate was being rude exactly?

He simply stated the truth. I don't want to air someone's dirty laundry or anything like that so I won't say too much, but most people who have tuned into the chat box regularly in the recent months or years will have heard plenty about Starfall's rough dating history and how that has impacted her.

P.S: What I could see as his "faux pas" is the fact he was being a bit too candid. I don't know whether Starfall has this policy of no one mentioning personal things she said in the chat box in the threads... If she doesn't, he didn't do anything wrong per se.
    Stating someone is "insecure/codependent/borderline woman" when it is not true, is disrepectful and dishonourable. If I was her I would feel dishonoured.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

What experts? What are you trying to say? Of course it's fine to acknowledge disagreement and move on. But it's hard to really put contentious discussions to rest when your statements contain words like that.
    Well, someone who identifies as an expert must have officially typed her.
    I don't know who it is, so I have no idea whether they are actually an expert or not.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know who it is, so I have no idea whether they are actually an expert or not.
    I see. What would qualify someone as an expert in socinoics?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I see. What would qualify someone as an expert in socinoics?
    Hm, good question.

I'd say people who have contributed to the theory, published noteworthy articles, and/or typed people successfully for a considerable amount of time.

People like Gulenko, Filatova, Reinin, etc.

And then there are people who are close to that level.
    I'm assuming that someone who regards themselves close to that level has typed her.

Anyhow, I guess it doesn't really matter who exactly has typed her "officially" as IEI first.
    Though I'd still like to know who it was.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm. or maybe she typed herself?...

I must have missed a memo that we have to be officially "knighted" as a type by an expert typer.
    In my opinion a personality type is supposed to bridge various wordy descriptions with a "line of best fit" for your own inner workings.
    I did not go through this process of being officially typed to find one that best resonated with me. In fact, the sociotype website page regarding ESIs was the only description of all the articles I read on multiple types that I felt even an inkling of resemblance to.

Hm, good question.

I'd say people who have contributed to the theory, published noteworthy articles, and/or typed people successfully for a considerable amount of time.

People like Gulenko, Filatova, Reinin, etc.

And then there are people who are close to that level.
    I'm assuming that someone who regards themselves close to that level has typed her.

Anyhow, I guess it doesn't really matter who exactly has typed her "officially" as IEI first.
    Though I'd still like to know who it was.
    I am a bit curious as to who officially typed you and if they were close to "that level" of who you assumed typed her?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Erm. or maybe she typed herself?...

I must have missed a memo that we have to be officially "knighted" as a type by an expert typer.
    In my opinion a personality type is supposed to bridge various wordy descriptions with a "line of best fit" for your own inner workings.
    I did not go through this process of being officially typed to find one that best resonated with me. In fact, the sociotype website page regarding ESIs was the only description of all the articles I read on multiple types that I felt even an inkling of resemblance to.
    If I remember correctly, she once stated that she got officially typed as IEI by someone (or several people?).
    She seemed to base her confidence in her typing on that fact (more or less).

And no, I don't believe people need to be officially typed by anyone else to be typed correctly.

Personally I never sought out someone else's expertise to figure out my type(s). I was set on becoming more of an expert myself and to understand the theory well enough so I could do it myself. I found it unnecessary to let someone else do that for me.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I was adding more to my post at that same time that you were typing this. SIMULTANEOUSNESSSSSSSSSSS. (but in a way you did answer my added in question with this^ post). so. gracias.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I think I was adding more to my post at that same time that you were typing this. SIMULTANEOUSNESSSSSSSSSSS. (but in a way you did answer my added in question with this^ post). so. gracias.
    Haha, no problem.

I must have read your thoughts.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She said she typed herself in the first page of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I self type as IEI-Ni.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you type her as? ESE?
    Yes. I see a lot of Fe in how she brings attention to her problems but no Ni. She does get immobile due to the emotional problems and thus says she is lazy and doesn't clean up but that isn't attributed to introverted it's just being lazy.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Starfall, who were you typed by (if I may ask)?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you type her as? ESE?
    Her lack of Ni leading causes her to procrastinate on important events like renewing memberships and letting deadlines go by

Gulenko described ESE

"With difficulty contains his emotions. Nitpicks people whom he doesn't like. Becomes very offended if his efforts are not appreciated. Quite fussy and scattered. Constantly overloaded with things to do, many of which can be foregone or postponed.

Poorly predicts major life upheavals and events. Expects only positive results and outcomes, thus is often subject to stress and disappointments from his unfulfilled hopes. Stable in his habits and methods of spending his free time. Over-estimates how much time he has left, and doesn't finish everything that was planned. Often starts on important work in the last minute, which leads to unnecessary hurrying and agitation."
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Sure, Duality can play some role when it comes to what someone is attracted to; but at the end of the day, for most people their attraction pattern says much more about their Imago than their Dual. For a lot of people (possibly most), the Imago is not the same type as their Dual.

Most people don't end up with their Dual for many possible reasons... I have talked about it here.
    Essentially, it is mainly about the Imago and Proximity whether you end up with your Dual or not.
    The imago issue you bring up in the article - it can be resolved. Just because it's an image based in childhood, it doesn't mean you can't work through it and break free.

Also, as for your typing of Starfall, you will have to step back and realize your biases causing you to cherry pick like that. You are not using a consistent overall image of her to type her, just little details not specific to type. That's when bias is most prominent.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*wipes brow* It's been a while since the last epic battle-type thread.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I don't consider myself an official expert... just yet.
    It would take more years and continuous dedication, and so forth.

Anyhow, to be honest, you've just shown me that you really want to be IEI.

Whenever I commented on something you've said before and put it into a framework, you've re-arranged what you said (first you say you are good at something, and when I say this is untypical of IEI you say you are actually not good at it – huh?) and gave some extra stories so it all fit the general IEI descriptions better.

Or you just said "I am not Te valuing" when prior you made a statement that pretty much hinted at it.
    You always press me for more examples, but you didn't give a good explanation of you being actually Te PoLR and not Te valuing. You'd emphasize your weakness in that area, not actually your disdain for it which is characteristic of the PoLR. Or rather, you'd attribute your weakness in Te as your weakness in Se. Generally, I find you mix up the two a lot. You equate laziness with weak Se. Again, weak Te (ISFx) can also be "lazy" or better "unproductive" – that's the better word for it. Again, finding an issue with being unproductive is commonly a Te valuing concern.

To recap, Seeking and PoLR are both equally weak. The PoLR is unvalued, in the sense that you dread it. In the case of Te PoLR, you'd get irritated when people around you emphasize and promote or bolster productivity (the opposite of laziness), efficiency, and the factual correctness over systematic logic as a main goal. (Let me guess, if I didn't mention this now you'd just take what I said and say how you do get irritated by Te and when people emphasize efficiency. See? You use my words to justify your IEI typing. The reasoning or explanation doesn't actually come from yourself. You just borrow what I say and make it fit to you. You've done this several times in the recent replies.)

Anyhow, we clearly have different takes on the Information Elements and functions.
    Additionally you have a knack to make it sound like you are IEI by giving roundabout examples of being that way, and re-wording things you've said prior so it fits.
    What you say or claim you are, and what you are actually like and express (directly or indirectly) are two different things, imo.

I didn't intend to say all this in this manner, but I find it appropriate after I've been called "nutty" etc.

Anyway, as I said, this won't ever end.
    I better stop responding to this thread.

P.S: In your words, the claim that IEIs get regularly "aggressive" or confrontational when they are "upset" is pretty much bs.
    In some way, I don't even entirely blame you for that. Apparently, many people on here have it set in their minds that this kind of behaviour is characteristic of IEI, when it is actually more characteristic of Se Ego. Also, when Maritsa gets "aggressive" it is mostly passive-aggressive. She becomes defensive, not directly accusatory or low-key "threatening". Typically she'll just say "You are wrong, I have decided on my typing for you" or something along those lines. Btw, to make it clear, I do believe she is EII and not ESI.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typed myself. I've never even made a thread about my type before. Not on this forum or any other forum.

I made a thread about which subtype people thought I was, but that's about it.
    Oh ok, I thought you said you've been typed by an expert. Maybe that was someone else. Nvm, disregard my comment

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OMG IT'S HERZY WTF WOW TAKE ME NOW WHAT

Hi @Herzy, I've read a lot of your archived posts, you seem cool
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The imago issue you bring up in the article - it can be resolved. Just because it's an image based in childhood, it doesn't mean you can't work through it and break free.

Also, as for your typing of Starfall, you will have to step back and realize your biases causing you to cherry pick like that. You are not using a consistent overall image of her to type her, just little details not specific to type. That's when bias is most prominent.
    You know anyone who truly "broke free" from their Imago?
    I just know of people who ended up dating someone who didn't fit their Imago that much, but they still had their "type".
    They'd just say "I didn't marry my type, and I'm still happy." Note how their "type" didn't actually change or disappear.
    If that's what you mean, fair enough. It's true that the Imago is the most potent the unhealthier you are.

My typing of her is based on the consistent image of someone who is good at viscerally influencing people and gaining a good position in the group both by conversational and visual means. Someone who is aware of their likes and dislikes, and enjoys talking about their personal feelings and concerns about matters; who is quick to "test" someone when they are new to the forum and potentially threatening their position – a sign of being uncomfortable with surprises that could be detrimental; someone who is not afraid to attack or question someone's position and assert themselves; someone who demands and appreciates factual accuracy and knowledge; someone who disregards information based on intuitive impressions and logical reasonings only; someone who would appreciate help in being more productive and spending their time more wisely; someone who is able to influence the emotional atmosphere but mostly does not do so in favour of talking about more personally relevant matters; someone who has a liking for the "deeper and hidden meaning" of things, but has troubles with developing a future vision that makes them hopeful and they can work towards; someone who is an aesthete and well aware of what is pleasing to the eye, and who knows how to present themselves well... and the list could go on.

All of that led me to typing her as ESI-Fi.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

There is really only one person vehemently arguing against IEI and for ESI. She must have her reasons for asserting her typing over and over in this thread. The results of the poll are exactly as expected. @Starfall

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE works a lot better than ESI, but the only issue with that typing is that I'm definitely not an extrovert. Social situations (fun as they can be), drain me immensely.
    4w3 sp/sx .

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Ni

IEE-Fi

ESI-Fi

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE works a lot better than ESI, but the only issue with that typing is that I'm definitely not an extrovert. Social situations (fun as they can be), drain me immensely.
    I would try to forget about the draining vs. gaining energy aspect of E/I and focus on the positioning of IEs.
    I would be mistaken as an Extrovert in the mainstream sense of the word, but in Model A I am 100000% EII.

If you feel confident in being IEI, and 11 years of experience (damn...), then I woul continue with the IEI typing. I was just giving my two cents, considering I've never met you in person or have talked to you much on here, you would have the best idea of who you are.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No. I contain my emotions really well when I want to. I'm not a nit-picky person at all. I am not easily offended. I am scattered but I'm not really fussy. I'm never really overloaded with things to do but I do forget and postpone stuff.

Nope. I actually predicted upheavals and events really well. I also don't only "expect positive results and outcomes", I'm realistic in my predictions and can actually be quite cynical at times. I also don't "overestimate how much time I have left". Deadlines never stress me out, i'm always able to finish things at the last minute relatively stress-free (I don't know how I do it, but I do it).

I remember my ESI boss telling me how stressed out she was when it came to packing for a trip. She said she would stress out for days before hand. I found that to be really weird because whenever I pack for a trip I do it at the last second and put no thought to it, whatsoever. Stuff like that very rarely stresses me out.

This is more me.
    Ni base types are planners and they don't wait till the last minute. They prepare in advance

This is what Ni is defined

"Time (T) is responsible for the estimation of the passage of time, the understanding of a course of processes in time, and forecasting. T understands how things may change and evolve over time and throughout history. T is acutely aware of events that are occurring outside of the immediate perception of the moment, and sees events as part of a continuous flow. T perceives the possible ramifications of future events and notices ties to the past. T observes behavioral patterns and can assess a person's character."

With the way that you've described your activities and missing important deadlines by procrastination you don't focus on Ni. I believe that you focus on SI
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-08-2017 at 02:00 AM.
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

P.S: In your words, the claim that IEIs get regularly "aggressive" or confrontational when they are "upset" is pretty much bs.
    It is not bs. I've seen quite some IEIs do that. (No, not all of them.) It's just, they do it differently from Se egos. I find they are pretty short bursts of Se DS. And they can look extra emotional with it.

You know anyone who truly "broke free" from their Imago?
    Yes.

I just know of people who ended up dating someone who didn't fit their Imago that much, but they still had their "type".
    They'd just say "I didn't marry my type, and I'm still happy." Note how their "type" didn't actually change or disappear.
    If that's what you mean, fair enough. It's true that the Imago is the most potent the unhealthier you are.
    No, that's not what I mean.

The imago can be recognized and your attitude to it also recognized and changed.

I agree about the unhealthiness aspect. (And btw, overall I really like this concept. Not questioning its existence obviously, just this "fatalist" attitude that the attitude to it can't be changed while it can.)

As for your summary on Starfall... hmm nicely put together, the question is how much of it is reinterpreted ambiguous data that could've been interpreted in some other way.

My typing of her is based on the consistent image of someone who is good at viscerally influencing people
    From my Se ego standpoint, nah. She has definitely influenced my Fe before though.

and gaining a good position in the group both by conversational and visual means.
    Visual means, such as?

Someone who is aware of their likes and dislikes, and enjoys talking about their personal feelings and concerns about matters; who is quick to "test" someone when they are new to the forum and potentially threatening their position – a sign of being uncomfortable with surprises that could be detrimental;
    I didn't see that, so cannot comment on it.

someone who is not afraid to attack or question someone's position and assert themselves; someone who demands and appreciates factual accuracy and knowledge; someone who disregards information based on intuitive impressions and logical reasonings only;
    What seemed like disregarding information based on intuitive impressions?

someone who would appreciate help in being more productive and spending their time more wisely; someone who is able to influence the emotional atmosphere but mostly does not do so in favour of talking about more personally relevant matters;
    You mean her talking about her life stuff?

someone who has a liking for the "deeper and hidden meaning" of things, but has troubles with developing a future vision that makes them hopeful and they can work towards;
    What seemed like that?

someone who is an aesthete and well aware of what is pleasing to the eye, and who knows how to present themselves well...
    Si role girls are capable of dressing well.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Ni base types are planners and they don't wait till the last minute. They prepare in advance
    What kind of coffee do EIIs drink? I'm more of a caramel-guy

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

As for Cassandra not seeing Starfall dual as being SLE, that's funny cause as much as intertypes are suspect, it makes perfect sense in her case. Her quirky inappropriate (often toilet) humour, emojis and dreamstate laissez-faire attitude would fit SLE Fi Polr partner in crime perfectly.

Cassandra on the other hand, with her non-receptive responses to crude jokes, over-rationalization in every response and misinterpretation of sarcasm and hyperbole (really, how naive do you have to be to not get when people are obviously joking???) doesn't seem like a good fit for SLE - unless I've missed a meme and they want a 18th century blushing rose. There are other things from her personal life she mentioned that show a repel of Se, but I won't mention them here because my NY's resolution was to be less of a bitch.

Starfall responds to Se much more naturally imo - she bounces in tune of it, while Cassandra seems thrown off by it. Starfall seems like she percieves this world, she's open - Cassandra judges it, she's closed in her judgments and wants to get to the final decisions quickly as possible and never change them. Such rigid unflexibility is unusual for a percieving type imo. Maybe that's why Starfall has zero chemistry with Adam, while Cassandra and him have this combined rational outlook on this world. Even if Cassandra is IEI, which I'm getting less and less sure of since this exchange, she's much less typical than Starfall and fits IEI descriptions much less, so this whole battle-type is hilarious.

Btw, being worried about being seen as unproductive is not Te valuing, it's called LIVING ON PLANET EARTH

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the Cassandra/Adam similarities. Whenever I point this out people seem to think I'm nuts, lol.
    @Starfall, @Cassandra and I are actually the same person.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Cassandra on the other hand, with her non-receptive responses to crude jokes, over-rationalization in every response and misinterpretation of sarcasm and hyperbole (really, how naive do you have to be to not get when people are obviously joking???) doesn't seem like a good fit for SLE - unless I've missed a meme and they want a 18th century blushing rose. There are other things from her personal life she mentioned that show a repel of Se, but I won't mention them here because my NY's resolution was to be less of a bitch.

Starfall responds to Se much more naturally imo - she bounces in tune of it, while Cassandra seems thrown off by it. Starfall seems like she percieves this world, she's open - Cassandra judges it, she's closed in her judgments and wants to get to the final decisions quickly as possible and never change them. Such rigid unflexibility is unusual for a percieving type imo. Maybe that's why Starfall has zero chemistry with Adam, while Cassandra and him have this combined rational outlook on this world. Even if Cassandra is IEI, which I'm getting less and less sure of since this exchange, she's much less typical than Starfall and fits IEI descriptions much less, so this whole battle-type is hilarious.
    I've seen rigid Ti HA of IEI enough not to discount IEI for @Cassandra. That IEI-2Ni in the previous profile, if true, that would probably make Ti even more pronounced.

As for misinterpretation of sarcasm etc. Easily non-type related, based on life circumstances. You do not have to be naive to not get when people are obviously joking. There can be other ways/reasons for not getting it.

Not saying Cassandra can't be naive, I kinda see a little streak of some sort of naivety in her (not in a bad way).

As for SLE being her dual or not... I could see a really really extraverted SLE-Se take her by the hand and give all that load of Se to her. lol (And noo, I don't mean stuff like @Mr inappropriate talked about)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phantombride View Post
    What kind of coffee do EIIs drink? I'm more of a caramel-guy
    Objects like coffee, chocolate etc are not type specific. A person's orientation towards one is.
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the Cassandra/Adam similarities. Whenever I point this out people seem to think I'm nuts, lol.
    Similarity can just be the shared Ni. And not type-related factors.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    As for Cassandra not seeing Starfall dual as being SLE, that's funny cause as much as intertypes are suspect, it makes perfect sense in her case. Her quirky inappropriate (often toilet) humour, emojis and dreamstate laissez-faire attitude would fit SLE Fi Polr partner in crime perfectly.

Btw, being worried about being seen as unproductive is not Te valuing, it's called LIVING ON PLANET EARTH
    Wait, Starfall has zero chemistry with me? Now my heart is breaking. I happen to like Starfall.

This whole thread could be seen as an example of what can happen to people when they are raised by out-of-quadra parents. I mean, I was. We can unintentionally assume our parent's ideals, for "who so firm that cannot be seduced?" But not forever.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I could see a really really extraverted SLE-Se take her by the hand and give all that load of Se to her. lol (And noo, I don't mean stuff like @Mr inappropriate talked about)
    Haha, comment of the day

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    IEI-Ni

IEE-Fi

ESI-Fi

I'd type the first girl (Mia Wasikowska) as EII-Fi Type 9, and the second actress (Emmanuelle Béart) as ESI + SO blindspot, and not sure about the last one – don't know her well enough (could be another ESI).

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post

Sup, bro?
    Bro. If you knew how devoid of life *shoves present thread under the carpet* the forum has been.

Take me now I say, while I have a free slot in my schedule.

If you see what I mean.

But yeah, brunch sometime?
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've seen rigid Ti HA of IEI enough not to discount IEI for @Cassandra. That IEI-2Ni in the previous profile, if true, that would probably make Ti even more pronounced.

As for misinterpretation of sarcasm etc. Easily non-type related, based on life circumstances. You do not have to be naive to not get when people are obviously joking. There can be other ways/reasons for not getting it.

Not saying Cassandra can't be naive, I kinda see a little streak of some sort of naivety in her (not in a bad way).

As for SLE being her dual or not... I could see a really really extraverted SLE-Se take her by the hand and give all that load of Se to her. lol (And noo, I don't mean stuff like @Mr inappropriate talked about)
    I'm not discrediting her, I honestly believe it's possible she's IEI. It's just beyond irritating when she discredits others who are much more typical examples of this type (I mean, Aylen, really? I'm questioning the intelligence of anybody who types her as non-intuitive).

Cassandra's emphasis on her Ti and unshakable faith in it *is* quite unusual for IEI and blatant misenterpritation of sarcasm and hyperbole is unusual for merry ethical type. So maybe she shouldn't judge others by her case, because SHE's the weird one

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Just so you guys know, because you keep mentioning it – I am leaning towards typing Aylen as IEI as of now.
    Not entirely certain yet, but this is the current tendency.

So, you can stop bringing it up.
    People can change their minds.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yeah, the poll results were rather predictable.

I also wanted to create a platform so Cassandra could give her reasoning for ESI, as she tends to run away whenever any of us ask why she types us that now. Her response to this thread was also what I expected, yet still just as irritating. I'm pretty much over it. She's convinced that she's right, will not admit fault to anything and will defend her position and pick and twist things around no matter what I say. She also seems to have this image of me engraved into her mind that is not accurate.
    I understand. These ESI typings have been the metaphorical elephant in the room for some time now. I could not take mine seriously at all and yes I thought she typed me that to be vindictive when I questioned why all self typed IEI (except for BnD) was suddenly ESI.

Even k4m had me thoroughly reconsider whether I was sx/so instead of sx/sp. In the end I stuck with what fit me. I can't relate to the ESI profile/function stack at all so being typed that was out of left field for me and I quickly dismissed it. I had 0 interest in considering it. I lived with an ESI for some time. No one would confuse us for the same type.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast